WTB: Athletic tape

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post' started by Danstevens, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone. I have added some lead to some of my rackets, but I think taking off some of the lead and adding athletic tape over the top might improve the aerodynamics slightly. In my area, I haven't seen any athletic tape and in truth, I wouldn't know what it would look like anyway. Has anyone got some (enough for 2 rackets)? I'd pay you a little amount of money and pay postage if you wanted.

Thanks in advance.

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but here in California they sell rolls of athletic tape at the local sports store. If you ask a football(soccer) player I'm sure they could spare you some tape or tell you where they got their roll. A roll of tape doesn't cost a lot of money at all. In fact the shipping will probably be more than the tape itself unless you buy the tape in bulk.

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

the lead tape should be more aerodynamic. its pretty thin, and can go anywhere on the racket.

if desperate to make your racket more head heavy while not sacrificing aerodynamics, think about finding ways to reduce the grip weight, i.e Lin Dan's grip.

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Good idea. I'll have a think about what I could do to it.

Thanks for the tip, Steve. I'll look in to it.

5. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

athletic tape.. hockey's big in canada.. so i just use hockey stick tape.. much easier, but sticks like insane.. you may find that in uk?

6. renesh

renesh New Member