Greetings BCF

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by gkimann, Dec 30, 2008.

1. gkimann

gkimann Regular Member

Hi, I'm Dickson, not so new to the BCF or badminton. Started playing badminton seriously in secondary school days (school team) and had my fair share of training and tournaments then. Then it is leisure badminton for me. Had been playing badminton on and off since my busy work schedule and personal life. Just took up badminton 3 months ago who asked me to join him and still playing since...

I'm more of a offensive and control player. Since I no longer had my fitness in my younger days, now 33, had to switch from defensive to offensive. Also started to "think and hit". Before I just hit or based on experience, hit. That is the main reason my game never got better then.

It is only now then I realize that there are so many things that I do not know about badminton until I look through some of the instructional videos that I managed to get hold of. Badminton is really a all-rounder sports that requires clear thinking, which now then I realize. So to me, it seem that I just started to get to know an old friend better... Internet really makes learning a whole lot easier. :cool:

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, gkimann (Dickson)!:)..Yup, you're absolutely correct about the power of internet. And yeah, i think all sports require some sort of clear thinking to achieve anything, not just in badminton.
    Anyway, good to know you're enjoying badminton, again; enjoy & continue having fun in this forum!;):cool:

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello dickson!
    welcome to the forum!
    hope u have fun here!!

p/s HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!:):):)

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    We've just moved into 2009 in Singapore.
    Happy New Year :)

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Happy new year and Welcome to BCF, Dickson.