Arcsaber 7 - Good for offensive doubles/mixed?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xVisualize, Dec 31, 2008.

1. xVisualize

xVisualize Regular Member

Student
    I have read a couple reviews about the Arc 7, and also searched but found nothing on this >_<
    I like to play doubles somewhat offensively. I also really like playing mixed (of course being the guy, playing the back I get a lot of opportunities to do a hard drive or smash).
    I am currently using a MP 99 with NBG 98 @ 25lbs, but I swing slow and snap my wrist hard for clears, and swing moderately fast for smashes. I don't have enough arm power to do very fast swings and keep the speed consistent, so I guess I am looking for a more flexible racquet.

A couple of questions:
    Is the Arc 7 primarily a racquet best suited for doubles or singles?
    Is it lighter than the MP 99?

I plan to test the MP 100 as well for singles, but I heard that it's very demanding O_O -scared- Anyways, the Arc 7 looked cool and I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I'd really like to hear some more from people here. =D

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The price for all the Arc saber racquets are almost the same with the Arc10 being slightly more expensive. If you are a offensive doubles player, you should consider the Arc10 instead of the Arc7, even the Arc9 has more power than the Arc7.

Are you able to find MP100 ? It is a beast in 2U but not easy to use as the sweetspot is small.

You can consider non Yonex brands like SOTX or Victor, they also have some nice racquets for your style of play.

3. trickyx2

trickyx2 Regular Member

Badminton Player/Golf
    to me the Arc 7 is a lot less demanding version of the Arc 10. They're both all around rackets. But the Arc 7 is not the best smashing racket you get. On the other hand it is more flexible. It may be good for you.

4. trickyx2

trickyx2 Regular Member

Badminton Player/Golf
    sorry for not answering your Q's. Um its definitely lighter than the MP99, in a different way... cause its more even balance then anything. It's a doubles racket... Well atleast Hendra Setiawan thinks so.

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The ArcSaber 7 is a true all-purpose racquet :)
    Almost any player can mould himself to its capabilities.

6. xVisualize

Student
    Thanks for the replies =)

I like the MP 99 at times, it doesn't feel very forgiving though. It also feels kinda dead.. I can't really feel some of my shots. It's like a board.

I think the Arc 7 looks pretty cool XD -offtopic ish-

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I use Arc7, and like it a lot! :D It's pretty much my main racket. Arc10 which I also have is my secondary in an event my string breaks on the Arc7.

The Arc7 does appear to be stiffer than the Arc10 if you just flex the shafts of them.

8. Moncky23

Moncky23 Regular Member

Badminton!
    I had a chance to demo both of them. Personally I liked the Arc7 better then the Arc10, I could generate more power with the 7 and I had a little bit more control, but that's just me and I only used both for about 1 hour or so =.=

9. Monster

Monster Regular Member

I have both Arc7 and 10. I don't feel the difference. The Arc10 is B$10 more expensive (USD 7) than the Arc7.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    There is a difference between the two rackets. If you swing fast enough on the Arc10, it does have more power than the Arc7. With the Arc7, you can do quick shots this one.

11. Monster

Monster Regular Member

Probably subtle. Or my level of play doesn't allow me to feel such subtlety.

I didn't feel it was noticeable.

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Actually it is noticable, not subtle because there is plent of others which can also say the same.

13. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Of the 3 Arc Saber, you can generate the most power from the Arc10, followed by Arc9 then the Arc7. Arc7 however is the best for defence.

14. xVisualize

Student
    Ahhhhh, that sucks =( I don't particularly like playing with a pink racquet >_< I'm probably going to buy a second hand Arc 7 to try it out first. Or I could always switch to an more defensive player.. xD

15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Why don't you consider the Arc10 ? It is only slightly more expensive.

16. xVisualize

Student
    I'm currently 14 years old grade 10 playing for the schools team B >_<;; I don't think I can handle Arc 10 yet, but I can't wait until I get the chance to try it. I heard it's a very demanding racquet, I don't think I meet the standards yet @_@

-offtopic ish- my friend keeps saying the Arc 10 looks like ketchup.. lol xD

17. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Hmmm.. this ketchup kills....... :D

very demanding ........ i agree that ........ due to it even balance design.

18. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    You should also consider NS9000S or ti7 light.

19. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i love my arc7, and i specialize in doubles and mixed doubles...i find that the arc7 definately fits the description of what you're looking for...myself, i use a lot of snaps and quick racket shots, and the power i can generate from the arc7 is definately pretty good...it's also light which is useful in doubles for defence and doesn't tire you out too much...i find it's really good as a transition racket in mixed doubles, where you need a quick snap shot from defence to offence...however, i do agree with posts that the arc9 does generate more power than the 7...i'm waiting for my 3U arc10 to see any difference, but my 2U arc10 was definately hard to use for doubles...i find that the 2U was way too heavy for defence, and unmanueverable for singles...however, the 3U arc9 is much better than the arc7 for mixed doubles, because it has the same lightness for defence, but more stiffness for the attacking aspect of mixed...it does feel weird to use a pink racket as a guy, but don't worry bro, it's hot ;)...girls dig it xD...and the arc9 was definately more useful in singles than the 7... i would rate it from 1(best) to 3 (worst) between the arcs for singles, doubles or mixed =\

singles = arc7 (3), arc9 (2), arc10 (1)
    doubles = arc7 (1), arc9 (2), arc10 (3)
    mixed = arc7(2), arc9 (1), arc10 (3)

by the way, the MP99 + MP100 are the ketchup and mustard rackets ;)

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The thing about the Arc9 because of it's flexability, it does tend to spary wide on certain shots that you would have to re-adapt compared to using Arc7 and Arc10.