User Tag List

Thomas

Default How did your racket crack?

There seems to be so many players have cracked rackets. I would like to gather a general information to find out what racket(s) do you use and how did it crack? i.e. during smashing, double clash, crack by it self, during stringing, etc...and which part of the the shaft, frame? Please be specific.

Canyt

Default RE: How did your racket crack?

This is very crucial!! Anyways...I was using my beloved iso 800...and was practicing at a school practice... a metal bar hangs on the wall parallel to the ground for students to do their arm hang and stuff. Anyways...I was playing on that court and my partner lob a far back corner shot...I ran too far back and my racquet clashed with the bar and it cracked at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock... I was planning to do a clear at that time...so the power wasn't that big. One of my teammate had a similar experience with that metal bar again... but she broke her iso 800 at 2 o'clock...looked like a C with the opening at 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cracked my Carbonex 20 and 25 at the side of the racket head (about 2 o'clock) during doubles games (clash of rackets).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um, i cracked my raquet from playing doubles.....heres the story:
    My friend(Henry), was playing on my team, and we were playing a "front/back" formation. He was front, I was back. He served and we got ready for the return. When the Shuttle came towards us, Henry ducked(meaning that I hit it since i am playing back court), so i smashed the shuttle, and while following through with my smash, i hit Henry accidentally on the shoulder. So i cracked my raquet face in half.
    it was a BK Ti series....i find that bk stinks

Henry

My first racket I cracked was some sort of Black Knight racket that had a head shaped like a square, anyways that just cracked due to me hitting the floor. Then I had a Isometric 100 Long, and that cracked at teh 2 o'clock and 9 o'clock position just by hitting a clear or smash, I forget....but it was strung at 25lbs and that was a cheapy racket, so it just caved in. The Cab 9 Tour I had cracked cuz I hit the ground with it, the floor was slippery, the gym's vent had did something weird and had scattered dust onto the court, so I slipped and my racket hit the floor. It did take a few hits before cracking in though. Oh by the way, I am not that Henry mentioned in that post above Shaun wrote:
    >
    > um, i cracked my raquet from playing doubles.....heres
    > the story:
    > My friend(Henry), was playing on my team, and we were playing
    > a "front/back" formation. He was front, I was back. He
    > served and we got ready for the return. When the Shuttle
    > came towards us, Henry ducked(meaning that I hit it since i
    > am playing back court), so i smashed the shuttle, and while
    > following through with my smash, i hit Henry accidentally on
    > the shoulder. So i cracked my raquet face in half.
    > it was a BK Ti series....i find that bk stinks