Wilson, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Moncky23, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Moncky23

Moncky23 Regular Member

Badminton!
    Well, my friend is looking at a new Wilson [K] factor racket and he is asking me for advice as to weather he should buy it or not. I have had no experience what so ever with wilson, there rackets or there prices so would someone like to give me a little bit to tell him?

He is an average intermediate player, his wrist speed is average, hes more of an aggressive player then defensive and that about all I can tell you that I know of off hand.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

NO WILSON RACQUETS period. Even though some models might be good and light, but the durability is CRAP!

yonex+victor+rsl ftw

3. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

shot3gun....i know because of some clash so make ur partner's nCode broke...but this is not the point to saying that WILSON raquets was suck....don forgot that it's crash by ur CAB racket.....try take a CAB crash with ArcSaber10 the most expensive racket in the yonex...see what is the final result =)....please don't always use cab to compared with other racket since cab is the most duration among the yonex's racket....

4. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    But can say wilson fragile. The N code series.... Mine Break by flexing it only....
    T_T

5. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

lol....u bought it from 70% discount...maybe those racket is rejected from the factory...or maybe that is not the real racket since some already state that there was Fake wilson avaiable at this market....and maybe that the reason that the seller didn't give u any warranty for the racket and buy in good condition and can't be exchanged =)

70% is a dam cheap deal =)...impossible ppl selling at that lowest price?? even my fren's also can't get such cheap price direct from wilson supplier

6. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer
    I've got a Wilson N3, and it gives me great pleasure when I use it to good effect against my club players wielding high end Yonex rackets, especially when they paid about 3 times more on what I paid for the Wilson.

For some odd reason I play better with N3 than AT900P. I find that (of course it's subjective) that the N3 does more things better than the AT900 except in power.

Moncky23, my coach who tries all brands of rackets said, K-tour & K-Blaze good, but that's his word, not mine.

Terraglow, which Ncode did u flex until it broke? N6/7?

BTW I got the N3 from US, for 55US, selling in UK for around 60-80 pounds. So basically I paid around 30 pounds for it. Wohoo! Ok, I'll stop now.

#6 TechKXL, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  7. dubber

dubber Regular Member

Electrician
    Had an used my N3 for 2 years now, no cracks or even paintchips the only thing is some reddish paint on the frame due to the shuttlecork being red from my frinend string color but you cant really blame the rakcet for that ^^.

8. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Just because your armour plated Carbonex broke one doesn't mean the durability is rubbish. My Arc10 or Karakal MTec 70 would have died in the same clash so, as chongkiatz says, please don't so all Wilsons are rubbish due to one clash with a very old, very strong and very heavy racket.

9. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I've read good things about the new k-tour, comparable to high end Yonex rackets even. Even so, unless there's a good deal on the k-tours around my area, I'm gonna stick with the armortec series. I don't know about the shaft, but if its frame can withstand upwards of 30lbs of tension, it should be slightly less druable than Armortecs (in terms of frame durability not shaft). I'd definitely go for one if it was priced right.

10. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Please don't make comment like this without personal experience! this is misleading for other people looking for advise.

I have 2 Wilson KTour, and one clashed with 3 Yonex rackets (NS 7x and 8x). in all cases, Yonex rackets broke or showed substantial damage, while my KTour showed minor paint scratch on the frame.

However, I do admit that the Wilson nCode series might not be durable. I had a nCode 1, which broke after a few months normal play, and no clash.

11. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Its an N7 racket

12. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer
    N7 is a 'super flex' shaft right? My opinion only, but maybe these extra flexy shaft are not as durable as the stiffer (higher number NCode) rackets? I don't know, but so far I"m happy with my N3.

13. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer
    (oops, how do u quote parts from others eg. from dunmaster)
    I have 2 Wilson KTour, and one clashed with 3 Yonex rackets (NS 7x and 8x). in all cases, Yonex rackets broke or showed substantial damage, while my KTour showed minor paint scratch on the frame.

Aha, I've always wondered why my Wilson racket collection (V4, N3, V12) had minor or no damage compared my friends' yonex counterparts, they seem to have large chunks of paint missing from places of the racket head, one even had a chunk missing from the shaft (wonder what happened there?).

#13 TechKXL, Jan 1, 2009
  14. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Once you logged in, press "quote" under the message that you want to quot. then, type underneath.

great to know that I am not the only one with good experience of Wilson racktes.

certain Yonex models are horrible in durability. AT800DE is one of them, which I had before and lasted only one clash against another Yonex NS8K. since my KTour killed the Yonex NS8K easily, that tells me a lot.

15. monsky

monsky Regular Member

engineer
    I tried using the first nano technology badminton racket by WILSON the N-Code model that is all white with silver lettering. Not so good, too heavy, lack of power and control and it broke easily plus the fact that the frame design is not so aero dynamic. I never used Wilson again sorry.

16. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

those old nCode models are horrible in durability. don't know about their new nCode line.

17. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer

#17 TechKXL, Jan 1, 2009
  18. monsky

monsky Regular Member

engineer

19. meteoflare

meteoflare Regular Member

String breaker
    I used several medium range wilson rackets a few years ago. I forgot the model but they were all extremely head heavy and very flexible. Overall it was distracting playing with it because of the flexibility. Might be good for plastic...

Are the new high end wilsons very different in 'feel?'