post and net

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by mbw0300, Dec 31, 2008.

1. mbw0300

mbw0300 New Member

contractor
    I am a contractor that has built a new community center. I have never played or seen badminton played. In the basket ball court we have lined the court for basket ball volleyball and badminton.

I need to drill holes in the wood floor to place the sleeves in the floor to support the net up rights.How important is the placement of the post that holds the net? It appears that the post should be 22 feet from center to center. However my placement cannot fit that dimension with the other sport lines on the floor.

Anyone with advice?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Please let me thank you for being so very conscientious.:)

Why cannot the sleeve, with a cover, go just about anywhere on the multi-use court? That is how it is here in Canada where gyms are used for volleyball, basketball, badminton, floor hockey, indoor soccer, etc. No one complains about small interruptions in the lines.

Another alternative is to skip the sleeve and go with mobile weighted poles. But unless there is plenty of room between the courts, it might be tight for space. And those things are awkward.

Here is a resource on building badminton facilities...most of it would be for a project starting from the planning process, but some of it might be useful. There is reference to resources and contacts on the last page.
    http://www.sportengland.org/se_facilities_badminton-4.pdf

Hopefully you will get even better answers from the braintrust here.
    Let us know how the place turns out.......Cheers.

#2 Fidget, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi there..welcome to the forum and have fun here!:)

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, mbw0300!:)..Wow, that's a pretty challenging question to ask & give an answer to. For one, Fidget's suggestion is on the right track. As for my own experience, yes, i've encountered places where badminton courts share or should i say overlap the other sports' lines. As far as i can remember, the badminton courts' lines don't align or "fit" within the other sports' lines. Hence, there will be many lines overlapping each other (i remember a pic, in BC, of this particular scenario; let me find that & post it here).
    Anyway, hope you'll find a work around & in the meantime hope you'll make yourself at home in BC!;):cool: