01-01-2009, 08:08 PM #1
CCC Chinese New Year 2009 (The Year of the Ox) Celebration
CCC Chinese New Year 2009 (The Year of the Ox) Celebration
hkhung posted this:
To remember what we did last year 2008: click here
By the way, this year kong-19 from Brisbane emailed me that he will be attending.
Suggestions for when we shall do it is now open.
01-01-2009, 09:08 PM #2
regarding to the date, i think there's 2 options
a) before the chinese new year - which does not gives us enough time to organise
b) after the chinese new year - which means there's more of a chance we could involve members as they should be back for holiday (unless they are away for the chinese new year holiday - then again, we can't please everyone)
it should be fun as we haven't met up since ..... uh CNY 2008.
hope you all talk about it at supper time. any suggestion is welcome.
01-01-2009, 10:02 PM #3
We are to do this year 2009 CNY Celebration simpler
Agree ... Most of our players, who are still in Melbourne, would be celebrating with their families on CNY Day 26-Jan-2009.
So it is best not to hold it on this day.
The question is whether we should wait for them to return. If we do, then we would have to wait until March, when Universities recommence
Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-01-2009 at 10:16 PM.
01-02-2009, 07:47 PM #4
'CCC-JT Ultra-Melbourne University Badminton-Tellstars' Combined 2009 CNY Celebration
hkhung ... OK, I did more than that. I made a short announcement to all players attending last night, Friday 2-Jan-2009, at our CCC at Waverley.
Some news (during/after our Friday session):
(1) 2 more CCC players said they will be returning home to Malaysia for their 2009 CNY, one on the 16th, the other on 17th of January. Our CCC players are getting fewer and fewer as we are approaching the CNY.
(2) Quite a few players from JT Ultra, including Jacky Chen, came to play with us last night. I said to Jacky that perhaps players from JT Ultra would like to come along to the celebrate the 2009 CNY with CCC (as you know, Jacky came for our 2007 CNY Celebration).
(3) And since Jacky is also active with the University of Melbourne Badminton Club and Tellstars Badminton, I told him why not we have a 'CCC-JT Ultra-Melbourne University Badminton-Tellstars' Combined 2009 CNY Celebration. Jacky will now check if this can be organised.
I told Jacky that because many of our CCC players are away, perhaps we should leave the date selection to players of the other 3 clubs.
So this is our latest development.
01-03-2009, 03:10 PM #5
01-05-2009, 07:56 AM #6
CCC Chinese New Year 2009: The more, the merrier
hkhung ... That's great. The more, the merrier.
I was hoping to have a break from organising things... but it looks like you have pulled me back into it.
Some info here:
(1) I went to Happy Palace wanting to check what day/tables are available for us. I found that Happy Palace is taking a break for the Holiday Season. A sign on the door says that they are closed from 24-Dec-2008 to 11-Jan-2009. I will need to check with them on Monday 12-Jan-2009.
(2) Jacky Chen said that many of JT Ultra Badminton players are also away on holidays. He said for me to decide on the date for our CNY Celebration. After that, he will inform us on how many from JT Ultra would be coming.
(3) I will get in touch with Doncaster Templestowe Badminton to see how many from there will be coming.
(4) I will also extend our invitations to Albert Park Badminton and Wesley Badminton.
This will keep me very busy.
01-05-2009, 02:48 PM #7
01-05-2009, 04:49 PM #8
We need to check with Happy Palace on Monday 12-Jan-2009
We need to check with Happy Palace on Monday 12-Jan-2009.
01-08-2009, 09:26 PM #9
Where is this happy palace and how much per person?
01-08-2009, 10:06 PM #10
01-09-2009, 09:10 PM #11
01-09-2009, 09:17 PM #12
01-13-2009, 05:28 AM #13
We hope to get 100+ persons attending to make it a BIG PARTY
This has been sent out to various Badminton clubs in Melbourne.
2009 Chinese New Year
Badminton players, together with families and friends, are invited to welcome in the Chinese New Year 2009, the Year of the Ox, with a Celebration Party.
Where: .. Happy Palace Restaurant, Cnr of Bourke & Exhibition Streets, MelbourneWhen: ... Saturday 24-Jan-2009, 7:30pm onwards
Happy Palace is a big Chinese Restaurant, with:Dancing and KaraokeBYO(wine)/Fully Licenced
We hope to get 100+ persons attending to make it a BIG PARTY.For food, please order for yourself, or order to share with others at your table.
RSVP: Please inform your Club Captain by Wednesday 21-Jan-2009 if you can join us..
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM #14
2009 Chinese New Year Party
As replies are coming in, I shall inform the numbers to Happy Palace and post them here.
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM #15
2009 Chinese New Year Party: Reply 1
A reply from the president of the St James Badminton Club:
Thank you so much for your inviting me to join you for your New Year Celebrations. Unfortunately for me I shall be on holidays and out of the country. All the very best for 2009.
Let's hope that other club members are still in Melbourne.
01-17-2009, 02:30 AM #16
2009 Chinese New Year Badminton Party
Answers to some questions asked:
(1) How much does it cost to attend?
Answer: FREE. The restaurant provides the dancing & karaoke for free. You only pay for what you order for your dinner.
(2) Can I come later because I have another dinner elsewhere?
Answer: YES. Our party will go on to midnight. If you have already eaten, just come to dance and to sing with us (for free).
01-17-2009, 10:23 PM #17
I got things wrong again. DTBA has their 1st day of play on 19/1.
I doubt that i will be able to invite any of them to CNY
By george@chongwei in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 67: 01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton ClubReplies: 78: 02-13-2008, 06:04 AM
By chris-ccc in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 22: 01-15-2008, 01:56 AM
By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton ClubReplies: 17: 02-18-2007, 05:56 AM
By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton ClubReplies: 13: 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM