User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 20
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Training rackets

    Hi guys. I'm not sure whether this should be in the market place or here.

    Can somebody please recommend me a training racket and where to buy one please? I've looked at Strength pro but their site hasn't been updated for a while and is generally terrible. I can't find anywhere else to buy one either. The heavier the racket the better really (as long as it isn't a tennis racket or something . 150G + would be good though.) and a low price would be great.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,UK
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I could lead it up. It's what I normally do

    The only thing is, G2 would be huge in my hands and it doesn't come in any other sizes.

    Thanks anyway, I'll consider it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Hi guys. I'm not sure whether this should be in the market place or here.

    Can somebody please recommend me a training racket and where to buy one please? I've looked at Strength pro but their site hasn't been updated for a while and is generally terrible. I can't find anywhere else to buy one either. The heavier the racket the better really (as long as it isn't a tennis racket or something . 150G + would be good though.) and a low price would be great.

    Thanks in advance
    I use Kason training rackets.. very good. I have two versions 130g (orange)and 150g (blue) ...

    I can get you one here but I guess the price would not be extremely cheap (about £60 for the 150g), so maybe you can cheaper one in UK?

    Cheers,
    Twobeer
    Last edited by twobeer; 01-02-2009 at 03:14 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sverige
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I use Kason training rackets.. very good. I have two versions 130g (orange)and 150g (blue) ...

    I can get you one here but I guess the price would not be extremely cheap (about £60 for the 150g), so maybe you can cheaper one in UK?

    Cheers,
    Twobeer

    twobeer where do you get them?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,UK
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    pure graphite:

    TRAINING SERIES
    TS-150

    Frame
    100% Graphite


    Shaft
    100% Graphite


    WEIGHT
    150+/-2 g

    BALANCE POINT
    280-285 mm

    LENGTH
    675mm

    FLEX
    Flexible
    MAX TENSION
    24 lbs

    CHARACTERISTICThis specially designed rackets are excellent training equipments for trainers and serious players. It gives you a realistic feel when doing power practicing. Excellent court side warm up equipments before tournament. Racket weight is 150 gram. Found this by searching

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,UK
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also if you go to pundstretcher etc they should have some crap badminton sets cheap. These rackets are generally quite heavy and some lead tape will also help

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally use an old steel Wal-Mart racket for training along with an old Wilson Attacker.... They work alright although there no expensive and real training rackets....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkwingduck View Post
    twobeer where do you get them?
    I bought mine directly from Zhang Yi (former national team player in China, who plays/coaches in Täby (a stockholm club)) a long tiem ago when he brought in Kason to Sweden. One webshop in sweden I know that sells it is www.racket.se

    cheers,
    Twobeer

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ? ?The Moon? ?
    Posts
    1,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I rerember seeing Victor selling a training racket for only £30 - but i can't find it on there website. You could try searching for it in google. I'll give it a go , and try finding it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA USA
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are many training rackets available now: Kumpoo (130g, 150g and 170g, I have 170g one), MMOA (150g), Forza (110g), Yangyang (150g), ...
    I am not sure whether you can buy these rackets at you place or not, but you can check it out by visiting these brands websites.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mollaio View Post
    There are many training rackets available now: Kumpoo (130g, 150g and 170g, I have 170g one), MMOA (150g), Forza (110g), Yangyang (150g), ...
    I am not sure whether you can buy these rackets at you place or not, but you can check it out by visiting these brands websites.
    I went on the Kumpoo website and the 170g model looks ideal. However, the RRP is about £75 which is rather a lot for a racket that's not going to be used a great deal. The Forza training racket isn't much heavier than a Yonex B 600 DF. I found it for £48.93 which is still a lot and would only weight about the same as a Yonex basic series racket.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sverige
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I bought mine directly from Zhang Yi (former national team player in China, who plays/coaches in Täby (a stockholm club)) a long tiem ago when he brought in Kason to Sweden. One webshop in sweden I know that sells it is www.racket.se

    cheers,
    Twobeer

    oh ok.

    A little expensive.
    Zhang Yi and his crew beat our Aura recently.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,UK
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.bbeshop.com/en/racket_kimoni.htm the kimoni training racket is there. Only 20£ not sure on shipping costs

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingbadabada View Post
    http://www.bbeshop.com/en/racket_kimoni.htm the kimoni training racket is there. Only 20£ not sure on shipping costs
    Looks great. However, didn't Kimoni that had problems with warping? Even if it does, for £20, it can't be that bad.

    Thanks; I'll check the link out later when my internet connection gets a bit better. Right now, badmintoncentral is about the only webpage that loads. At least it's a good one.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got a 140G training racket.Well,use it while warm up n stuff,but not so used to it yet..

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingbadabada View Post
    http://www.bbeshop.com/en/racket_kimoni.htm the kimoni training racket is there. Only 20£ not sure on shipping costs
    You weren't strictly honest about the price were you? Due to the pound being very weak at the moment, the racket is about £27. Still a good price though. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kimoni Training rackets
    By TheAsianGuy in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 07-13-2008, 07:44 PM
  2. Training Rackets
    By enthusiast in forum Market Place
    Replies: 20
    : 05-16-2008, 02:59 AM
  3. Training Rackets
    By robc06 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 18
    : 02-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  4. Training rackets
    By Dream Hai in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 8
    : 04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
  5. Training Rackets.
    By cmsiow in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 6
    : 11-06-2006, 07:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •