Question on Victor Arterytec Ti-99

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bobbinbette, Jan 2, 2009.

1. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

Hi, i've been playing badminton for several years now and have found myself going for more head heavy rackets. I used to like more even balance rackets but i've been modifying them to make them more head heavy. I currently use an arterytec ti-98 that has the original grip removed and replaced by 2 yonex supergraps. that bumped up the balance point from 285mm to 300mm and i find that the feel is amazing and the power is decent. but recently i've been craving more power and since the victor rackets are most accessible to me, i was wondering if the arterytec ti-99 would be a step up in power compared to the ti-98. also since it's the same series of rackets the feel should be similar to my ti-98 right?
    The only differnece that i saw online was that the ti-98 had a medium stiff shaft whereas the ti-99 had a stiff shaft, the balance point was very similar. I'm not very suitable to SUPER ULTRA stiff shafts like the NS8000 or NS9kx.

I exclusively play doubles and i prefer playing in the back, delivering smashes and drops. i rarley play front and am a very aggressive player.
    so far the ti-98 was good for me but like i said i'm craving more power. Would the arterytec ti-99 be suitable?

thanks guys in advance =]

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Regular Member

Student
    A couple of my high school teammates are currently using the racket and are quite pleased with it. If the balance points are similar and the only difference is the stiffness then it should be a step up, assuming your able to handle a stiffer shaft. If your interested in buying one there is a shop on Saratoga-Sunnyvale road that has them, since you are located in San Jose. The shop is called Racket Supply and I take all my badminton needs there.

Hope it helped, I'm very very far from an expert

3. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    Ti99 has a balance point of 5mm more, mine was originally 292mm. but 99 delivers more power, should you be able to handle the stiff racket. but if you want all out power, get the Power Waves series.

4. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

thanks guys. yea i know of rackets supply, i go there to get my rackets. great, i'll try the ti-99 then. i just played today with my ti-98 and it felt....whippy...a bit too soft. so i think the ti-99 will be good for me. Thanks for all your help =]

and no, i tried the power waves series....the PW11 was too stiff for me