Broke a fake ti10

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by HKFreak, Jul 29, 2002.

1. HKFreak

HKFreak Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys,
    Yesterday I strung my friend's fake Ti10 at 22/23 he bought in China, the frame broke at the about 1/4 from the t joint at left hand side when I was finishing half way of the cross strings. I felt very bad because it's not my racquet. Anybody have similar experience when stringing fake racquet?
    I believe it's not my fault. It's due to the racquet quality because the shape of the racquet was very fine( a little bit rounder which is normal)after I finished the Main. When I stringing the cross. The racquet start narrowing from top. I use 6 point mounting stringer. I have strung all my racquet above 24 pounds with my stringer nothing happen except when I first time string with my machine. The racquet out of shape, I loose the mounting point try to restring it then break my racquet since the support is gone.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Ohh dont worry ab that. It is not ur fault. I have seen it happen so many times B4. I knwo that it is very Important to concentrate when u string but then what can u do if it is a Freak mistake or a racket.

Human errors are bound to happen and I guess u learnt soemthing from that.

So just get ur self a beer and have fun pal.

3. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I have bought a fake Iso 800 before (cost is only RMB200 with string), the head is much lighter than the real one (should be fewer layers of graphite and weaker). If it can support high tension, then I think the price of the fake racket must be higher (support high tension with an extremely light head, great technology).:D I think 20lbs would be it's maxium tension.

It is not your fault. If I were you, I would only upset for wasted a set of strings.

4. HKFreak

HKFreak Regular Member

Student
    Thanks you guys,
    I feel a lot better. Only reason make me upset is this is my very good friend's racquet mainly used by his wife. Who know how she feels? thanks again

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    fake racquets

you have to take a look at each racquet prior to setting onto the machine for such things - fake, hairline cracks, broken grommets. the problem with fakes tho' is that there are some fakes out there that will more than easily accept 24 pounds and higher, so sometimes it is not too easy to determine if it will crack. by the time you string the mains, you will usually have a pretty good idea what the ability of the racquet will be to bear the load. if there is already high distortion, the racquet will like not hold the shape under pressure.

unfortunately by the time you get to this position, you have already commited half the pack of string, and cutting it is a difficulte and costly option, but sometimes cheaper option than a snapped racquet.

6. MING

MING Regular Member

restaurant owner
    fake or not fake you can try to refix it with glue epoxy and fiber glass you can
    buy in the shop for small plane or train,but for balance you need to make the same
    each side, from th T join,MING

7. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Can U explain more details? If possibile, steps by steps. I have another boron 2 is needed for repairing. Thanks!!

8. MING

MING Regular Member

restaurant owner
    you can give me your phone number in HK,I promise to call you.(lamcm@club-internet.fr) first it is possible to repaire when you broke one part ,
    first you clean the part you want and the opposite side,
    prepare the glue epoxy L(mixed résine epoxy L 10 and durcisseur 4 for the proportion),then you cut some pieces of fiber glass 1cmx10cm,
    put little glue where you want to repaire then wrap with fiber glass,then add
    some glue not too much,the part you refixe put more,
    and for the opposite side put just little,to make equal stiff.
    I did repaire one MPIOO CP and noe TI 10 sp,when it is repaired that make then a little more stiff,if one day I come to HKg I could repaired for you ,MING

9. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I assume you take out the grommets first? And then, afterwards you drill new holes?

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Mag

Yes, that is correct. I had some (3) aerotus repaired by a local pro here. Turns out to be great as aerotus was too light headed before but is now slightly head heavy:)

11. MING

MING Regular Member

restaurant owner
    yes you take aways the two grommet before and two after the broken place,then
    use a good knife cut the painting a little or use the paper with some glass inside,
    make the part not too shine or brilliant,the glue stick better.
    when you use to do it the work look like better!
    at the grommet place you can put some screw to maintain the hole but only after
    gluing and putting the fiber glass!
    MING