Badminton Canada & the NSBA refuse to put a forum boards on their sites

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wedgewenis, Jul 29, 2002.

1. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

are these people just stupid

or am i ?

i've been asking the webmaster of the NSBA (nova scotia badminton association) for almost a year to get a forumboard for his site ... and i've asked the webmaster of www.badminton.ca to get forum boards for their website

my personal interst in the NSBA website.. is that i think it would be a good idea for there to be a place on the internet for people of this province to talk about badminton issues, the nsba, and have a place to organize get-togethers for play or practice... the webmaster is not interested..

as far as Badminton Canada.. i can't understand why the dont already have a forum board....i mean its the official site of badminton in Canda.. and they dont even have a board where visitors can speak..

both webmasters said over e-mail that it would be a good idea but neither is willing to try to get one up.. or even to see what is involved in putting one up.
    there are probly tons of other Canadian sites that dont have forums but they should too.

the internet is a great media for bringing people of like minds together and this site is a great example.. but these guys just dont get that

am i right?

#1 wedgewenis, Jul 29, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2002
  2. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    But the badminton Canada homepage has a Guestbook. A lot of readers use that as a forum.

3. wedgewenis

i know lol

isn't it sad?

there retarded too for not requesting a better place to talk :0

i raelly like posting on this forum becuase it looks so nice and organized .. easy to read, lots of nice people talking here

and look at what they've got!

i imagine many more poeple would post their if they had a *real* forum

in the struggle to popularize badminton in this country....
    lets start w/the little things ?

4. Cruxradio

Cruxradio Regular Member

Guess they never recovered from jet-lag
    The webmaster of badminton.ca plays at my club, I'll ask him if he'll put one up..
    Even help him if he needs it. I've got a forum on my site www.badmintonottawa.com

Ciao,
    Crux

5. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Wow!...
    I must say that that is a very nice looking badminton site Cruxradio. Maybe even better than Badmintoncentral.com..... :cool:
    Sorry kwun.:p

6. wedgewenis

The webmaster of badminton.ca plays at my club, I'll ask him if he'll put one up..
    Even help him if he needs it. I've got a forum on my site www.badmintonottawa.com

Ciao,
    Crux

wow Ciao, i'm putting you on my cool people list for 2002 lol

your site is nice btw, i dont like it better than badcentral tho ;0

if you speak to him tell him Wedge from NovaScotia says HI !

thanks

7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Badminton Canada's Guestbook

The Guestbook facility on Badminton Canada's site will be taken off (I was told) because of the various folks who basically abused the facility. Too many name calling and rude remarks. Similar to the World Badminton board.

A forum is nice as you will have to register but yeah, you can get the jerks abusing it (but the moderators did a nice job of removing them posts). It's a matter of time and effort as I am sure that Kwun can attest to and we are lucky to have him, Cheung & Mag moderating for us. ** getting my brownie points here ** :D

It's something for Badminton Canada to consider.