User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Testing racket stiffness without destroying the racket

(Ok people, my first post, so feel free to be brutal or redirect me to somewhere where i can get help if this is already somewhere)

So, I have a Nanospeed 9000X. However, it's fake. So, I don't have an effective way to measure the relative stiffness of the racket shaft (because I can't trust the advertised "extra stiff"). If you could help me out by either giving me a simple way to do this without killing my racket (it's the only racket I have that's actually good) or give me a link to another thread that has information on how to do this, that would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in Advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to bend it n compare the stiffness to the other racket..no,it won't destroy the racket,unless if it's a defect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TNBRE View Post
    (Ok people, my first post, so feel free to be brutal or redirect me to somewhere where i can get help if this is already somewhere)

So, I have a Nanospeed 9000X. However, it's fake. So, I don't have an effective way to measure the relative stiffness of the racket shaft (because I can't trust the advertised "extra stiff"). If you could help me out by either giving me a simple way to do this without killing my racket (it's the only racket I have that's actually good) or give me a link to another thread that has information on how to do this, that would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in Advance
    secure the frame and tie a 1lb weight to the end of shaft...then measure the amount of bend....do this for both rackets to give you the relative stiffness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just bend it a bit? Don't bend so much til it'll snap though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TNBRE View Post

Thanks in Advance
    relative to what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default yonex badminton racket paint

hi
    i just want to ask if the paint of my racket can still be restore.... i'm asking it because i accidentally hit other racket... the result of that was some part of my racket are removed..
    thanks..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    relative to what?
    Racket shaft flex is measured in amount of bend from level with the weight tied to the grip...8.0 is stiff and 9.5 is max flex....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

In my opinion, bending the racket is not a good idea. There is some racket which has flexible shaft, but it's stiff ... There's someone in this forum suggesting a unique way to measure this stiffness. This is the address. The main concept of stiff is "recovery" time from hit. So I believe this test is more reliable.

StiffTesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post
    In my opinion, bending the racket is not a good idea. There is some racket which has flexible shaft, but it's stiff ... There's someone in this forum suggesting a unique way to measure this stiffness. This is the address. The main concept of stiff is "recovery" time from hit. So I believe this test is more reliable.

StiffTesting
    All rackets are measured by the scale of 8.0--9.5 Racket stiffness has nothing to do with recovery time from hit....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

We start from the principle that when a shaft is bent and then released, the stiffer the shaft, the faster it unbends (or straightens or unload...)

This is my term of hit recovery time xD... My bad... sorry for the bad choice of words lol.... <--- Indonesian xD...

This is quoted from Loopy's explanation in
    Staff Stiffness / Flexibility Explained
    Last edited by K4mu1; 01-09-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: wrong name :p kwun instead of Loopy xD... Sorry for Loopy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post
    We start from the principle that when a shaft is bent and then released, the stiffer the shaft, the faster it unbends (or straightens or unload...)

This is my term of hit recovery time xD... My bad... sorry for the bad choice of words lol.... <--- Indonesian xD...

This is quoted from Loopy's explanation in
    Staff Stiffness / Flexibility Explained
    That post only is explaining what happens in the shaft during swinging, hitting etc...and is not how shaft stiffness is measured...