Need a coach for my High School, Great Pay/Benefits.

Discussion in 'USA West' started by NaVdEep, Jan 7, 2009.

1. NaVdEep

NaVdEep Regular Member

Business Owner
    I belong to a high school named XXX High School(won't mention the name here) and I am
    currently in need of a favor from all of you. Our school, located in
    Morgan Hill, CA, needs a Badminton coach for the 2009 season starting
    from March through May. I am a Badminton enthusiast and was the top
    seed for mens singles last year in my high school team. I cannot see
    my team losing the opportunity to participate in the season because of
    just a tiny reason that we lack a COACH. I am quite familiar with Badminton central and know that you guys will definitely help.

I whole-heartedly urge and request all of Badminton Central members to see if any one of them would like to coach our high school while receiving great pay and benefits, or know somebody who might be interested. Please help us out in this matter as soon as possible. The job post is currently open and the hired coach will get very nice salary and privileges. We have very good players but we just lost our coach last year
    due to his wish to coach football at other high school instead of badminton at ours. Please, Please, and Please guys, we need you in this noble cause.

Anybody interested, just contact me as soon as possible via Private messaging and I will provide you with the details as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

If you guys can't get a badminton coach, just ask a teacher who's willing to help out. There are schools out there who did extremely well even without a proper badminton coach.

3. Loafers

Loafers Regular Member

Loafer
    Joseph is correct. You don't need an ACTUAL coach, just someone who is willing to get involved and have their name on forms (a friendly teacher perhaps?).

If you are TRUE a badminton enthusiast, I strongly advise you to contact the Badminton organiser in CIF region and their website for help and forms to fill out. DO NOT rely on your school to get things done.

Good luck.

4. NaVdEep

NaVdEep Regular Member

Business Owner
    While both of you guys are correct, I turned to posting on this forum only after checking if any teacher wanted to coach, every PE teacher and others too, dude.

5. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Also I wouldnt really advertise great pay. If its a public school the pay is going to be mediocre at best for the hours one will be putting in.

6. Loafers

Loafers Regular Member

Loafer
    Do you want an actual school team or to just play singles?

For singles you would just need a Coach name and then show up for the tournament (after contacting the CIF person and filling out forms). Your school probably wouldn't let you practice in Gym since tehy require the supervision of an actual faculty memeber, but that shouldn't be a problem if you can practice off campus at other facilities.

Forming a team is similar. You just need more people.

Hope this helps...

#6 Loafers, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

right on the money.

if No one at your school will do it, find a parent or a coach from another sport to help. I remember Steve Cain from Milpitas High School, a basketball coach, taught badminton as well.

8. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

you might want to try assistant coaches at local gyms. It will be like free advertisement and get word out especially if they have a good season.

9. NaVdEep

NaVdEep Regular Member

Business Owner
    done that already, in fact we have accomplished our task and have gotten two coaches: one from badminton forum also.

Thank you guys!