New place to play in Southern California

Discussion in 'USA West' started by tchandra, Jul 30, 2002.

1. tchandra

tchandra Regular Member

Computers
    hi!
    I just wanted people in So Cal to know that if they live in and around Redlands, Loma Linda and vicinity, they are welcome to join us. We play every Tuesday and Friday morning 7-8:30 am at the Drayson Center in Loma Linda. For more information, check out our partly developed website http://www.geocities.com/redbadclub

2. Californian

Californian Regular Member

Thanks for the info.

Does this mean it is open to the public? Is there a fee, or is membership required? Any other details?

3. tchandra

tchandra Regular Member

Computers
    It is open to public. There is no fees that we charge. However, because the courts are located in the Drayson Center of Loma Linda, you have to become a member of the Center (www.llu.edu/llu/drayson). Most people in this vicinity do so, because there are numerous other facilities - racquetball, tennis courts, strength training, swimming. The bi-annual/annual fees vary based on if you are a student/resident/empoyee of the university or of ESRI. Check their website (www.llu.edu/llu/drayson) for more details and then if you do sign up, just send an email to me at tchandrasekhar@esri.com so that I can include you in the mailing list

4. Californian

Californian Regular Member

It looks like the open (community) membership fee is $45/month. That seems a little much for such limited and restricted use for someone who would only play badminton. :(

5. tchandra

tchandra Regular Member

Computers
    I am truly sorry to hear that. Since I work for ESRI, I get a discount. Annual membership is about $200.
    There is another place to play in Colton I believe. People play there on Sunday mornings. Drop in fees is $2. They also play on Monday evenings (drop in fees - $1). I will be going there from the end of this month.
    This is where they play.
    Colton High School
    777 W. Valley Blvd, Colton
    (909) 883-8680