Another new badminton commercial

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Joseph, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

This is the first time I've seen it and I haven't checked youtube to see if anyone recorded it. It's a commercial for Aleve and it featured a white lady in her 40s I suppose playing badminton. It's great that they had another commercial, but I think they should have chosen someone who knew footwork. It looked like she was about to fall in the last few action shots she did.

EDIT: Turns out other people saw it as well, but never made a thread about it. But its a first time for me.

#1 Joseph, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. Californian

Californian Regular Member

I think they wanted to show a recreational player, not a pro that few people would relate to. On the other hand, she was playing inside a gym, not outdoors on grass with nets 8 feet high.

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Of course they don't need a pro to relate to people. I'm a recreational player, have tons of bodily injuries (knee, ankle, shoulder, and now foot) and actually use Aleve for everything.

I'm just saying that they could have done a better job displaying what she could do. Maybe have shots where she wasn't stumbling around.

4. modious

modious Regular Member

5. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Very interesting videos modious. The video of Flemming Delfs seems to be very playful where Liem Swie King's commercial comes off more competitive.

6. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

I would say they did the right thing by showing someone who was stumbling about, someone adopting the correct footwork and movement should not require products like these,... so they are in fact of more use to the recreational player who does not move properly and safely.

7. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    For me, I just totally disregard the playing level of the individual that they used for the commercial.

I'm just happy that they used badminton in a commercial.

8. sac_man

sac_man Regular Member

Engineer
    I saw yesterday while watching NBC evening news. I thought it was nice, very nice courts, and the sound of racket hitting the shuttle was very sharp.

As far as the level of play, the lady/woman that shown in the commercial was very good for your typical recreational players..I like this commercial much better than the Vit waters that featured the US players.

9. Californian

Californian Regular Member

I saw another Aleve commercial yesterday. It featured a middle-aged man who apparently plays in a softball league telling about how Aleve allows him to continue playing since he has aches and pains. So it looks like they are targeting age 50+ people (baby boomers) who are above average in skill in a sport, but not pros, and want to remain active.

It was nice that, of all the sports they could have selected from, they chose badminton. The general advertising world knows we exist. How about that!

10. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing