Best places to train in USA

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by nala123, Jan 8, 2009.

1. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

Hi everyone...where would you say the best place to train (as an adult) would be? City, State, etc. This would be professional training. I know it is limited, but wondering what all your opinions were.

California is popular, but where else? Still feel free to add in CA as a choice listing city too!

Thanks.

2. hoiboy79

hoiboy79 Regular Member

Of course u got OCBC......yea don't even think about it, way too expensive. I train at Bay Badminton Center in Millbrae, which has an excellent coach in Salvador Banquiles who just came from the Philippines. He was a former Philippines National Player who formerly trained in China. I'd say Z-Badminton Training Center in Union City is good as well. I don't know if the head coach (Zhou Lei the World Champion in WS) will do private lessons, although I know two of her best students Ziwei Qin and Hao Jin, Junior National Players and former China Juniors, do. Zhou Lei does have a team there though, the strongest team in California besides OCBC of course (if you can even count them). If not then Smash City is also good.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Currently...

..and as far as i know, only California has the largest concentrated places for training (adult and/or children). Used to be SoCal (OCBC or SGVBC), but now even the NorCal area has improved by leaps and bounds. As a matter of fact, there are more full time badminton clubs up in the NorCal area with quality and international proven coaches.
    In the east coast, i heard Marblehead club just got Bob Malaythong (played in 2008 Olympics) as one of its coaches. Raju Rai (also played in 2008 Olympics) has also relocated to another state in the U.S. (sorry don't recall where).

Btw, kwun or mods might want to move this thread to the Places to Play/Local Events sub-forum/section??..:confused:

4. iph03n1xi

iph03n1xi Regular Member

Raju Rai coaches at the Bellevue Badminton Club in Bellevue, Washington.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Thanks..^^

..alright, thanks for confirming it for us!:cool:

6. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

Thanks for all that. What other states other than CA would be good places to train? It seems like Texas has a few places to play, does anyone have any input as to training etc. (especially in the Dallas area). This would be for adults, not children.

Thanks!

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Ahh..^^

..i take it you are from the Dallas area?;)..For further info, perhaps our malayali (yes, he is from the Dallas area) might want to chip in on your query??..:confused:

8. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

ctjcad: No where near the Dallas area! I'm trying to gather information for someone who will be moving to the US. Wasn't sure where, but now we know it may well be near DFW. Hopefully malayali can chime in. :)

9. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    So, I take it you are moving to US or someone you know is moving to US & wants to find the right place to move because of badminton training?
    :confused: