String Movement

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kooldudewu, Jan 9, 2009.

1. kooldudewu

kooldudewu New Member

Hello,

I've bought a new racket, the iso 65LT before i had the arc 7 borrowed from a friend and it had factory strings on. I played well with the arc 7 the strings didnt move, they were at 20 lbs. I got my own racket the other day and i strung the racket with BG85 at 23lbs. i play very well with the tension and the power. Although, when i clear i use a lot of my power and the racket to make my opponent go back. After i practiced clears at the local gym with a friend, i saw that my strings have been displayed making them not straight, for example there was a gap in between the strings, no cuts, notears. Just displacement. so i fixed it putting them straight. But i have to ask a question.
    Should i string it higher or lower next time? Is this a big factor in my shots?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Please help!

Thank you,

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    They're moving cause they're fresh. As time goes by, they will make grooves into the strings so they will sorta lock in the position. Don't worry about it.

3. NiTroXiTy

NiTroXiTy Regular Member

Student: Teacher in Computer Science
    I think so too.
    When I first bought my Fireblade Elite with Flex 21 string, I was really happy with it. My game went up with about 30% or so, just because of a good racket and string. (I came from a cheap racket with factory string.)
    Anyway, the first 2 weeks the string displaced itself too, all the time. After that, it hasn't moved at all. I asked it to my friends with the same string, and they had it too. It's normal! Don't worry. Just keep on playing with it, and place your string back in the right position everytime you see it is displaced. That's all.