User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 201
  1. #137
    Regular Member phaarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nelson, Aotearoa (NZ)
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whenever Peter Gade plays LCW it looks like he feels he needs to make miracle shots to win the rally. And he makes lots of errors because of that... Whenever Peter plays lower ranked players he's far more consistent with his shots.

  2. #138
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,284
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    What a surprise, INA new scratch pair Alvent/Hendra AG march on finale and likely will challenge Jae Sung/Young Dae tomorrow.
    Not a surprise, actually. Kido hasn't been moving well and stays more at frontcourt these past few days.

    INA girls launch their huge cannons to no avail, they are better off mixing the pac and using more fast drives.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    come on MeDy.. be relaxed!! i know u can fight better!!

  4. #140
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,683
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2009 Malaysia Open SS: Alvent/Hendra are in the Mens Doubles Final

    Quote Originally Posted by nunu27 View Post

    alvent/hendra won!! great new pairs!!

    .
    WOW... That's 17 points for me in our PAW Games.
    .

  5. #141
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,284
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is just a warm up exercise for YW/ZJW. Didn't need CTF to coach them.

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,630
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yang/Zhang show their class to win first game with big margin, 21-10.

  7. #143
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's the scores on the other court?

  8. #144
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Milpitas CA, USA
    Posts
    2,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    Whenever Peter Gade plays LCW it looks like he feels he needs to make miracle shots to win the rally. And he makes lots of errors because of that... Whenever Peter plays lower ranked players he's far more consistent with his shots.
    Is normal to play "out of ordinary" against player better than you, I am not talking about skill rather speed and endurance. If Peter play his normal game then the chance he beat Chong Wei is not high so he has to make every shot tighter hence higher errors(similar to Chong Wei against Lin Dan) ... Peter had to take this risk and almost work.

  9. #145
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Biased??..

    Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    The crowd is wayyy too biased.
    ..in which match?? LCW vs. Gade??....Of course lah, just look at whose backyard they're playing in?...

  10. #146
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,284
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Shendy should move a bit more on court to hunt the shuttle. CHN girls have problems measuring the drift.

  11. #147
    Regular Member phaarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nelson, Aotearoa (NZ)
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..in which match?? LCW vs. Gade??....Of course lah, just look at whose backyard they're playing in?...
    Yeah of course ! I just mean at points they didn't even give PG a polite clap. Dead silence :S, seemed a bit rude. Maybe I've been watching too much of the local tennis (where there is only one NZ player who is already out hehe).

  12. #148
    Regular Member sari_nov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cmon shendy n' mel,,,!!!

    we know u can fight better..

  13. #149
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hmm..

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Shendy should move a bit more on court to hunt the shuttle. CHN girls have problems measuring the drift.
    ..are you asking Shendy to move around the court??..I think she's asking Meiliana to cover for her....

  14. #150
    Regular Member phaarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nelson, Aotearoa (NZ)
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Is normal to play "out of ordinary" against player better than you, I am not talking about skill rather speed and endurance. If Peter play his normal game then the chance he beat Chong Wei is not high so he has to make every shot tighter hence higher errors(similar to Chong Wei against Lin Dan) ... Peter had to take this risk and almost work.
    Yeah that's right. It's interesting to see how even the very top players really struggle against certain people. The way Lee Chong Wei plays is really effective against PG. It must take a lot of courage to play against someone who just keeps getting the shuttle back no matter what you throw at them.

  15. #151
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,284
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now I'm sleepy again, no memorable rallies like the match between the CHN pair and WPT/CEH

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,013
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    Yeah of course ! I just mean at points they didn't even give PG a polite clap. Dead silence :S, seemed a bit rude. Maybe I've been watching too much of the local tennis (where there is only one NZ player who is already out hehe).
    If I recall correctly, that also happens when it's Denmark players vs non Denmark players in Denmark , or rather vs home players in most countries. Not a surprise. At least the audience didnt shout rude stuff to the opponent player (I hope in MO they didnt), like what happened in certain tournaments
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-10-2009 at 02:52 AM.

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,284
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..are you asking Shendy to move around the court??..I think she's asking Meiliana to cover for her....
    Well, she has that huge cannon of a smash, but Shendy still needs to bring it to target, doesn't she?

    And her backcourt coverage is lacking.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. China Open 2009 Day 5 (Semi-Finals on Saturday, Nov-21)
    By chris-ccc in forum Hong Kong Open / China Open 2009
    Replies: 851
    : 11-27-2009, 05:10 AM
  2. 2009 India Open: Day 5 (Semi-Finals) Saturday March 28
    By chris-ccc in forum India Open 2009
    Replies: 219
    : 03-29-2009, 03:33 AM
  3. 2009 German Open: Day 5 (Semi-Finals) Saturday February 28
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009
    Replies: 52
    : 02-28-2009, 08:48 PM
  4. Malaysia Open 2009: Day 6 (Finals) Sunday January 11
    By chris-ccc in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2009
    Replies: 334
    : 01-14-2009, 03:10 AM
  5. Malaysia Open 2009: Day 4 (Quarter-Finals) Friday January 9
    By chris-ccc in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2009
    Replies: 438
    : 01-11-2009, 08:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •