Serving

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by AndreasT, Jan 11, 2009.

1. AndreasT

AndreasT New Member

What foot position is recommended for forehand-serve and what for backhand serve. I am right handed.

I believe that I always keep my left foot at front when serving, but is this less effective?

I ask, as I have been thinking that I should have my right foot at front when doing backhand serve, or what do you say?

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Are you left or right handed?

Personally, I keep my racket foot in front for backhand and behind for forehand. This is purely because it gives you more space to move the racket. My coach advised me to do this after I asked him how I could improve my service. I think that if where your feet are now works for you, keep it up. I'm just telling you what I do and why.

3. AndreasT

AndreasT New Member

I'm right handed. THank you for your answer :)

4. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

I think its also easier to move around after the serve, otherwise your footing might get a little 'tangled up'.

5. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

Part-Time Student, Full-time Badminton Fanatic
    I agree with danstevens on his stance "racket foot behind for long serve" This is pretty much universal. Has anyone seen otherwise? Anyways, short serve is very personal depending on your height and built. There are some pretty weird techniques out there and some of them are quite effective. Stand however is comfortable. FYI, i lean very close to the net on my racket foot, with my other foot behind for balance and to comply with the laws of both feet being on the ground during service. GL.