Differences between my two NS7k? :S

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tommpaboy, Jan 11, 2009.

1. tommpaboy

tommpaboy New Member

Hey guys! I'm new here and got a question about my two NS7k...

I had two NS7k and when i decided to buy my third (because one of them i almost broken now) i didn't find a new NS7k with the same colors as my other two... I asked a guy that work at Yonex here in Sweden and asked him about it... he said that it would be EXACTLY the same as my other two rackets..

Happily, I bought it and strung it... When I, today, did my first practice with it i felt that something was different.. I took my old NS7k and compared to my new NS7k and i felt that my new is a LITTLE more heavy at top of the racket (or the head of the racket) then my other two... Both rackets are 3U and G4.

I know the new NS7K is heavier at the top because I have compared it and held both rackets on the same place on my finger and the new NS7K is falling forward while my old is falling backwards... Have done this 1000times with my finger and with other stuff and all is telling that the new is more heavy... (i did remove the... hmm... english word for this... ehm... swaddling clothes?, where i hold the racket... to make sure that the 'not top heavy racket' isn't heavier back there)

But I found a difference between them now... the old rackets is "SP" and the new is "DK". I have NO CLUE what that means :p

So... what does this DK/SP mean? I know is not that much difference between those two rackets but i actuality can feel the difference and I certainly to not like it and i play worse with this new racket...

Thanks for helping!:eek:

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

DK & SP are distribution codes, shouldn't change anything
    The Swaddling clothes are called grips....

i think it might be variation in the batch, and as you have said, there is two different year models, so something else may have changed. such as some people saying that the new AT700 is a little head heavier than the old AT 700

3. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    theres 2 generations of ns7k r u refering to the same generation?
    also when u balance them are they both without overgrip? or the type of strings would weigh a little more too.
    y dont you post some pics? =]

4. tommpaboy

tommpaboy New Member

I'm pretty sure that aren't from the same generation and yes both are without overgrip and it is the same type of strings (bg 65). I don't own a camera that could take that good quality. Only my cellphone :)

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Yes, both new paint NS7700 and old paint NS7700 are the same except the paint coat.
    2) There are minor variance due to the paint that was used. It also happen on NS8000 too. My wife swear that the new NS8000 is head lighter which is they are off by about 8mm (Yes, she is a very sensitive woman). I also agree you will see the minor difference between batches (the last number on your cone code). If the difference is less than 10mm, don't worry too much.
    3) The codes you are asking, it is distribution code. Please do a search on distribution code. In general, I will not buy SP coded because of warranty issue. It can not be replaced except in that region.
    4) Also, check the string, they also makes a difference between models.