Super Sweater ....

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by pussiii999, Jan 14, 2009.

1. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    I would first like to say if i am repeating this thread sorry ......i search and i only saw things that are close to it but not a direct hit ... maybe i missed it....

I am a super sweater ..... I need to change at least 3-4 t-shirts during a session and I do not have all the new technology t-shirt ..... some time i have to save it for the session the next day and i will play with a heavy t-shirt and i am dripping sweat everywhere cause the t shirt cannot absorb anymore sweat and it dripping together with my body ....

I am thinking of buying all the new tec t-shirt but i hesitate because i am thinking at the rate i am sweating is there any difference ....

Question - Does the New Tec t-shirts actually help ....do they keep a super sweater's body like mine drier than the classic t-shirts or dun even bother as my sweat rate is too much...

P.S - new tec = all the special t-shirt nike adidas yonex and other big brand sports company create for the sports people like us to keep us dry during sports ....

Thanks a lot ..... :D:D:D:D:D:D

2. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    If you're using cotton shirts then yeh these shirts really do master them. Might only need 2 shirts instead of 3-4 and they feel a dam lot comfortable aswell. They don't stick to you so thats an advantage

3. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    reminds me of when i was down in trinidad training i would sweat like mad down there cause of the heat and not use to it. but in the beginning even the yonex polo shirts were really no different that a t-shirt that i would wear to train in they both got soaked and both got clingy. but why not pick up 1 of whichever shirt you want to get and give it a test run no harm in that since its 1 shirt you will get an idea more or less of how it preforms and if it helps with your sweating problem to make the shirts not have to change as fast etc.

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

IMHO, polyester shirts helps a lot. I always bring along at least 1 extra shirt anyway. In between games, polyester shirts are easier to semi-dry than cotton. I will try to soak up the extra sweat with my microfibre towel or simply take it off and squeeze it dry.

5. pussiii999

chef
    Thank everybody .... i buy 2 ashaway Ts and i feel that it does help a bit .... i dun need to change so often but still need to and it is not that heavy while my sweat are in them

6. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    hahah, thought this thread was about a "super sweater" that was great for playing badminton in the cold ;p

7. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hey... sweating is gud mate.. the salt loaded water really helps with the grip on the court... ;) ;)

8. pussiii999

chef
    play doubles with me as my partner and you will slip ...... :D:D:D:D:D:D

9. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

As far as I'm concerned the difference is that a "new tech" shirt doesn't hold the sweat the way a cotton shirt does.

Outdoors the extra moisture evaporates or drips off onto the grass harmlessly. Indoors I find that it doesn't evaporate as quickly without the wind and I find that I need a plan to remove the extra sweat or I end up dripping it on the court. Any kind of towel (particularly one of those microfiber super-absorbant ones) works pretty well because the shirt doesn't hold the sweat and the towel does. I feel a little silly drying myself off between games but it really does work. The shirt will go from really wet to just damp and you're ready for the next game.