User Tag List

Thread: Side Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Side Bar

Just wondering (although it's not particularly important)... I recall when the new layout came about that the side bar on the left with the faint shuttlecock was eventually going to be used as some kind of navigation bar or something. But by the looks of things it's not happening, so I just thought it might be better to remove it entirely? It would allow more horizontal space for posts etc. and give the site a cleaner appearance.

Currently all it has is a link to Badzine halfway down and it seems kind of a waste of space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^For...^^

...advertisement space. Although, the right side of the webpage has quite a bit of real estate space..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps there could be an auto-resizing of images so that they fit within a certain limit or become thumbnails, and then the navigation or something else could fit on the right. Of course, anything particularly flashy would bog down the server's loading time and then detract from actual posts. That is.. why there are no signatures or avatars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...advertisement space. Although, the right side of the webpage has quite a bit of real estate space..
    Oh! I never saw this because I use Adblock... And I didn't realise what you meant by that until now (a month later)! I thought you were talking about the little Badzine button at the bottom .

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaranai View Post
    Perhaps there could be an auto-resizing of images so that they fit within a certain limit or become thumbnails, and then the navigation or something else could fit on the right. Of course, anything particularly flashy would bog down the server's loading time and then detract from actual posts. That is.. why there are no signatures or avatars.
    Resizing on the web usually makes the images jaggy though right? It might look a little messy (unless there's a better way to resize them that I don't know about?).
    Last edited by phaarix; 02-23-2009 at 07:01 AM.