Side Bar

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by phaarix, Jan 15, 2009.

1. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Just wondering (although it's not particularly important)... I recall when the new layout came about that the side bar on the left with the faint shuttlecock was eventually going to be used as some kind of navigation bar or something. But by the looks of things it's not happening, so I just thought it might be better to remove it entirely? It would allow more horizontal space for posts etc. and give the site a cleaner appearance.

Currently all it has is a link to Badzine halfway down and it seems kind of a waste of space.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^For...^^

...advertisement space. Although, the right side of the webpage has quite a bit of real estate space..;)

3. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Perhaps there could be an auto-resizing of images so that they fit within a certain limit or become thumbnails, and then the navigation or something else could fit on the right. Of course, anything particularly flashy would bog down the server's loading time and then detract from actual posts. That is.. why there are no signatures or avatars.

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Oh! I never saw this because I use Adblock... And I didn't realise what you meant by that until now (a month later)! I thought you were talking about the little Badzine button at the bottom :eek:.

Resizing on the web usually makes the images jaggy though right? It might look a little messy (unless there's a better way to resize them that I don't know about?).

#4 phaarix, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009