Thread: Nude Badminton

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nude Badminton

Now that I've got your attention,
    I would like to hear your opinion on how you would rank the following qualities that you believe would be of highest priority with respect to improving your current game and standard.

Racket Skill (technique), Stamina, Speed (of movement), Strength, Explosiveness/Power (of movement), Tactical Knowledge, Footwork, Determination (attitude).

Personally, I would rank them in this order (most important first):
    1) Footwork
    2) Racket Skill
    3) Stamina
    4) Tactical Knowledge
    5) Strength
    6) Power
    7) Determination

What about you?

PS. Hmmm.... I wonder how many views I will get on this post with a title like this?
    Btw, anyone actually have played badminton in the nude?? Just curious!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man!...I had high hopes!!...
    Since I'm already starting this posts, I'll just name my ranking in order from the most important to the least.

1) Stamina
    2) Determination
    3) Footwork
    4) Tactical Knowledge
    5) Racket Skill
    6) Power
    7) Strength

This is my opinion in the Advanced Begginers point of view since that is what I am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I can't offer with a list of priority...

To me, each quality on the list that you guys' already mentioned is equally important as to the other quality. Depending on who do you play against, a few of the qualities may out shine the others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have outlined 8 qualities whereas, in your preferences you mentioned only 7 leaving out SPEED. I personally think that speed would be on top of my importance list. Whether you are old (like myself) or young, you have to have speed when you are playing your equavalent or better player because if you do not then your opponent will find gaps and obiviously will kill you there. All other attributes will not help you save the game.

My list of importance:

1: Speed
    2: Footwork
    3: Stamina

4: Racket Skills
    5: Determination
    6: Tactical Knowledge

7: Strength
    8: Power

First three are basic. Any badminton player who wishes to play good need these things to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using the criteria esatablished by mongoose, I'd rank the given qualities thusly...

1) Racket Skill
    2) Footwork
    3) Tactical Knowledge
    4) Power
    5) Stamina
    6) Determination
    7) Strength

I'd actually rank the top 6 pretty closely; they are all very important. As long as a player has (explosive) power, brute strength isn't all that important. It's fast-twitch power that makes a player quick on their feet & able to hit deep or quick, powerful shots, not strength per se.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tactics, tactics and tactics

Uhm, this is an impossible task, but here's my list, for singles beyond the beginner's level:

[list=1][*]Tactical knowledge
    Knowing what to do with the shuttle must be the most important thing. This of course includes the ability of matching your tactic to your abilities... [*]Racquet skill
    Knowing how to carry it out is almost as important.[*]Footwork
    Good footwork alone won't win you any matches, but it will enable you to play according to a more advanced tactical game plan. Getting to the shuttle earlier will also let you choose from a wider range of shots.[*]Determination
    Determination can get you far... but not all the way.[*]Stamina
    Singles is a taxing game. A lesser player with great stamina can be a tough opponent...[*]Power & Strength
    When your tactics fail, and you keep getting caught in those deep corners, power is what might get you out again...[/list=1]

I think the list would be slightly different for doubles. Footwork & stamina would drop a bit, and power & strength would be higher up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are talking about competitive play, I would like to add...

1. Adaptability--the ability to discern the best tactics to use in a particular game against a particular opponent, and to be able to adjust the game plan and tactics to best meet the situation.

2. Control--the ability to consistantly put the shot right where you want it, and to avoid unforced errors.

3. Concentration--being mentally in the game.

Also, using the right equipment can also be a factor.

In a close game, these things could make the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Californian
    If you are talking about competitive play, I would like to add...

1. Adaptability- /.../

2. Control-- /.../

3. Concentration /.../
    Hmm... isn't that just other names for:
    1) Tactical knowledge
    2) Racquet skill
    3) Concentration

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, my ranking is the following:

1) Racket Skill
    2) Tactical Knowledge
    3) Footwork
    4) Stamina
    5) Determination
    6) Power
    7) Strength

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the various bits of experiences and observations I have,
    I'd rank them as follows:

1) Footwork
    2) Racket Skill/Deception
    3) Stamina/Speed
    4) Tactical Knowledge
    5) Determination
    6) Power
    7) Strength

...but they're all very close in importance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nude Badminton

Here is my order:

1) Footwork
    2) Racket Skill
    3) Stamina
    4) Tactical Knowledge
    5) Determination
    6) Power
    7) Strength

Footwork - It is much easier to play a desired shot if you can get there in time and be able to retreat. Also, good footwork makes you less tired

Racket Skill - Be able to make the shots that you want. Of course, you have to be able to get there to make them, hence my first one on the list

Stamina - Being able to last on the court is important. If you get tired, even though you know what to do, you won't be able to do it.

Tactical Knowledge - Once you are able to get there and make a shot, being able to make the best shot from that position that would put your opponent out of position or force them back. If you always play the same shot from a given location, your opponent can read you easily

Determination - Having goodmental toughness is very important, however, it takes place after the basics.

Power - Your game will be better if your shots travel where you want them to go faster because your opponent will have less time to react and play a shot.

Strength - Strength is not very important in badminton, however, it does compliment it, and I have found after working out for a few months now, I can hit harder shots easier. And this is after about four months of no badminton save a few trips to the YMCA. I don't have to use as much energy to hit harder shots than before.

Well, that's my list and explanation. However, I believe that these are all VERY important, and tie in to each other, therefore training in one will benefit another.

Example: Doing footwork drills traines your stamina. Strength training can improve your power, etc.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Footwork

The biggest difference between players even at the best level of play is footwork. I am sure Most men or women will be fit enought ot run teh same distance or whatever in the same Proportion

2) Tactical Knowledge
    If u are good enough u can make the opponent move and uknwo the game is ours...
    Tactical knowledge is abt Mind games as well and Mebntal strength.. It is a gem of chess out there..

3) Stamina
    Very Important too... No health no sport...

4) Determination
    Everytihng is lost if u dont tell ur self.............. The man who is most Hungry is the winner. Survival of teh fittest...

5) racket skill
    I guess this can be developed by sheer practise... It just depends on how much effort you want to put in

6) Power

7) Strength

The last 2 are just basic things that it is better to possess but it is allright if u are inferior than ur opponent in this..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Mag

Hmm... isn't that just other names for:
    1) Tactical knowledge
    2) Racquet skill
    3) Concentration

Just subtle differences, I think.

From your definition of tactical knowledge, it looks like you're referring to individual shot selection--the best response to a particular shot. I'm talking about going in with a game plan and being able to modify it as necessary. For example, suppose you like to play a fast, agressive game--lots of smashes, taking risks and relying on your quickness to cover for any mistakes. What if you find that isn't working in a particular game? What do you modify in your approach? Can you completely abandon this plan and play a slow-paced, defensive game if that's what it takes?

The ability to adapt--either to opponent's styles, or to changing playing conditions--is part of every sport. Sometimes it's enough in itself to make the difference between winning or losing.

Control involves more than just racket skills. The whole body and mind is involved in controlling where the shuttle goes. Like a baseball pitcher who may have the hardest fastball, sharpest-breaking curve, and great change-up, he will have limited success unless he can place the pitch where he wants to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ho everyone

As many people keep telling me that half the battle is in the head!!!!! I would agree first U must have the ambition to be a winner. Secondly tactics are how U win using your racket skill footwork and other elements.

My order therefore is........

1. Determination
    2. tactical Knowledge/knowhow
    3. Racket skill
    4. Footwork
    5. Stamina/Fitness
    6. Power/Strength

Let me know your thoughts cheers byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

P.S Never tried nude badminton sounds good though. Any girlies 19ish fancy giving it a go.