Prospeed stringing guide

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Danstevens, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone. I am very new to stringing and discovered the Prospeed stringing guide. I know that it covers 1 piece but many people on here seem to thing 2 piece is better; why is this? Also, is it safe to use the Prospeed guide for all rackets and tensions?

Thanks in advance. I've no idea what I'd do without BCF.

2. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Hi Dan,

I used the prospeed guide for prestringing and found it very helpful, it was when i got to tensioning that i got confused myself. Its an old school method now and there are better methods of stringing out there now.

The two piece and one piece is personal preference. So ignore that for now.

Learn to do it one way and youll find learning other ways a hell of alot easier. For example if you do it the prospeed way then it teaches you to string one peice from left to right. Many people here say this is bad as it causes undue stress to the frame. To be honest, ive used this method on numerous rackets at numerous tensions and not had a problem yet.

Dink also posted a picture of how to start from the centre mains and work your way out.

So to conclude as ive probably confused you. Learn it as per prospeed, then all youneed to do is adapt it to work from the centre out. Its a simple case of leave a loop next to the handle and starting from the centre.

if u need any more tips give me a shout, but bare in mind ive only done 5 rackets so far.

3. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Always start the tensioning with the middle mains alternating either side no more than two ahead. I use one of my swivel clamps to clamp off the first left main ie nearest the shaft then I pull first right towrds shaft, then clamp off with right hand clamp, then pull 2nd right main upto head then clamp off. I have to start like this as i dont have room for two swivel clamps to be side by side on adjacent mains, I need a space of at least 2 strings. I then tension left, left, left. This then means I am one left main ahead, I now tension two on the right side. All tensioned individually, ie, not pulling two at same time.

4. blundey

blundey Regular Member

I have flying clamps only./...makes it a pain in the arse

5. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

what's a pain?
    Do you have a starting clamp?

6. blundey

blundey Regular Member

No i use a spare flying clamp :)

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Thanks blundey and coachgary.

Your advice wasn't that confusing at all, infact, it was really helpful. Any chance of a link to that photo? I can't seem to find it.

8. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Hi Dan,

I cant find the pic, maybe Dink can send it to you. Drop him a pm asking for the pic of his prestrung racket with the loop by the shaft.