Who is better? Tine Rasmussen or Camilla Martin?

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by the_way, Jan 18, 2009.

1. the_way

the_way Regular Member

Tine Rasmussen has done it over and over again. She does not fear the chinese players and she has very good record against all chinese players since the beginning of 2008. She created history in Japan open last year by beating 5 chinese players back to back and then proceed to win All England. But, she lost to Maria Kristin in Beijing. I wonder what will happen if she won that match :cool::cool:.

On the other hand, Camilla Martin has also won many major tournaments like the all england and world championship. However, she does not have good record with all the chinese players. For example, she has never beaten gong zhicao.

So, which player do you think that liyongbo fears more? Tine or Camilla?

I would go for Tine. :D:D

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its hard to say who is better. The standard of the players nowadays is much higher and better than before. For title wise i would say Camilla since she has won the WC and AE. But i think Tine still have chance to win those. But i guess Tine has more impact to the game now compare to Camilla when she was in her prime. My vote goes to Tine.
    If you ask LYB who he fear more... his answer was Tine. I did ask him this question before. Tine has the height and more power in the game compare to Camilla who is better technical and court awareness wise. But Tine is catching up which makes her dangerous and unpredictable on court.

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I say Camilla is much hotter.

4. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

When ZN and XXF put everything into a match, they are in a class by themselves. Even a rusty and out-of-breath XXF beat TR at the last French Open.

I am quite impressed by TR's improvement in her techniques. With today's racket and training, TR can probably roll over CM easily, on a good day.

5. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Camilla martin is more beautiful..

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    CM had accomplished way more than TR. Just because the chinese WS is absence last few months and won a few titles but people have short memory. Yes, TR looked improved a bit but her improvement have not been fully tested with REAL CHINESE WS. What she beat are just some tired old ex chinese WS. If u peel back few more months before, TR have been beaten by XXF, Yihan, wang ling, wang chen, zhou mi, piyonghan, HYHwang and even by XU Huaiwan and lowly Jie Yao.

for u ppl with short memory, CM had to do battle with REAL top asian WS like ye zhao ying, dai yun, zhou mi, gong zhichao, gong ruina, XXF, zhang zing, susi susanti, mia audina.

7. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    if you look at 2008 you're wrong this time...
    Xie xingfang has a better record against Tine since 2008,, they met once in france and xie xingfang won it 21-8, 16-21, 21-16:D:D
    Tine vs Wang lin 1-1,in japan Tine won 10-21, 21-11,21-18, in denmark wang lin won 21-17, 13-21, 21-18
    Tine vs Wang Yihan 2-2
    it means that not verry good record,,,,good but not so good against camilla on her prime
    agree with you,,,
    agree with you

8. the_way

the_way Regular Member

Camilla did not have power play in her game. That's the reason she cannot beat zhang ning, zhou mi and etc when the chinese ladies use more power and smashes in their game. I also recall that Mia Audina and Camilla Martin said that it would take at least 5 to 10 years before a new person can stop the chinese ladies domination after CM and Mia retired. But I am glad that Tine, Mew Choo (though inconsistent), Maria Kristin have improved so much lately.

But, I stil have a lot of respect for Camilla because she is on top of her game for more than 5 years. So, we will see how long could Tine endure...but she is already 29 years old:(:(

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

tine rasmussen imo;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1-1 is not a good one???then how u consider psh-lindan head to head????psh didnt have GOOD record agaisnt lin dan??? :rolleyes:

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..i did not follow nor watch a lot/enough of Camilla's game so i can't really comment much on her game, technique. Thus can't compare the two.
    But in terms of accomplishments, i would say Camilla had done much more than Tine. Both never won the Olympics Gold, but Camilla has a Silver medal (2000 OG). In addition both have won the AE but only Camilla has the World Championship WS title.

Btw, looks like the Professional Players' sub-forum/section has been re-arranged to be located at the top of the Profesional Players Forums.

#11 ctjcad, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Exactly, in terms of achievement Camilla Martin is better than Tine so far. As we know Camilla had collected All England (2002), World Champion title (1999) plus Olympic Silver Medal at Sydney Games 2000.

13. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Camilla Martin was a single threat to the chinese ladies for more than 10 years. Her achievements are at the moment better than those of Tine since she has reached a top position in all the 3 major tournaments (AE, WC, OG). In her late years it was more and more obvious from comments made by Camilla that her motivation decreased day by day since she already had achieved so much and been on the run for 10+ years.

Opposite to Camilla, Tine has just recently begun to shine and has achieved some very good results, be it with no chinese in the tournaments or with all of them entering. No one can deny Tine the Japan Open title and AE title where the best of the best participated. Tine is indeed a major thread to the chinese since she has maybe the best offensive play among the women single players. What Tine lack is the consistency that a player like Camilla Martin had. You rarely saw Camilla loose to players who were ranked a lot lower than her. Tine sometimes does so.

However as said before Tine has only for the last one and a half year been on top of the rankings (top ten) and won major tournaments so we have yet to see if she can even further develop her game and win the biggest tournaments (WC & OG). If she can do that and be more consistent in her matches I would say she might surpase Camilla Martin. However its hard to compare the two since Camilla played in another era and was on top of the world for approx 10 years where Tine will most likely have a much shorter carriere as a top player.

14. bramyes

bramyes Regular Member

salesman
    Camilla martin is old story. Camila place its name and fame can not replace in by anyone.
    Tinna Ramussen is the story of this day. He deserves to be no one in this world badminton....

horass Tinne

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, I remember CM admited that her worst opponent is GZC (at least, by then), who definitely not known for her height or smashing power. What GZC has, is the speed, consistency, and defense.

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

There's no what "if".

If so, I can argue "what if LD did not lose in 1st round in OG 2004". LD was way more dominating in 2004 than Tine did in 2008. What if LD did not fold in 1st round then? :rolleyes:

If you lose, means you are not good enough, at least not in that match, regardless your previous record or bright future. :cool:

17. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

We'll see it when china team back in action.

18. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    well, ZN got to her prime at arnd 29 too rite?? :D

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Tine Rasmussen is a She:rolleyes:

20. the_way

the_way Regular Member

I am just wondering if Tine will have to play Wang Lin, Wang Yihan, Lu Lan, Xie Xingfang, Pi Hongyan, Zhou Mi and Wang Chen from the first round to the final match of All England this year (if she could make it).