to break wind on court

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by venkatesh, Jan 18, 2009.

1. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Okay! Admit it! Have you ever farted on court?

Last Saturday, during an intense match with my level A partner against level A opponents, something happened that made me stop playing for a while.

You see, during the rally, I was forced to go at the back court. Because I know that an offense position is the best way to gain points, I kept on smashing to set the rally up for my partner who immediately stayed front. Fortunately, I was successful. My well-placed sharp smash forced our opponent to make a weak defense, giving an opportunity for my partner to pounce on the shuttle and make a kill. As he jumped on the front court to add more force on his kill, a barely audible puff was heard followed by a nauseating hydrogen sulfide-like smell.

Ugh! The smell was awful! And it lingered for a while. I was supposed to serve, but I just couldn't stand the stinky odor. I delayed our game for a couple of seconds, fannned my hand to hopefully diffuse the bad odor, and walked away to get a breather.

Maybe I handled the situation too harshly. But C'MON!!! Give me a break! :rolleyes: I mean, I'm also guilty. I unintentionally and "silently" farted during a game before, but it wasn't that deadly! If I know I am on the verge of farting, I make sure I go out of the court, pretend to drink water, or towel up or something.

But I understand. Sometimes, the gas in our stomach is so uncontrollable that they go out in the most unexpected time. So how would you handle this? The question goes both ways: being the gassy partner or being the victim who smells the gas :D.

2. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    It happens fairly often infact, because of all the moving around of your internal organs, the gasses in your intestines etc are pushed down. I do break wind on court, but I do my best to walk off the side and silently, as respectful as possible break wind.

3. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Hold it in until just before you have to changes ends with the opponent.

4. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I often call this the "extra player" on court.

5. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    haha i will admit i have been guilty of that one before, as well as generally breaking wind on court the most ackward time was once in doubles other team lifted go up ready to smash and then just let it out unfortunatly it wasnt a silent one like i would have liked but yeah...usually ill break wind between rallies near the end of the court but if the rally is in motion and i got to well i got to cant stop it cause its comming out.

6. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    me and my partner are close enough to the point where i'd just whisper to his ear wut'd u have to go and ruin the momentum for =P.

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i think if you've been playing badminton long enough, in fact, if you've been doing anything in your life long enough - driving, on the bus/train, playing computer, in classes etc - you would have let one rip (whether intentionally or not) at some point.

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    A very opportune time for water break.

9. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Of course, whether you're playing mens doubles or mixed doubles might also affect what you do.

10. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    wouldnt want to let one go on court with your female partner...would be weirder if they were the one who did it too o_O haha oh well

11. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

Part-Time Student, Full-time Badminton Fanatic
    I try to be as tactful as possible, usually by completely ignoring it. It does occur suprisingly often...

12. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    :rolleyes: How can you possbily ignore something as deadly as my partner's last Saturday?

Tips: Don't eat sweet potato, soft drinks, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, onions, artichokes, asparagus, pears, apples, peaches, cheese, and ice cream before a game.

Or try burping often. As what they say ... better out the front than out the back :D

13. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

Part-Time Student, Full-time Badminton Fanatic
    If this is a regular occurance, I guess you could wear a SCUBA pack...At the very least, you'd win points because your opponents would be at first confused, as in "why do you have a tank of air on your back?" and then incapacitated when they find out the answer!

Also am I to assume that your parner actually consumed the entireity of your list? Very impressive...I don't think I could move...

14. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

It's okay to break wind, just do it off the court. If its during a tournament, release it on the court prior to changing sides.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Whoah...

...oh me oh my, he ate all those?? also, thankfully it was just air coming out....not anything worse...:eek:

Btw, i'd like to add burritos, tamales, pinto beans, frijoles negros (black beans) and all those good stuff to the diet.....the smell would probably envelope and evacuate the entire playing hall..
    (apologies to all the readers)..:eek:

16. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Argh. You're putting images in my mind. Imagine a badminton player wearing SCUBA outfit, with bulges on his behind :eek:. That's funny :D

17. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

If I have time, I will go at side and do the job.
    But what happen if it happens so quick.
    I think no one can't be blamed.
    :D:D:D

18. meteoflare

meteoflare Regular Member

String breaker
    Do it on a the shuttle before serving for a surprise attack... f('....')f

This is "kind of?" related, but I can't stand players that wipe their sweat off their neck with the shuttle before serving. Does a certain professional player do this? I've seen a couple of people do it and I get the shivers when I have to pick up the shuttle to serve... They must have learned this habit from somewhere. D;

19. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Oh man!!! Wouldn't that affect the flight of the shuttle?

20. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    wiping sweat with the shuttle... yuck!!!!!!!!!!

havent seen tht in any o my games fortunately... guess one can outrightly ask the other to stop doing tht... it will affect the flight... faster the shuttle will go i guesss.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: