Looking for coach for WestmoorHighSchool 09 Season

Discussion in 'USA West' started by rpgfanatic, Jan 19, 2009.

1. rpgfanatic

rpgfanatic Regular Member

student
    My name is Ione, and I’m from Westmoor High School (131 Westmoor Ave. , Daly City, CA 94015), and our Badminton Team is in desperate need of a coach for our 2009 season (which should start sometime in February till May *I’ll give the specific dates tomorrow). Badminton has been one of the sports that’s greatly enjoyed and admired by students from every grade. Yearly we’d dread the long wait for spring to come so that the season would finally start (although some of us do play badminton after school in the hallways to ease up the impatient-ness). However, a week ago, our sports director/coordinator sadly revealed to us that we might not have an 09 badminton season because we don’t have a coach. Our past coaches can’t return to their posts this year because of other commitments (school, work, etc.). Additionally, the other PE teachers can’t take the coaching position because of their own commitments (coaches of other sports, children, etc.) It would greatly appreciated if someone from here would consider the post of our coach for this season.

I have been on my team since freshman year (currently a senior), and the rest of the team (old and new) and I are really saddened by the fact that we currently don’t have a coach this year and as a result, we might have to cancel playing badminton this season. For us returning members of the team, badminton is more than just a sport--it’s a place where we can hang out with our friends while at the same time participating a hobby we all love to play and compete in. We have quite a number of seniors who’ve been dedicated members since freshman year, like me, and we don’t want to end our last high school year without being in a badminton team for the very last time. Also other returning members (juniors and sophomores and the new freshmen) would be saddened by the fact that they can’t take part in a sport they’ve learned to love and enjoy throughout their past years. Our team has a lot of talented and dedicated players who strive to achieve greater heights in this craft, all we need is a coach be there for us. If you do, we assure you we’d do our best to strive for success in this 09 season.

If you’re interested in being our coach, please contact our sports coordinator (Ms Paul):
    Phone: 650-550-7506
    Fax: 650-550-7507
    E-mail:
    mpauljuhsd.net
    We sincerely hope that applicants would come in soon before the season starts. Thank You! :)

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The url you have provided is neither a website nor an email address.
    Anyway, the position is already advertised here.

The email should be mpaul@juhsd.net.
    See here :)

3. rpgfanatic

student
  4. rpgfanatic

student
    thanks i just realized that. xD

5. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

You mentioned only asking PE teachers, try asking other teachers (math, science, history, english, etc.).

6. rpgfanatic

student
    yea we've tried asking teachers, but none really have the time to stay back everyday till 5ish for practices =/

7. rpgfanatic

student
    we're still looking for coaches. we were told that if we dont find a coach by the end of the month, then westmoor wont have a badminton season this year =/

please be our coach or refer us to someone whos willing to coach for us!

8. JYmuffin

JYmuffin Regular Member

You dont need an official coach per-say. Any teacher on campus can step in and be your coach. They dont even need to know anything about badminton. Just explain to them your situation and then talk to the administration about the necessary channels and then they can be your coach. I had a science teacher for one of my coaches in high school.