Thermal bag does it protect racquet from high temp?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by cyclone9, Jan 20, 2009.

1. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

Hi,

I just brought a Yonex Thermal bag and im worry about if this thermal bag does protect my racquets. Previous i have 1 racquet put in the car w/o thermal bag... the head has been out of shape. Currently i have Ti-10, does it safe to put in thermal bag which will protect my racquet from heat?

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

in theory, yes. however, i recommend that if you can, keep it with you, out of the sunlight, or leave it in a safe area (your home). those probably will help your racket.

3. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    in reality yeah they dont exactly do to much protecting, they add some easy being for you knowing there in there and its way better to have it in a bag than not in one to begin with but in extreams or leading up to the extreams its not going to do much good so its always best to bring the racquet with you as opposed to leaving it out in the car on a really hot/really cold day.

4. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    NO, dont even think to leave your racket at car with or without thermal bag....it doesnt help if the temperature too high or too low.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it does for a short period of time. i do notice when i used to visit cold badminton gym that after i got home, the content of the bag is still cold. so the bag does have a temperature preserving effect.

if you live in very hot or very cold climate, it will ensure that your bag content stays at indoor temperature while you are traveling between home and gym.

however, we have done experiment and found that high outdoor temperature does little to effect the rackets. cold temperature is worse.

nowadays bags are more for utility and look than anything else.

6. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

What about hot days (say maybe 24 degrees Celsius), and you leave your rackets in the racket case, then in a thermal raquet bag, and leave it in the car. is that really dangerous?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    24 isn't exactly very hot.

but as said, we haven't found that heat is an issue.

i would still suggest on the safe side, don't leave it there for too long.

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Depend. If you leave your car under the sun, it can be 24 deg C and the trunk is actually more than 32 deg C. Just like Kwun said, Thermal bag protect only up to a short time. So if you are leaving the bag in your car (under the sun) and go into your office and work for 8 hr. The thermal bag do not protect. I would est. the thermal bag is good for max of 1 hr. not more.

9. Babytrex2

Babytrex2 Regular Member

Which bag to get?

May I know , do you have any good thermol badminton racket bags to recommend ?

I am looking for a bag that fits;

-> 4 Badminton rackets
    -> 1 set of Shuttle cone
    -> 1 Bandminton Net

-> 1 Pair of Shoe
    -> 1 set cloths of change
    -> 1 Litre water bottle

Is there any bag to recommend ???

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    victor br309 :D

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...or-Bag-BR309?p=1374877&viewfull=1#post1374877

i use this right now and it suits all my needs. i carry 4 rackets like you, 2 pairs of shoes (1 for me and one for my gf), a 1L water bottle, two sets of clothes, and 4 tubes of birds, and it still has room for much more. the only drawback is that the bag is a bit big to fit into the locker at the court. and it's pretty heavy compared to say the yonex 7929.

#10 cycilver, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  11. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i need an opinion guys... is that true only pro players suitable to use 3 compartments bag ? rcenlty i bought a 3 compartments bag but my friends told me that it is rare for average player to use such kind of bag.. they recommended me to use 2 compartments instead... but for me, i have my own reason to use this bag... 1st of all, i always put my racket (9 of them) in the middle compartment... my lest and right compartment are normally used to keep my shuttlecock tube, extra cloth, 1.5 l drink, videocam and my badminton shoes... i also believe that by keeping the racket in the middle compartment will keep my rackets safe from any damage or thermal heat when i put it in my car... any opinion on this guys?

12. druss

druss Regular Member

I prefer a 3 compartment bag, for one thing everything isn't stuffed in to 2 compartments as I like to keep my rackets separate from anything else and I don't like to keep dirty clothes with clean clothes. Since I also string for my club I usually go home with 1-2 extra rackets to string. That doesn't include the drinks, shuttles, shoes, grip.... etc.

In the end use whatever you want to use. I have five 6 racket bags just sitting in my closet because I don't use them.

13. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    NO! haha it is quite strange to think that 3 compartment bags are meant just for pros to use. A lot of my friends including me use a 3 compartment bag and we are by no means pros. And on the other end, I know a lot of extremely skilled players who don't even use a racket bag or case, just carry the unprotected racket in a backpack with a pair of shoes and some clothing. It really comes down to preference, if you find that you need space, then it makes no sense for you to squeeze everything into a smaller space just so you can be more "normal". i used to use a 2 racket bag until i needed more space to accommodate more rackets and birds. Use what you feel is comfortable and right for you :D

14. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    thanx guys.. really appreciate your opinions... well, i guess, i will stick with my 3 compartments bag... hehehe...

15. enginius

enginius Regular Member

sometime the pros only carry their racket with backpack. It simpler....But for me, 3 compartment is the best to carry those accessories.