Racquet Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rootbeer, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

Hi, I like to smash but I want something maneuverable and accurate.
    Which of these is the best racquet?
    -Dunlop Aerogel 5000
    -Head Mettallix 10000
    -Black Knight 865B Rapier BE

Thanks

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

there is no such thing as the best racket. or else all BC members would have it, and all companies would fail. don't ask open ended questions. do a search, and find out about the rackets. these probably have been mentioned before.

#2 jymbalaya, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Tough to make recommendations as you didn't state what kind of player you are.

I have the Dunlop Aerogel 800XL and I believe the Aerogel 5000 is using the same technology. Pretty decent racquets I must say. Easy to use.

However, the racquets you list are all very different, the Aerogel 5000 is head light and flexy whereas the Head 10000 is mid stiff and even balance.

Normally, you will chose racquets that have the same qualities which fits your type of profile.

4. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

You don't have to be a jerk because you have been on the forum longer and I have searched I wanted a general answer and insight.

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i am not being a jerk. Being on the forum has no place in my answer about doing a search. Multiple moderators have talked about the need to reduce clutter. in fact, i find it amazing that you point the finger and call me rude, when all i did was try to show you in the right direction, while being considerate of not just yours but others requirements and work.

look at what you asked. "what is the best racket?"
    that question is really open ended. Also, many members have given reviews about the rackets. if you look deeply into it, you can find out more.
    read this thread and understand my point.

If you really did search, you would find many people have written about the Metallix 10000, as well as the Aerogel 5000 in some form. it would be a waste not to use the tools the forum allows you.

6. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

well i did list three racquets and I gave a brief style of play sooooooo it wasn't very open ended unless you can't comprehend the fact that I listed so many racquets!

7. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I hate to say it but jymbalaya is right... based on your question, I would have to give you an open-ended answer of: It depends.

You're asking for the best of those three rackets... based on the fact that your style of play can be characterized as "I like to smash but want something maneuverable and accurate." So basically I understand that to mean that you want an offensive and defensive racket (don't we all?).

Not surprisingly, a lot of us have this same style. Yet we're all using different rackets... This is because racket choice is a very personal choice. How can we know what racket you will like? The only thing we can tell you is our personal opinion of a racket along with its specifications. Even if you were to provide us with pages and pages of details about your style of play (and a video), you may still be disappointed in the answer we give you. The choice is ultimately yours.

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

First of all, look what you wrote. A statement, then an unrelated question. not only that, the question is very open ended. the "I like to smash but want a manuverable racket" is very open ended, because that is what most wants. "which of these best racket?" is a very subjective question. i could say it was the Metallix, and then someone could say it was the other 2, and both people who replied would be right in their own ways.

Even so, the fact that you have a lists tells us that you have your eyes out on three different rackets, and that your choice is probably between those three. because you know what you want., look at what is written about those rackets. many people have talked about the Met. 10000, and some have written about the aerogel 5000.

If you look, you will see that some questions appear that look like this, and similar answers are given to the original poster. i am not being rude, i am answering your question while trying to help maintain the orderliness of BC.
    I search regularly, and i notice many threads that have a single post, which don't help my search. i like going to BC because it is a fast loading, interesting, clean site. I dont want to see that disappear.

As for my comprehensions, or lack of, lets leave that out. i don't take time to insult you or call you stupid, so why not be a little more civil?

#8 jymbalaya, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  9. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

I'd like to lend support to Jymbalaya - but I would have been a jerk about and asked you this:

I like to drive fast so which is better? the BMW M3, AUDI RS4 or the C-Class AMG?

or I like to drink wine so is shiraz, cab sav or merlot better?

10. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

firstly to jymbalya if people did list what racquet they thought was best that is what I want then each could argue there case why or why not and that insight would be very helpful. But telling me that my question is wrong has nothing to do with the question I asked!

to gumpy 999, cars are not even close to that of a badminton racquet and wine someone could have said the different tastes that each poses.

and to thejym if that is what most peoples styles are like then it would be easy to decide which of the 3 racquets would have been best.

For future reference I do not want ediquite advice on my question just answers about racquets!

Thank You

11. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

lets try this one more time. Your question is still open ended. If you did search the forums like you claimed. 1) you would see that your answers are given to you. you have posted on a thread with at least one Metallix review. Aerogel reviews are a search away as well. 2) there are many people who ask open ended questions, and get told a similar answer.

Thejym is correct in his statement. You have not even stated preferences in rackets, not even a head light/head heavy, stiff/flex, light/ heavy comments. All you have said is," I like to smash but I want something maneuverable and accurate." Many players can smash with their rackets, which they may feel is manueverable and accurate. So, you give us a bland description. then, you ask a bland question,"Which is the best racket?" this question has been explained by the moderators to be misleading, because of personal preference.

then, you give us racket choices. Three different rackets, with many different characteristics. because we dont know your preferences, we cant even recommend you one.

Even as we try to help you, you come here and tell us that whatever help we offer is of no use, and perhaps rude, because we couldn't answer the question.

Therefore, we can't directly answer your question. or help you with reading comprehension or understanding sarcasm either.

If you decide to revise your question, and help us help you, I may be more forthcoming in the future. but until you do that, it will be difficult for anyone to really take a guess at which one is the best for you.

#11 jymbalaya, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  12. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

Well maybe i wanted a bland answer...omg you must be like obsessed with this site to say stuff like that try to act like your above everyone. well There are only 3 racquets to choose from and i wanted certain characteristics from each and if they were all the same then it wouldn't really matter that much, now would it? so maybe you should just try and answer the question of what do YOU think is the best. I wanted to know why you thought one was the best. Also for future reference I do not want your help if you are going to answer like that, ok!

13. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Sure, I choose the Head Metallix 10000. I can clear baseline to baseline with easily with the Head. As a bonus, it has the biggest number among all of those listed.

I think everyone in the forum will certainly support my choice. :D

14. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

THANK YOU THAT IS WHAT I WANTED!!!! that jymbalya and other guys should take advice from you about how to answer a question. I really appreciate your actual answer and not question ediquite:)!

Thanks

15. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Well if that's all that you are looking for... I guess you got it.

I think many people here would appreciate it if you were a bit kinder to others. Don't call someone an impudent person:
    From this thread: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1079721#post1079721

If someone gives you an answer you don't like... just ignore it and pretend they didn't say anything. You're the one asking for answers, so you're asking a favor of us and it's not in your place to criticize us for taking the time to read your thread.

Thanks.

16. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

Well your right about one thing it is my thread! that is it. I thought the point was for answers about badminton. even u coming on here and telling me that. don't throw a link in my face. either answer the question or don't answer. let that be for future reference I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANYTHING EXCEPT THE THREE RACQUETS THAT I LISTED!!!!

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    No, no You should definitively go with the Black Knight 865B Rapier BE, if you like to smash and defend :cool:

/Twobeer

18. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    rootbeer:

Everything there is to know about those three rackets;

www.dunlopsports.com
    www.head.com
    www.blackknight.ca

That's what you wanted, right?

If on the other hand, you would like to engage in polite, civilised discussion, perhaps leading to you finding the racket best suited to you and your own individual playing style, then I suggest you stick around and maybe show a little more maturity and respect.

Let's not forget that you're the one asking for something here - so far you're not giving us much of a reason to want to help you...

19. rootbeer

rootbeer Regular Member

Mature & respect...ya because telling people etiquette of a question sounds really mature. I think it should be the reciprocal. I don't want advice on how to structure a question on BC i want answers about racquets. Your answer helped me in no way. I believe I stated earlier if you weren't going to give insight about the racquet you believe is best DO NOT COMMENT. So show some maturity and respect towards me by following my interests.

Thank You

20. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hello all...
    don wanna screw up anyone s peace but even i wud like to knw bout a racquet or 2...

currently have a CAB 8000 Lt... 3U.. BG 65 strung at 22*24 with a thich foam grip...
    want to buy a second racquet... low on budget... MP series wud do well... 21 / 22 Lt or 29... kindly help... i am a defensive player relying mostly on drop shots and deep clears... but with gud players i smash out too equally... have had a MP22 .. head heavy.. 2U ... didnt quite like it... 3U goes well with me...

do help out pls...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.