Aerosensa - 10 or 20 & mavis 370, which 1 better?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by stanley85, Jan 24, 2009.

1. stanley85

stanley85 Regular Member

Not considering the durability of the shuttlecocks, which 1 is better?
    AS - 10 & AS - 20
    or
    mavis 370
    :confused:

I wanted to buy the shuttlecocks but wondering will the cheap feature shuttlecock still perform better than the high-end nylon shuttlecocks (without considering durability)?

Thank you.

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    In terms of quality etc yes, the Aerosensas will be better. In terms of longevity, obviously, the Mavis synthetics would be better. How similar in price to AS20s are AS3s? They sound considerably worse but are in fact, the "practise model" of AS30.

3. stanley85

stanley85 Regular Member

so which means if i want to have a better quality but not longevity, then even the cheapest feature shuttlecocks still perform better than the mavis shuttlecocks?

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    As long as they're not the really cheap ones (Tesco Active equipment or something), then yes. Also, I'd avoid Head and Wilson shuttles like the plague; they're not particularly cheap, have no durability and their flight isn't that great either. Decathlon's own brand shuttles (not sure if you have Decathlon in Scotland) are incredibly cheap £7 a dozen but surprisingly good. Not like Yonex F-90s or anything but when you consider one tube of F-90s equates to more than 4 tubs of Decathlon shuttles, they're really quite good.

5. stanley85

stanley85 Regular Member

hmm...looks like if i want to consider a better playing quality shuttlecocks then It is always better to have ""feather"" shuttlecocks instead of getting nylon shuttlecocks..even it's low-end feather shuttlecocks.

Thank you.

***sorry for the wrong spelling of feather (feature) in earlier post.