User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be surprised that a small family-size outfit can make better feather shuttlecocks that some of the branded names, and they cost much less. Their advantage is their small size and their made-to-order mode of manufacture, which assures you get the freshest feathers and not something you buy from a feathers trading house. One of the important factors that affects shuttle quality is the freshness of the shuttles. Shuttles that are stored, whether in a warehouse, in transit, in a dealer's or distributor's warehouse, or even in a player's own home, for an extended period of time will play poorly even if they are the top grade.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttles'OEM View Post
    hi,"oldhand", what you said is true in a sense also.
    i am in badminton business and production and have some comments on these so called "BWF" certified shuttles.

what i observed that RSL Tourney no.1 is made of grade A or B chiguya(ya means duck in mandarin) with taiwanese 14mm fiber. Normally 3 to 4 pcs for a set 21point double by professional players. I have seen 2 state players (malaysia) used one whole tube for a 21pt hard single games.

conclusion: shuttles is good but is not good enough for international games

And the apacs flight 700, initially it was good when launched in march 2008 which used the top grade goose feathers to show it was value for money to attract more customers,but now feb 2009, what i found is that all are grade B or C goose feather and mix with grade B chiguya duck feathers shuttles and the speed of flight is not consistent with the range from 76 to 81 which have bad QC on the shuttles. some are fast and some are damn slow.

With a pc of top grade goose feather shuttle sure you can finish 1 hard double 21pt game (without chopping on feathers seriously).
    But the apacs-flight700's grade has been downgraded to Grade C , 2 to 3 pcs are needed but with mixing of duck feather shuttles 3 to 5 pcs are needed for sure.

Then please tell me, are these branded shuttles good?
    The samples they sent to BWF associations for observation sure are those best grade shuttles and what end users buy's is totally different.

Shuttles'OEM. Can you tell how many Yonex shuttlecocks(AS40) will be used for a set of 21 points double by professional players?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pls note that the Yonex AS-50 feather shuttles used in major BWF tournaments are the freshest AS-50 shuttles and not your run-of-the-mill AS-50 you get from the shops which may have been in storage for an extended period of time. If you need to dip your feathers in water to play well (especially in cold and dry conditions) then your shuttles are just too old. Do you see Super Series tournaments resort to dipping shuttles in water before play, even in Europe and N. America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found the BWF approved list helpful in looking at different shuttles that my club could use. I have just finished testing 5 of the tubes that was mentioned and all were pretty durable and consistent in flight. The benifit of the list is that you don't waste time and money trying out shuttles that are junk.
    I looked at the BWF list due to the increase price of Yonex - pleasantly surprised by some of them.

Wilson Topline 100's were okay, as were the ashaway int.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    One of the important factors that affects shuttle quality is the freshness of the shuttles. Shuttles that are stored, whether in a warehouse, in transit, in a dealer's or distributor's warehouse, or even in a player's own home, for an extended period of time will play poorly even if they are the top grade.
    not true.

i bought a bulk order of 200 tubes of yangyang 300B back in 2003. I still have 30 or so tubes or so. they have been kept in storage room away from heat.

they are the only shuttles i used and they play like new, at least as good if not better than most other shuttles, and today still matching AS50 flight quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the xumax. it feels heavy on the racket. Smashes tend to be really fast and harder to return. It's like a flying bullet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bros, how come no Pro ace shutter PT-10 mention above ?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akrylik View Post
    I hate the xumax. it feels heavy on the racket. Smashes tend to be really fast and harder to return. It's like a flying bullet.
    That's probably because you have gotten used to a 'lighter' shuttle.
    If so, when you switch to a regulation-weight shuttle, it will feel heavier.

The point to note is that the Xumax X1 is NOT heavier.
    It's just that you now feel it is so

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Bros, how come no Pro ace shutter PT-10 mention above ?
    Protech's PT-10 is a good, popular, economical shuttle.
    But the BWF hasn't cited it for international tournaments.
    That's why it isn't on the BWF Approved List.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    not true.

i bought a bulk order of 200 tubes of yangyang 300B back in 2003. I still have 30 or so tubes or so. they have been kept in storage room away from heat.

they are the only shuttles i used and they play like new, at least as good if not better than most other shuttles, and today still matching AS50 flight quality.
    200 and you still have 30 left!? Does that mean you use ~28 tubes/yr?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah if you look at my post, I wrost "feels" heavier. This is probably due to the different composition and shuttle stiffness. My point is that I don't like this shuttle. I play regularly with the AS30, 40, RSL #1, and I don't like the Xumax X1...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akrylik View Post
    This is typical of cheaper feathers shuttles. The reason is the use of an all synthetic cork as the base. Synthetic corks have slower recovery rate, meaning the shuttle base turns around slower, after a shot, and follows a more parabola path, like a plastic but less so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

among all the shuttle oldhand mention which of the shuutle is the cheapest?that bwf use

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That means..

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    200 and you still have 30 left!? Does that mean you use ~28 tubes/yr?
    ..the birdies haven't lost their quality but are also very durable (despite being stored over the yrs).....or maybe kwun needs to go out and play and kill more birdies..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    not true.

Feathers have natural oils. They also use different types of glue, some for strength and others for shock-absorption. These dry out over time and will not be as good as new. Of course storage conditions are important factors, but they cannot arrest its decline over time. It is not possible that 6 year old shuttle can play as well as when it was new.
    You will notice that the tube containing a dozen feather shuttles has an aluminum foil inside and a film-wrap outside. They go a long way to keep the feathers in good condition over a reasonable time, but not for an extended period of time. The tube is not a vacuum. Cheap training shuttles do not have an aluminum inner foil/lining.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh feather shuttlecocks are water-proof and should not be steamed or dipped in water prior to play. However, older shuttles will benefit with steaming.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Feathers have natural oils. They also use different types of glue, some for strength and others for shock-absorption. These dry out over time and will not be as good as new. Of course storage conditions are important factors, but they cannot arrest its decline over time. It is not possible that 6 year old shuttle can play as well as when it was new.
    well, it does. every tube that i have plays as well as other top quality feathers that other people bring into the court.

i don't have any theory for it. but i know that your theory don't hold any water (or oil, in this case. )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast