some injury some wounds

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by saifiii, Jan 24, 2009.

1. saifiii

saifiii Regular Member

i want to know what is the right technique to lunge so that i can prevent internal bleeding in my heel and a physical stress related pain in my shin, both of which are really hindering my game now.
    i get cracked heels in dry weather, if that's of any help. Im using decent shoes so they r not the problem as many other players i play with are also playing with them
    the doctor tells me that my vessels get fissures whenever there is hard impact

2. OSFcross

OSFcross Regular Member

Registered Nurse
    Bleeding? Oh wow... Are you sure you should be even playing badminton? What did your doctor say about this? Some joint and muscle pains on the lunge is one thing, bleeding is on a whole other level.

3. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Are you lunging heel-to-toe and following through with the rest of your body (physics tells us that this reduces impact due to Impulse). Anyway, if your heels are the problem, badminton might be difficult for you unless you manage to lunge on only your toes. You could try some really soft gel soles in your shoes as well. Other than that, high impact on your heels are unavoidable in badminton, the so-called "Power Cushion" that Yonex advertises specifically addresses the impact on your heels. I would hold off on the badminton for a while if it's that serious, or maybe quit altogether. =/ Health comes first.

4. tanta58

tanta58 Regular Member

Mayb to prevent heel crack on dry weater u can try usin sme cream/lotion to apply to ur heel....as for the internal bleedin in ur heel.....oh man tat sounds serious to mi :eek::eek:

5. saifiii

saifiii Regular Member

internal bleeding that turns out like a small bruise on the surface, the blood vessels near the skin sort of get slightly punctured. this bruise only hurts while lunging and yes im lunging heel to toe.
    is it the ceramic tile floor that could be a cause for this?
    P.S dont think internal bleed was the right choice of words, by the reaction for it. cause if u look at my heel, it appears like tiny red dots under the skin