User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which current mens doubles pair have the strongest defence?

Which current mens doubles pair in your opinion have the strongest defence? I did a search on this but could not find any relevant thread.

My vote does to Jung Jae Sung and Lee Yong Dae after watching this pair's performance in the 2009 Malaysian Open Semi Finals and Finals. I have never seen a mens doubles pair who lifts the shuttle so frequent in their matches and 'tempt' the opponents to smash at them. And you could see the opponents' frustration when they failed to penetrate the defence of JJS/LYD.
    Last edited by Sealman; 01-26-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say TBH and KKK pair has a great defense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Which current mens doubles pair in your opinion have the strongest defence? I did a search on this but could not find any relevant thread.

My vote does to Jung Jae Sung and Lee Yong Dae after watching this pair's performance in the 2009 Malaysian Open Semi Finals and Finals. I have never seen a mens doubles pair who lifts the shuttle so frequent in their matches and 'tempt' the opponents to smash at them. And you could see the opponents' frustration when they failed to penetrate the defence of JJS/LYD.
    koreans are super strong in basic skills. Defense is no doubt one of their strongest attribute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShuttleCocks View Post
    im passionate enough to support ur claim!
    However,we could obviously see how they'd lost the 'defence skill' as faster as they got it in court.work on that first,then i'll acknowledge their defence skill.

Overally,They rock!that's undeniable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    im passionate enough to support ur claim!
    However,we could obviously see how they'd lost the 'defence skill' as faster as they got it in court.work on that first,then i'll acknowledge their defence skill.

Overally,They rock!that's undeniable.
    Well they were unbelieveable in 07 and seemed unstopable ! But ya they lost it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post

You need to watch this video clip between: KDM/HTG vs. YYS/LDS
    2000(?) All England Final (And if you time, try to watch 2004 Olympic MD Final btw the same pairs.)

Then you might know why JSS/LYD have THE DEFENSE like this:

2007 All England against CW/TG (In the opposite side, they lost the rally, though. But in 2008, JJS/LYD gets the title of All England.)

Ha Tae Gwon and Lee Dong Soo are currently coaching MD and XD respectively, in Team Korea.

And FYI, KDM/HTG was WR #1 in 2004, as current WR#1 is JJS/LYD in MD.
    Last edited by narnia; 01-26-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote also goes to JJS/LYD. In the TUC final 2008, they beat FHF/CY. Their defence was so strong especially at the last point. One of them able to return the smash half court by FHF. Other than that, sometimes when I watch their matches, myself think that this shuttlecock is unable to save, opponent's smash is too deep, but unexpected they have saved it! Sometimes, the shuttlecock even nearly reaches the floor, but they do create miracle, they saved it!! Nevertheless, I think that LYD's defence is better than JJS. Although LYD will make mistakes too, but I think JJS makes more mistakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    My vote also goes to JJS/LYD. In the TUC final 2008, they beat FHF/CY. Their defence was so strong especially at the last point. One of them able to return the smash half court by FHF. Other than that, sometimes when I watch their matches, myself think that this shuttlecock is unable to save, opponent's smash is too deep, but unexpected they have saved it! Sometimes, the shuttlecock even nearly reaches the floor, but they do create miracle, they saved it!! Nevertheless, I think that LYD's defence is better than JJS. Although LYD will make mistakes too, but I think JJS makes more mistakes
    Right. The worst returns from JJS sometimes fly over the net even when his opponent is still at the front. There seems a tendency for a strong smasher not to have a sense of sharp control especially at the front-net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShuttleCocks View Post

Maybe at their prime, but not anymore. Their game has went from consistency and sharpness to show boat and fanciness.

The current pair with the strongest defense, I would say that it's Korean pair of JJS/LYD. Not only do they have strong defense, but LYD is very good at converting defense to offense and intercept very well at the front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree that JJS and LYD have superb defense skills. Not only defend..but they defend with a purpose and have defending strategies. 2nd.. i would go for KKK/TBH. Zakry and Fairuz are not bad either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KKK/TBH, according to some poster here, with all their gold rings, bracelets, chains, pendants for good fengshui, should have a pretty decent defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    KKK/TBH, according to some poster here, with all their gold rings, bracelets, chains, pendants for good fengshui, should have a pretty decent defense.

LOL... but the truth is that KKK/TBH does have decent defense(just like the defensive excuses their fans can come up with), but as far as best defense is concerned, I have to say the Korean pair Lee/Jung(especially Lee Yong Dae's amazing reflexes when it comes to returning half court smashes).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

current form i'll rate lyd/jjs...
    but my vote goes to my kkk/tbh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    LOL... but the truth is that KKK/TBH does have decent defense(just like the defensive excuses their fans can come up with), but as far as best defense is concerned, I have to say the Korean pair Lee/Jung(especially Lee Yong Dae's amazing reflexes when it comes to returning half court smashes).
    Agreed. Amazing. He seems to know the way of bird and reversely he also knows where he should send it when he attacks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Agreed. Amazing. He seems to know the way of bird and reversely he also knows where he should send it when he attacks.
    I read it from some chinese articles, they say LYD is a 'genius player'

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Um, this would describe any decently skilled international doubles player.
    If he couldn't do these, he wouldn't survive even a single rally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    His zodiac year is ox.So,with the gold rings, bracelets, chains, pendants for good fengshui, plus his zodiac will enhance the skill.True?
    Come join the team,Pemuda.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast