Fujitsu laptop's shortcut keys

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by suetyan, Jan 26, 2009.

1. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Anyone using Fujitsu laptop here?? There are four shortcut keys at the top there, but I don't know how to use it. By just clicking one of the shortcut keys, it does not have any response :confused: I went to control panel, but unable to find the shortcut keys option also :( Actually I bought this laptop for quite a long time, but last time I don't want to bother the keys, so just do nothing to it. Today, I suddenly wonder how to use it and where to insert the shortcuts. Too bad cannot find the solutions :( Hope some Fujitsu users can provide some helps :D

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Fujitsu has dozens of notebook models.
    Which one is yours?
    Merely saying you bought it a long time ago doesn't help.

For instance, if it's the LifeBook P8010, it too has four shortcut keys.
    (Do they have blue LEDs with symbols?)

Key 1 leads to the Support Center. This is for updating your drivers, query-based troubleshooting and finding tests for your RAM, hard drive, networking, etc.

Key 2 is for power management. You can adjust power consumption by adjusting brightness, and turning off cards, card readers, Wi-Fi and FireWire.

Key 3 is for presentation output settings. You can save your settings for screen size and resolution (depending on the projector you hook up to).

Key 4 is an internet shortcut. I have no idea why you need this at all.

Anyway, these keys can be assigned to other applications. So, if you use MS Word often, assign a key to it - you can then load it in one press :)

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

My model is S7211. When I click on the button of the shortcut keys, they are not responding :confused: Are the buttons have problems?? :confused:

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so, is your problem solved now btw?

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Is your laptop using OEM OS right now?
    2) If not, did you load the driver for the short cut key? If yes, did you set the key function?