Fake Yonex Nanospeed 7000 - Restring?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by lin013190, Jan 27, 2009.

1. lin013190

lin013190 Regular Member

Is there anything against it? Would restringing it be better?

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

- you have no idea if it will take the restring. it could break. the list goes on. do whatever you want. if you restring yourself, heck, give it a try. however, if you pt 13+ for labor and more for string, you might as well save for a bit longer, and try to purchase a genuine racket. doesn't have to be yonex.

that is my two cents.

#2 jymbalaya, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  3. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

well if you like how the racket feels, sure why not? no harm in doing so.
    but if u have this phobia for fakes and dont feel that it'd perform to ur expectations then its up to u.
    IMHO, play around with the racket, see if u like it, then if u think it performs the way u want it to, keep using it and string it to ur personal preference. GL

4. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Based on your location (somewhere), I can't give you any opinion. For your concern, since I'm thinking positive mostly xD, restringing fake doesn't mean destroying it, there are some good fake out there. So what do you think of your fake is important.

Second, the price for the string should be counted in too. If you live in countries with high GNP, I'd say you'd expect very expensive restringing cost. This way, I'd ask you, do you like the feel of your fake racket? If you don't then, consider putting it into a display, since it really doesn't worth it. There are many low end racket from varying manufacturer, which might give you better feel. If you like it, why not? Use it till it's last breath :D

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i know people who have fake racquets who actually prefer them over the originals, it's all a matter of personal choice. they've restrung those racquets numerous times now with no problems, although i don't know what tensions they are on.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re-string is like memory upgrade for PC, it's the cheaper way to boost up the performance. Depend on the quality (and price) of your racket, you need to make a decision how much you willing to spend and how high of tension you want to try.

Overall, yes, it worth to take a try. Whether the end result will make you satisfy, it depends. ;)

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Great analogy.

I suppose natural gut is like having 8GB of high end enthusiast DDR3 RAM and stock strings are like 512MB of generic DDR1. You need to make a decision as to how much performance you want from your strings and balance that to how much you want to pay.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..based on the analogy, i better hope the result will make me happy/satisfied (why else would i want an upgrade?)...at least that's how the logic goes..;)