Gia Dinh Sports - Order Status

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by MrChrisBT, Jan 28, 2009.

1. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Great, after hearing all the good word about Gia Dinh Sports, I decided to order from them. We had very clear and thorough discussion and negotiations about the order. It was clarified many times, two Karakal M-tec 70 rackets and two Karakal Super PU grips.

Today, I received two M-tec 80 rackets, without cases. The cases, aren't a big issue... but the rackets, ON THE OTHER HAND. Are a monstrous issue. I received two of the wrong model (80 rather than 70). I'm ordering one for a friend, so this is a big issue. I cannot give my friend the wrong racket.

This is clearly a very poorly organized business as far as the ability to be precise on their part goes. Right now, I've emailed Gia Dinh, to sort things out.

I figured I'd publisize a mistake, after all it's good to be honest.

Now, what you must consider once again:

- Ordered M-tec 70s
    - Received M-tec 80s
    - No cases? (Unsure if that was also an error, rackets always come with their case)
    - Crystal clear communications on my part, yet they still screw up
    - Still waiting for the Karakal Super PU grips, will the cases come in a box with those?

And now in conclusion:
    What do you think?

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

u think you should think about where to put this. i figure that this could possible go in the market place forum. are you complaining about a racket, grips, or a store?

the best you can do is use more of you crystal clear communication to talk to them. point out your order. if they deny any wrong doing, try to point out faults. if worst comes to worst, cancel the payment, and stay away in the future.

3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

wow ....... thanks for the info.

but, please discuss again why this happened, if it is seller's fault then seller should replace with the correct one and absorb the return cost of the wrong one ...

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Thread moved to the Market Place.

The mixup sounds awful and quite silly too.
    Hope they get it sorted out for you, MrChrisBT :)

5. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Yes, it would be the sellers fault, the final decision was to buy the Karakal M-tec 70. I never even mentioned the M-tec 80 once, so it was either a mistake or an attempt at making an extra couple of bucks because it is a cheaper racket.

jymbalaya: Yes, I think this belongs in Marketplace. Where's the 'move category' feature located?

6. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Thank you for the relocation, Oldhand

7. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    Simple mistake

Hi Chris....GDS just received your email about the shipping error...
    It would have been nice if you allowed GDS a chance to rectify the error first...
    This is not the first error GDS has made and I am sure it will not be the last...BUT, Gia Dinh Sports will always make it right if given the CHANCE...
    Please accept my public apology and rest assured GDS will make it right for you....
    Sincerely
    Gia Dinh Sports

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

well, at least the problem is going to be rectified. that is refreshing to know.
    now i am wondering, why is GDS speaking in third person.....

9. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Because I am speaking on behalf of the company....:D BTW, Chris has already been emailed to return the rackets cod and that the correct ones will be mailed out morning USA time without waiting for return of the wrong rackets....We are distributor and selling worldwide....When selling a lot of product there will always be mistakes made and the best to be hoped for is to make the mistake right for the customer....

10. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Well done. Now I know where to buy Karakal goods. :):):)

11. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Great response, Karakalkat :)

Personally, I've never bought sporting goods online.
    This might just help change my mind.

12. hamusta

hamusta Regular Member

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to shared my experience with GDS.

I only recently purchased a Karakal Mtec 70 from GDS. Sunny (BC user:Karakalkat) was recommended to me by others on BC. He was fast and clear in our email communications. Shipping was great (3days)! No problems with products! I got the Mtec 70 strung in a nice case with free PU grip already wrapped on. The parcel was well packed and well presented.

Overall a great company and awesome products! Would purchase from them again!

Thanks

David.

13. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Sunny (Karakalkat) saves the day! So, everything has been dealt with. I've sent back the rackets and we've worked everything out. They'll get their merchandise back and I'll get what I initially wanted. The reason they don't ship cases in most instances is due to the additional weight. It is very likely to have been an honest mistake from the middleman.

I wonder if somebody got my order by mistake sometimes. Funny thought

14. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Thank you Chris for your patience.....We thought of switched orders and checked....No one got your order by mistake...I was really afraid that was what happened...:eek::D
    Thanks to everyone on BCF for your understanding...
    Karakalkat

15. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    I received the rackets on Wednesday, priority shipping took ~4 days. Good work! Right now they are being strung. One with BG-85, one with Nanogy 95. We'll see how it turns out.

16. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    re;GIA DINH SPORTS.
    hi guys , i am in australia and have brought from here ( Sunny ) twice before , have found his information excellent and very helpful and fast response , have chosen the rackets on his advise and he was spot on each time , first purchase was for an EL 1 and a ns 7 , from order to delivery was 4 days . second order for EL2 and nanao 5000 plus 3 yang yang grips and karakal grips were again good , even string colours were what i asked for, again 4 days delivery, he also gave me extra grip as 1 was damaged on first order. his prices are very good and i recommend to anyone .
    Another player at my club has brought about 6 karakal rackets here , and he also has no complaints.
    I have been using yonex ,mp 100, arcsabre 10, but having to pay over $200 AUD per racket and getting factory set tension compared to a yang yang at $110 - 130 AUD with tension i want , i will be doing all my shopping with Gia dinh sports