Danish Mens Doubles

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by JR, Aug 6, 2002.

1. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Hi everybody!!!

I was wondering what your oppinion is about the danish mens doubles vs. the english mens doubles and tha asian pairings???

Please visit my homepage www.sitecenter.dk/jrfanklub and use the messageboard, which works about the same way as this one!!

I´ll be happy to anwser any of your questions!!

I´m currently playing with Lars Paaske and we´re ranked no. 4 in the world!!

Kind Regards

Jonas Rasmussen

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Jonas,

welcome to BF! nice to see you around! i hope you will come back often to chat with us badminton fanatics.

kwun

ps. btw, no pulling my customers. ;)

3. JR

JR Regular Member

Sorry!!!

Hi Kwun!!

I was hoping we could cooperate and maybe exchange links!!!

I´ll definitely put a link to badminton center on my fansite!!

If you´re interested you can join my mailinglist and receive information every time I play an international match against some of the toughest players in the world!!!

I hope you´ll recommend my site to your friends!!!!!

Kind Regards

Jonas

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ;) no problems. i will add a link to your page.

again, i hope you come back and chat with us often. it will be extremely cool to hear and discuss with you first-person about your matches. perhaps you can make a cross post of your maillist content in here?

i have been to your site a few times, often finding myself lost amongst the Danish! :(

5. JR

JR Regular Member

English Version

I´m working on the english part and has so far only hired one person to do the translation for me.

In September I´m going to study english and communication and maybe I can find someone who will do the whole page in english for me then!!!

Yes, I can send a newsletter to the page!! Can I send it to you?? It´ll easy my work a lot if I don´t have to write it twice. Then you can post it on the page!!

Or maybe I can get my friend to translate and post it directly on the page!!

Can I get your e-mail address??

Jonas

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Jonas,

after you've studied English and communication, then wouldn't you be able to write the whole page in English yourself? :)

i actually prefer it if you post your newsletter using your own username. that will make it much more personal and other will then be able to address their feedback and comments to you!

do you mean your newsletter is written in Danish?? i don't know a word of Danish myself. :(

i will send you my email. i prefer not to post it here!

7. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Yes... I got rather lost.. in all that danish.... (maybe because I don't know danish! hehe) ...... I made out some words! BadmintonKlub = Badminton Club! and galleri = gallery Hehe.. but thats about all I made out..

Oh yea... I have a suggestion! Did you ever think of creating a chat room?

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Danish doubles

Regading the Danish pairs, this autumn we will really see what the new pairings are worth. But the potential is great, as we have already seen in some tournaments. Especially Jens Erikssen and Martin Lundgaard have performed well already. I have high hopes for that pairing, although in my opinion they are both very "moody" players. If they play well, they beat anyone, but if they play bad they can play really bad... They seem to work good together already though: Martin is solid at the back, and gives Jens enough court space to fly about in his characteristic style... In the long run, I think they will stay posted as a top 5 pair.

And the Paaske/Rasmussen combo looks promising too, once they get used to each other. The few matches I've watched (like the Danish Championships) there were quite a number of misunderstandings about positioning etc... Maybe not quite synchronized yet! This pair also seems to be made up of two similar players: fast, fantastic at the net, good defenders... Paaske is in par with Kim/Ha when it comes to crouch-style counter attacks... But perhaps this pair lacks a bit of fire-power? And I know Jonas has been working on that serve... We'll see! :)

Laugesen and Larsen: well, I'm not too sure about this pair. Jim Laugesen is a good player with very good attacking shots, but he seems unstable? And Jesper Larsen, well, I always thought he was the weak link in the Eriksen/Larsen pairing... On a personal level, they both seem happier in this combo than their previous though. I think this is a top 10 pair, but perhaps not a top 5.

Søgaard and Lamp: I'm actually a bit worried... they haven't done too well in the few tournaments they've played. Are we seeing the end of Michael Søgaard's career? I sure hope not. He's still moving like a teenager on court! Maybe this pair is just having initial problems? On paper, this pair should work better than they have yet: Lamp is an extreme hard-hitter and Søgaard is a tactical mastermind with an almost impenetrable defense.... What's wrong, I wonder?

All in all, I think the English pairs shouldn't be too much of a problem for the Danes during the coming season. The pairs to beat are instead -- as usual -- Candra/Sigit, Kim/Ha, and Lee/Yoo...

#8 Mag, Aug 7, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2002
  9. JR

JR Regular Member

Chat!!

Hi!!

There is a chat link on the site!!!

Just click the messageboard and I can answer any of your questions!!

You´ll also be in contact with players and fans from around the world with time!!

Be sure to try it out, I´ll definitely answer your questions!!

Jonas

10. JR

JR Regular Member

Re: Danish doubles

Hi Mag!!

I was wondering if I can use your statement of the danish mens doubles on my homepage www.sitecenter.dk/jrfanklub ??

By the way my serve has improve a lot and we´ve beaten some of the top 10 pairings from Korea and China!!

Yours

Jonas

11. Phil

Phil Regular Member

Lawyer
    Haha, I think kwun is a little excited. :)

It's good to have an international player on the boards now. Is this the first time a player of this calibre has come on?

Phil

12. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

Re: Re: Danish doubles

Hi Jonas,

Have you played the Malaysian pairs? It will be interesting to see you guys playing against Chan-Chew.

whizkelv

13. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Re: Re: Danish doubles

Of course, you are welcome to quote me in any way you want. :)

I'm really looking forward to your and Paaske's participation in this season's tournaments. Don't get me wrong, of all the new Danish pairings, I personally think that your pairing is the one that has most promise for the future!

14. JR

JR Regular Member

Re: Re: Re: Danish doubles

Thank You Mag!!

Please let me know if you have any good ideas I can use on my website!!

Jonas

15. JR

JR Regular Member

Re: Re: Re: Danish doubles

No, but I´ve played almost everybody else!!

Kim/Ha, Sigit/Wijaya, Lee/Yoo and Fook/Lee(Mal.)

I´ve beaten Lee/Yoo twice and Chen Qique/Liu Yong and Cheng Rui/Wang Wei both China are also on my winninglist!!

Please try my fansite and click on messageboard!!!

Kind Regards

Jonas

16. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Danish doubles

Hi Jonas,

I'm very happy that you've joined this forum. You have certainly made a lot of us - including myself - feel very exciting that a well known badminton player like yourself is chatting with us. Welcome Jonas.

Thank you very much for willing to answer any questions that we may leave on your messageboard. Do you think that if we post English messages on your messageboard, they may appear out of place? When I checked your board this morning, all messages posted are in Danish.

In the future, will there be 2 messagseboards (one Danish Messageboard and one English Messageboard) in your website? Having 2 forums (instead of 1 forum that consists of 2 languages) may benefit people who are stronger in English and people who are stronger in Danish. People can then participate in forums where they can understand most of the dicussions.

Just like chinabadminton.com, there is a Chinese Forum and an English Forum. Unforutnately, not too many people seem to be participating in the English Forum :(.

17. JR

JR Regular Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Danish doubles

Hi Edwin!!

That sounds like a good idea to make two separate forums/chats!!

For the moment feel free to use existing messageboard until we change it into two different boards!!

Thank you very much!! It´always nice to get some respons good or bad about what we´re doing on the site!!!

Jonas

18. klaphat

klaphat Regular Member

Jonas..

You wrote "what we're doing on the site".

Just out of curiousity.. how many are you working on the site..?

19. JR

JR Regular Member

Hi Klaphat!!

At the moment we´re three persons working on the site!!

But there is always room for one more and there will be other things to do in the future if you´re interested???

I can see you´re from Denmark!!

Jonas

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    invitation

Rexy "AKA Jonas"

nice to see you around.
    I have some questions I wonder if you could answer.
    They appear in this thread
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6208

Basically, most of us amateurs only get to see the badminton players at tournaments. So i thought out those questions to try see how top players cope with other issues that we have to contend with. :cool: