YANG YANG Xtralite Range

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bradmyster, Jan 29, 2009.

1. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    when i was playing nationals a couple of years ago my coach sponsored me with yang yang gear. So i used the YANG YANG Xtra Lite #9 rackets i think it was....they were the latest ones worth about $250 at the time i think..thats AU dollers.

just wondering how people rate YANG YANG compared to yonex and other brandings and how people think the Xtra Lite range in particular are?

I really like lighter rackets. my technique provides more accuracy then power..but because im quite a large guy (build wise not fatness) i still pull a large amount of power. So i dont need heavy or stiffer rackets to give me a power advantage.

any recommendations on newer rackets similiar than to the Xtra lite range of yang yang? or stick with these?

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

extra lite 9? it only goes up to seven on the yang yang site.
    well, If you like it, there is no reason to switch. Yang yang rackets are good quality.
    One of mine, a Smash power 18, was deemed indestructible by my team. however, ymmv. I think they are good in general.

if you feel like a change is warranted, think about the Kason superlight range, the karakal superlights. they are all good rackets. I can say the Kasons are good quality. Carvel, Swift, Spry, Legerity, Leptons. however, they might not be for you. try before you buy

#2 jymbalaya, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  3. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    just ran upstairs and had a look and yes it is the 7!!!

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    As said, if you like it, stick with it. If you want a change, I recommend the Karakal MTec 70.