User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Taufik Hidayat - The Independent Pro

Singles magician Taufik Hidayat has cut himself loose from the Indonesian Badminton Association (the PBSI - Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia).

He says he had planned to quit the national camp as early as in 2004, after he won the MS gold at the Athens Olympic Games.

Although Hidayat will no longer play under the Indonesian team banner, he will continue his international competitive career as an Indonesian player. "I will never play for another country," he said, perhaps in a reference to many Indonesian pros who have donned competitive jerseys for other nations

The Jakarta Globe and Badzine have details.

So, will the 27-year-old be able to pull off a few giant victories in his new independent role?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to have a new fresh thread for Taufik.I mean it looks rather pathetic to discuss his acquittal from PBSI in "taufik Hidayat's getting worse" thread.

Good Luck Taufik!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post

So, will the 27-year-old be able to pull off a few giant victories in his new independent role?
    Now,it'll take us a year to come with a conclusion.The comeback.He had proved it in the past.I'll stay with my positive-minded attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha, as i've said in previous thread, i knew without googling help, pbsi won'r blink this time around. He play only for INA? of course, he pissed off UK and Canada already Beside, all his drinking buddies are back home.

koo fan, u said about a TH comeback. From what reason? look at chen hong, wang chen, zhou mi, etc, what big title have they've won after quitting national team? Who is TH gonna spar with in practice? with mulyo? with his daughter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well,he wouldnt be called as a genius badboy for no reason.
    Dont worry.i wouldnt cheer his 'upcoming' comeback like mad.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It wouldn't be fair to equate Taufik with Chen Hong.
    They are a league apart... and Taufik stands higher

Indonesian fans have no reason to dislike what Taufik did.
    If anything, he has done both the nation and the sport proud.
    After all, Taufik won for Indonesia one of its 6 Olympic golds.

Yes, the question remains - can he do better as an independent?

Obviously, a second Olympic gold is practically out of sight.
    But not a hugely prestigious title like the All England Open.

If a 30+ Peter Gade can humble the current World # 1, why would it be difficult to hope that a 27+ Taufik can make his way back to the peak?

Determination is a wonderful thing... especially when mixed with a bit of suppressed anger and wounded pride. Perhaps Taufik still has a new trick(shot) up his sleeve

--------------

PS: I thought Zhou Mi is doing rather well for a breakaway

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up All the Best to Taufik Hidayat as an independent professional player

Singles magician Taufik Hidayat has cut himself loose from the Indonesian Badminton Association (the PBSI - Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia).

He says he had planned to quit the national camp as early as in 2004, after he won the MS gold at the Athens Olympic Games.

Although Hidayat will no longer play under the Indonesian team banner, he will continue his international competitive career as an Indonesian player. "I will never play for another country," he said, perhaps in a reference to many Indonesian pros who have donned competitive jerseys for other nations

The Jakarta Globe and Badzine have details.

IMHO, this is wonderful news for Badminton; Taufik Hidayat to become an independent professional player.

Hopefully, Yonex will still be his sponsor. Perhaps, Taufik can even get some big sponsorship from other companies, for example from Airlines, Banks, Car Companies, Television Manufacturers, etc...

If Taufik can make it big on his own, more players might want to follow him. Then, Badminton would follow sports like Tennis, Soccer, Golf, Basketball, etc... where players are independent from their National Associations.

Hope that Taufik can do well at the Super Series Tournaments, the Asian Badminton Championships and the World Championships on his own. And if he is performing well, I am sure PBSI would, without hesitation, include him in any Inter-Nations events, such as the Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, ASEAN Games, Asian Games, etc...

All the Best to Taufik Hidayat as an independent professional player.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-30-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another popular thread in making imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't be fair to equate Taufik with Chen Hong.
    They are a league apart... and Taufik stands higher

Indonesian fans have no reason to dislike what Taufik did.
    If anything, he has done both the nation and the sport proud.
    After all, Taufik won for Indonesia one of its 6 Olympic golds.

Yes, the question remains - can he do better as an independent?

Obviously, a second Olympic gold is practically out of sight.
    But not a hugely prestigious title like the All England Open.

If a 30+ Peter Gade can humble the current World # 1, why would it be difficult to hope that a 27+ Taufik can make his way back to the peak?

Determination is a wonderful thing... especially when mixed with a bit of suppressed anger and wounded pride. Perhaps Taufik still has a new trick(shot) up his sleeve

--------------

PS: I thought Zhou Mi is doing rather well for a breakaway
    well, i never said what TH had done isn't brave. I agree with his action. It's about time actually. He milked pbsi long enough

PG is different, he doesn't smoke or drink(ie clubbing), and PG actually trains really hard

well, i hope TH has some hidden trick because he can't use pbsi as an excuse anymore

about zhou mi? I knew u would say that My two reasons, she still got training/sparring with KLRC, and titles she won is mostly from absence of china team. Unless TH join KLRC, how is he gonna sweat? Can he join KLRC and still play for INA?
    Last edited by cooler; 01-30-2009 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm,..to be honest, ZM actually won more titles when CHN team participated..
    eg: in 2008, she beat lu lan for the KO title..then she won the china masters too..i remember she beat some chinese player en route to win the title..there are still many more i think..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    hmm,..to be honest, ZM actually won more titles when CHN team participated..
    eg: in 2008, she beat lu lan for the KO title..then she won the china masters too..i remember she beat some chinese player en route to win the title..there are still many more i think..
    it's was based on my mental extrapolation. What if ZM gotten no training at KLRC, how well would she do??? Now extend that corollary to TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Taufik should still be able to play for INA if he joins KLRC

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post

Can he join KLRC and still play for INA?

Taufik should still be able to play for INA if he joins KLRC. I would expect KLRC is already talking to Taufik about it. Perhaps, some clubs from Japan, Denmark, Germany, etc... could also be chasing him for contracts.

Professional Soccer players, Basketballers, Cricketers, etc... train and play for clubs overseas. And when Inter-Nations events are scheduled, these players would be called home by their National Associations to form their national teams.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    it's was based on my mental extrapolation. What if ZM gotten no training at KLRC, how well would she do??? Now extend that corollary to TH
    ZN , Chinese Taipeh team,JR/LP did not train at KLRC................no wonder you got it wrong since it is not on google....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Taufik should still be able to play for INA if he joins KLRC. I would expect KLRC is already talking to Taufik about it. Perhaps, some clubs from Japan, Denmark, Germany, etc... could also be chasing him for contracts.

Professional Soccer players, Basketballers, Cricketers, etc... train and play for clubs overseas. And when Inter-Nations events are scheduled, these players would be called home by their National Associations to form their national teams.
    Dont worry!!..few sponsorhips are on the way...TH agency is mighty IMG..even with Yonex, he gets 6 figures already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post

thx, he can sure use the practice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH still belongs to a local club or something so he can spar with competent players right??

I probably don't expect anything majorly positive about TH's future performance, but I don't think he really ever liked PBSI...just based on what I've read and stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Taufik Hidayat is our BBB representing 'Individualism'

Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post

TH still belongs to a local club or something so he can spar with competent players right??

I probably don't expect anything majorly positive about TH's future performance, but I don't think he really ever liked PBSI... just based on what I've read and stuff.

As for individual events like the Super Series Tournaments, some two years ago I was saying that Taufik could break away from PBSI to represent KLRC (Note **). And now it happened as it was predicted.

However, when it comes to Inter-Nations events like the Thomas Cup, the Sudirman Cup, the ASEAN Games, the Asian Games, etc..., I am sure that Taufik would return home to represent INA.

(Note **): Please refer to my reply to Neil Nicholls ... see Post#16 of this thread

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast