User Tag List

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/45hvsadfee/Article/index_html

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

Mew Choo, Pei Tty and Eei Hui should be around for at least another three years while the rest are below 21 and will be the core of the national squad in the next decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Gemini,

When you criticise Pemuda's reply, in our opinion, saying that he dont have the facts to support his view, do you realize that your comments on the Thailand's badminton scenario are also without supporting facts?

For example, whose the ex chinese player, and very qualified coaches (refer on your own post #510) that had been hired by the club to train thais junior players?

Pemuda,

I suspect Lydia Cheah and Gemini are couples.

My goodness... I am almost 2 time Lydia age and i dont think her mother would think kindly of this comment.

Anyway if u want prove...in 2010 take a trip to Thailand Satellite in Trang or Chegmai- u will knowwhat i mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lets put the money where the mouth is

Lets not talk about shoot2. Its so kiddie stuff.

No one is being undermined here.

If A says he/she got the inside info/knowings about the juniors, A's views should be respected. Even if A's view is not accepted. it should be respected.

If B says he/she thinks our juniors are poor in quality, then likewise B's views too should be respected.

Now, as for myself, in my opinion our current juniors shuttlers just dont cut it. They dont have the quality to compete internationally. State level great but international is too big of a step up. Of the current batch, a majority will fade away in a few years time. Those who remained will not make it to a SS semis even.

As for em' Thais, especially Ratchanok, yes, she is talented. But I must say performing at the junior level is one thing, making the grade and staying in the senior level is another. She is like 14/15?? In my opinion, it is way too early to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry X'Mas folks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gemini12 View Post
    My goodness... I am almost 2 time Lydia age and i dont think her mother would think kindly of this comment.

Anyway if u want prove...in 2010 take a trip to Thailand Satellite in Trang or Chegmai- u will knowwhat i mean.
    Lets no drag her mother inside here, gemini.

How good is Thailand in developing its badminton sports, who cares?

You still failed to provide me whose the ex-chinese player, which as u quoted as 'very high qualified' who/ whose coaching thai juniors?

You shouted on Pemuda of his facts are without supportings, how's yours?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

player parent do read post in bc
    thats why uncle gemini mention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys should duke it out on court, single's match. The winner's opinion stays. The loser's, ... a loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keong2 View Post
    You guys should duke it out on court, single's match. The winner's opinion stays. The loser's, ... a loser.
    No la. There are no losers here. We must do away with the kiasu attitude.

hmmm ... a badminton match, eh?

hey Dato Asbullah, you fancy a game of singles with good o' limsy? I think the boy is pretty good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dato, I think Limsy was an ex-youth eerr something player. Singles, very risky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How good is Thailand in developing its badminton sports, who cares?

You still failed to provide me whose the ex-chinese player, which as u quoted as 'very high qualified' who/ whose coaching thai juniors?

You shouted on Pemuda of his facts are without supportings, how's yours?
    B4 u start this, i think u should read all the post thru again, then u will understand what and why i mentioned about Thailand badminton culture. As i been there and I seen it.Its not from TV and forum.

There are some very good coaches from Thailand club now seconded to Malaysia BJSS.I do not want to review names here.

I do have facts here. But I am just a Malaysian Badminton Fans trying to support his country players. I dont want to go into the merit who will win or lose.

I dont shout on Pemuda... he has the right to his opinion but i do hope that those players which he has not high opinion on, will proved themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    If its a 2 outta 3 kinda thing, I dont mind taking limsy on. But it has to be badminton (singles), 3km foot race and football or sepak takraw.

limsy will most likely beat me in badminton (he has to) but as for that 3km race and football/takraw ... I just have this to say; welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sabar bro ... sabar

Quote Originally Posted by gemini12 View Post
    B4 u start this, i think u should read all the post thru again, then u will understand what and why i mentioned about Thailand badminton culture. As i been there and I seen it.Its not from TV and forum.

There are some very good coaches from Thailand club now seconded to Malaysia BJSS.I do not want to review names here.

I do have facts here. But I am just a Malaysian Badminton Fans trying to support his country players. I dont want to go into the merit who will win or lose.

I dont shout on Pemuda... he has the right to his opinion but i do hope that those players which he has not high opinion on, will proved themselves.
    Bro, you and my bro, Dato Asbullah, peace la. We are all Malaysians here, after all. Lets be on the same page.

Someone suggested a 'duke-off' or a duel to settle pending debates. Maybe Dato Asbullah can play limsy in singles? But to be fair to Dato, especially with limsy being an ex youth or some other thing kinda player according to my buddy, nokh88, I think the duel should not be limited to just badminton. Maybe in Dato & limsy's case, it should be badminton (singles), spelling bee and a sport of dato's choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I see.

Dont be kidding. I am too old already lah.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Back-up pair out to win more recognition

i dont see why they need to fight for it
    the result is quite clear
    1 mas ic title + 1 thailand gp gold title in just 4 tournament togather
    erm
    what does fuzzy win in 2009?
    they cant even win a local grand prix circuit title
    even chan/lim have a national grand prix finals title in 2008
    edit: 0h,they won the pahang open(chan/lim are not playing as a pair yet in that tournament),but lost to chan/lim in terengganu open

oh,i must not forget
    acording to one famous yoying bcer in one of his post,he said fuzzy perform as well as koo/tan in both ae and wc 2009

the decider in nsc and bam must be glad that they have excuse to keep sending fuzzy to tournament
    keep losing in early round is ok as they are not one of the top 4 md pair
    cannot expact too much from them
    Last edited by limsy; 01-05-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

i dont see why they need to fight for it
    the result is quite clear
    1 mas ic title + 1 thailand gp gold title in just 4 tournament togather
    erm
    CPS/LKW ranking is still low, WR#58. I dont think they can qualify to play in qualifying for AE also, all the other pairs sure want to participate. 2nd half of 2010 maybe.

Btw, shouldnt this be in the 2010 badminton players thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

oh,i must not forget
    acording to one famous yoying bcer in one of his post,he said fuzzy perform as well as koo/tan in both ae and wc 2009
    This is fact....dont agree...??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thursday May 6, 2010

Ong’s glad to have overcome setback to play in Finals

DOUBLES shuttler Ong Soon Hock is finding it hard to believe that he may be playing for Malaysia in the Thomas Cup Finals in just a few days.
    Four years ago, he was fighting for his life after contracting a mysterious illness. He had to stop playing for a year because of weakening muscles. He was losing hair and the doctors suspected that it could be some form of cancer.

“That is why it is quite emotional to be standing here with my team-mates, gearing up for my first Thomas Cup Finals,” said Soon Hock.
    He forms the third ranked pair in the team with Hoon Thien How behind Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif.
    “I took up badminton seriously for only one reason ... I wanted to play in the Thomas Cup Finals,” said the 25-year-old Soon Hock.
    “Two years ago, it appeared to be a lost dream. I thought I was just good enough to guide another junior. But my fortunes changed after teaming up with Thien How last year.
    “We clicked and reached the Indonesian Open semi-final last year (defeated Denmark’s Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen and Indonesia’s Tony Gunawan-Candra Wijaya) and the Malaysian Open quarter-finals this year (upset South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung). Now, I am overjoyed because all my hopes and aspiration as a badminton player have become a reality.”
    And he thanked three people – his father Boon Chong, medical practitioner Dr Liu Zhi Ye and girlfriend and former gymnast Yap Yee Yin – for giving him reasons to keep going.
    “They were there when I was down and they are still my pillars of strength,” he said.
    “China-born Dr Liu (based in Canada) was able to treat me when many others failed. My badminton-loving father and Yee Yin continue to give me encouragement in my badminton career.”
    Now that Soon Hock is in the Finals, he is determined to justify the faith of many who have stood by him.
    “I will go all out if I am given a chance. I want to help Malaysia regain the Cup for all the people and those who have belief in us. We will support the team in the best way we can,” he said.
    If they are fielded, they can expect to play the second double matches against Lars Paaske-Jonas Rasmussen (Denmark), Jae-sung-Shin Baek-cheol (South Korea), Alven Yulianto-Hendra Gunawan or Nova Widianto-Mohd Ahsan (Indonesia) and Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng (China).

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast