User Tag List

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    wow, yoyo pops out from no where.
    He beat CL who beat lcw.
    I guess LYB thot HH is retired and threw away playbook for HH.
    now the question is, will he just do enough to keep himself in the team, and then yoyo for another 5 yrs? or is he really "back"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^I think..^^

..he needs to win his MS Final vs. Taufik, in this India Open MS Final, in order to bring any signs that he's "back". Let alone to convince a lot of folks.
    But of course, by reaching the Final and possibly winning the title, everyone will be expecting the same or better result in his next assigned tourney, the BAC (in Korea). If he performs less than his India Open GP, then, well, we all know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..he needs to win his MS Final vs. Taufik, in this India Open MS Final, in order to bring any signs that he's "back". Let alone to convince a lot of folks.
    But of course, by reaching the Final and possibly winning the title, everyone will be expecting the same or better result in his next assigned tourney, the BAC (in Korea). If he performs less than his India Open GP, then, well, we all know...
    even not the India open title, HH has yoyo enough to surprised me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    now the question is, will he just do enough to keep himself in the team, and then yoyo for another 5 yrs? or is he really "back"?
    I dont think anyone dare to put their hope on HH... although Msian would like to see "I'M BACK!" Kinda situation for HH but HH is so unpredictatble...

No Hope No Dissapointment...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Don't be surprised that Hafiz Hashim can defeat Taufik Hidayat

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

consume or not...he wont be able to beat th...if yes...i

Agree ... It is not easy for Hafiz Hashim to defeat Taufik Hidayat. But don't be surprised that HH can defeat TH at the 2009 India Open.

Quite similar are both of them... They seem to take things easy (compared to other players), and tend to have less urgency in their approach to win matches. I just find it hard to understand them sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno why, i still don't feel anything even though HH reach the final today.
    no kan chiong also..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muhd Hafiz Hashim

It's exacerbating to watch HH play. One instant fantastic the next amateurish. ust like Misbun Sidek during the 80s.

But let it be said that he is the most talented senior player we have in our ranks. His weakness is his work ethic when it comes to preparation.

Puella Gopichan commented that Hafiz has the best crafty technique on the circuit, not even the best players could play those fantastic shots he played through out the tournament if only he is 25% leaner and fitter.

I wouldnt want Hafiz to change his style of play, Hafiz is Hafiz. Who could play a overhead cross court drop like that without even any shoulder movements? Many times he left Chen Long and TH stranded.

We may condemned him for his inconsistency but for the sake of old foggies like me and even to many top players, we want to see more players playing like him (but not the stylo milo failures at the net and lack of focus in training).

I hope he do well enough in the BAC probably the impooible spectre of defeating a top player( which is not so impossible when he beat BCL late 2007 or early 2008), The title? that's beyond his current physical condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being gifted is one thing, how did he use it is another one.

It is understandable that we can no longer rely on him to help our team in Sudirman Cup or Thomas Cup. He's fantastic, special, have good posture, gifted, good skills, but that was a long-lost Hafiz. we can go back to normal, don't expect something big from him.

I admit, i am excited to see his final against Taufik, merely because he's my countryman who represented my team. This leave me no choice, i want to support him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this HH actually can play nicely, he got the height, but he just..sigh..speechless, dunno what to say anymore

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hafiz Hashim: A talented Badminton player from Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post

Muhd Hafiz Hashim

It's exacerbating to watch HH play. One instant fantastic, the next amateurish...

sonnymak ... It's good that we have dragged you into this thread.

IMHO, this what we could give Hafiz Hashim;
    (1) Talent/Skill: ....... 9 out of 10
    (2) Determination: ... 7 out of 10
    (3) Fitness: ............. 5 out of 10
    (4) Focus: ............... 3 out of 10

Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-30-2009 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether HH made the final of the IO or not, he will be in the TC squad next year. However, with this final appearance thingy, BAM will most likely keep HH for another 5 years.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Whether HH made the final of the IO or not, he will be in the TC squad next year. However, with this final appearance thingy, BAM will most likely keep HH for another 5 years.
    wow..another 5 yrs?hm...I think 2 yrs will be more than enough for HH...good thing is HH is more qualified than KBH now by entering IO Final....HH can make a case that he could beat CHN that beat LCW earlier..so he is better than LCW in that sense ( joking,,)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    wow..another 5 yrs?hm...I think 2 yrs will be more than enough for HH...good thing is HH is more qualified than KBH now by entering IO Final....HH can make a case that he could beat CHN that beat LCW earlier..so he is better than LCW in that sense ( joking,,)
    oh...come on...hauge....u should know tat....hafiz always better than lcw.....remember he have one of the MAJOR TITLE tat lcw doesnt have....all england......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed HH has many impressive shots. That particular drop shot has made CJ look awkward many times. And when HH has enough stamina, his footwork is impressive too. Just compare HH and CL -- they are both 1.88m, but HH seems to glide through the court while CL seems to be fighting with himself most of the times.

The problem with HH, it seems to me, is that HH has been playing leisurely for way too long, to the extent that even if he wants, he has no idea how to play at a fast pace anymore. Tons of unforced errors appear whenever he wants to up the pace and take half-chances. He even may not know how to concentrate correctly anymore, and as a result always yoyos between playing nervously and playing half-heartedly.

The reason for this situation, I guess is because there are simply not enough competition in the Malaysia team.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    Muhd Hafiz Hashim

It's exacerbating to watch HH play. One instant fantastic the next amateurish. ust like Misbun Sidek during the 80s.

But let it be said that he is the most talented senior player we have in our ranks. His weakness is his work ethic when it comes to preparation.

Puella Gopichan commented that Hafiz has the best crafty technique on the circuit, not even the best players could play those fantastic shots he played through out the tournament if only he is 25% leaner and fitter.

I wouldnt want Hafiz to change his style of play, Hafiz is Hafiz. Who could play a overhead cross court drop like that without even any shoulder movements? Many times he left Chen Long and TH stranded.

We may condemned him for his inconsistency but for the sake of old foggies like me and even to many top players, we want to see more players playing like him (but not the stylo milo failures at the net and lack of focus in training).

I hope he do well enough in the BAC probably the impooible spectre of defeating a top player( which is not so impossible when he beat BCL late 2007 or early 2008), The title? that's beyond his current physical condition.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MAS camp for the past 30 years have always had two groups:

The Hardworking Group:
    These are people from Foo Kok Keong, Ong Ewe Hock, Razif/Jalani Sidek, Wong Choon Han, to Julia Wong, Wong Mew Choo. Because these people had to work hard, they are mentally stronger but probably not as gifted as the othr group.

The Gifted Group:
    These are people like Misbun/Rashid Sidek, Yong Hock Kin, Lydia Cheah, Hafiz Hashim. Generally not as hardworking and temperamental. Although to be fair in Misbun's case, he had some kind of medical condition which affected his lung and breathing, if I am not mistaken.

LCW is in between these two groups, hardworking and with talent, but possibly not as mentally aware.

Anyway, Hafiz and KBH's recent good showing will hopefully bring about a marked change in fortunes. Hafiz was clearly pleased, he was grinning all the way from the Hyderabad airport to the arrival terminal at KLIA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    THafiz was clearly pleased, he was grinning all the way from the Hyderabad airport to the arrival terminal at KLIA.
    Really ? This guy is too obvious, inviting people to call him a dreamer again..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    The MAS camp for the past 30 years have always had two groups:

The Hardworking Group:
    These are people from Foo Kok Keong, Ong Ewe Hock, Razif/Jalani Sidek, Wong Choon Han, to Julia Wong, Wong Mew Choo. Because these people had to work hard, they are mentally stronger but probably not as gifted as the othr group.

The Gifted Group:
    These are people like Misbun/Rashid Sidek, Yong Hock Kin, Lydia Cheah, Hafiz Hashim. Generally not as hardworking and temperamental. Although to be fair in Misbun's case, he had some kind of medical condition which affected his lung and breathing, if I am not mistaken.

LCW is in between these two groups, hardworking and with talent, but possibly not as mentally aware.

Anyway, Hafiz and KBH's recent good showing will hopefully bring about a marked change in fortunes. Hafiz was clearly pleased, he was grinning all the way from the Hyderabad airport to the arrival terminal at KLIA.
    yes...abedeng....i 100% agree with u....and kbh is belong to the hardworking group.......

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast