User Tag List

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Indeed HH has many impressive shots. That particular drop shot has made CJ look awkward many times. And when HH has enough stamina, his footwork is impressive too. Just compare HH and CL -- they are both 1.88m, but HH seems to glide through the court while CL seems to be fighting with himself most of the times.

The problem with HH, it seems to me, is that HH has been playing leisurely for way too long, to the extent that even if he wants, he has no idea how to play at a fast pace anymore. Tons of unforced errors appear whenever he wants to up the pace and take half-chances. He even may not know how to concentrate correctly anymore, and as a result always yoyos between playing nervously and playing half-heartedly.

The reason for this situation, I guess is because there are simply not enough competition in the Malaysia team.
    I disagree. Chen Long like all chinese player take every opportunity to give themselves an advantage, meaning the go to the net early. Hafiz........ just too lazy to control the net area and end up being smash most of the time. Unfortunately his defense is no where as good as Chong Wei. Thats how Chen Long got back in game 2 after trailing 7 point.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hafiz's lack of pace is a glaring weakness in the India Open. I don't see that he would be able to regain speed that he has lost, even if he is fitter and loses more weight. As you get older, there are things that you would lose permanently.

Kuan Beng Hong, on the other hand, is still up in pace but needs to add power and tactical awareness in his game. This is especially crucial in the closing stages of a tight match, where he was cruelly exposed by Taufik.

I would rate Kuan as being slightly the better performer between the two.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    Thats how Chen Long got back in game 2 after trailing 7 point.
    how many points he FAIL TO DEFENCE after 17-10 lead???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    The MAS camp for the past 30 years have always had two groups:

The Hardworking Group:
    These are people from Foo Kok Keong, Ong Ewe Hock, Razif/Jalani Sidek, Wong Choon Han, to Julia Wong, Wong Mew Choo. Because these people had to work hard, they are mentally stronger but probably not as gifted as the othr group.

The Gifted Group:
    These are people like Misbun/Rashid Sidek, Yong Hock Kin, Lydia Cheah, Hafiz Hashim. Generally not as hardworking and temperamental. Although to be fair in Misbun's case, he had some kind of medical condition which affected his lung and breathing, if I am not mistaken.

LCW is in between these two groups, hardworking and with talent, but possibly not as mentally aware.

Anyway, Hafiz and KBH's recent good showing will hopefully bring about a marked change in fortunes. Hafiz was clearly pleased, he was grinning all the way from the Hyderabad airport to the arrival terminal at KLIA.

There is another group........ I think, don't know whether if it is true. People who have talent but cannot perform. Meaning they can only kick ass during training. I heard Wong Tat Meng and Yeoh Kay Bin belong to this group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    how many points he FAIL TO DEFENCE after 17-10 lead???
    Many..... its just like the previous game with Andre. hafiz having to do all the lift (at a height are wayyy to low, making the lift predictable) and getting his ass smash at.

Andre basically lost game 1 due to his inexperience or else hafiz was toast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just look at CL recover himself. It's very slow and does not has the smoothness of BCL and HH. This is why he got dominated by HH.

CL got back in game 2 can illustrate nothing except that HH is still not fit. In fact HH lost all of his game 2 (except the first one) in this India Open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    I disagree. Chen Long like all chinese player take every opportunity to give themselves an advantage, meaning the go to the net early. Hafiz........ just too lazy to control the net area and end up being smash most of the time. Unfortunately his defense is no where as good as Chong Wei. Thats how Chen Long got back in game 2 after trailing 7 point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see HH play like anup sridhar. Even Anup had beaten TH once before, HH didn't. HH has a bit more skills but less desire to win than Anup

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, HH is supposed to be in the yoyo group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Hafiz's lack of pace is a glaring weakness in the India Open. I don't see that he would be able to regain speed that he has lost, even if he is fitter and loses more weight. As you get older, there are things that you would lose permanently.

Kuan Beng Hong, on the other hand, is still up in pace but needs to add power and tactical awareness in his game. This is especially crucial in the closing stages of a tight match, where he was cruelly exposed by Taufik.

I would rate Kuan as being slightly the better performer between the two.
    He can improve, even on speed but it's a lot of work with a super fitness coach.May not be back to 2003 level but definitely can be better than anytime after.The thing is sometimes the speed may just have to improve marginally to make a big difference.His wingspan is a big advantage.But we shall see.Will he train like a hamster?
    As you get older, there are things you would lose permanently but you can make up for them in some other ways.I have seen many people who are fitter and faster than their younger days because they now know how and have more time to take care of their body. It requires a lot of work initially but just regular maintenance subsequently.
    We all have a choice.Let yourself go as you grow older and imperceptibly you lose your freedom to move,to eat yummy, poisonous food, to sit comfortably,to hear easily ,to see clearly,etc which would be dreadful.Or exercise regularly enough and those freedoms will not be lost and may even extend further which would be wonderful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    He can improve, even on speed but it's a lot of work with a super fitness coach.May not be back to 2003 level but definitely can be better than anytime after.The thing is sometimes the speed may just have to improve marginally to make a big difference.His wingspan is a big advantage.But we shall see.Will he train like a hamster?
    As you get older, there are things you would lose permanently but you can make up for them in some other ways.I have seen many people who are fitter and faster than their younger days because they now know how and have more time to take care of their body. It requires a lot of work initially but just regular maintenance subsequently.
    We all have a choice.Let yourself go as you grow older and imperceptibly you lose your freedom to move,to eat yummy, poisonous food, to sit comfortably,to hear easily ,to see clearly,etc which would be dreadful.Or exercise regularly enough and those freedoms will not be lost and may even extend further which would be wonderful.
    i think u miss the HH persona completely. His problem isn't whether he want to be fit or not, that is obvious and an easy problem to solve. The crux of HH's lack of success in badminton is he likes to play cool, with minimum effort, relying too much on trick shots. It look great when it's done right but it doens't give him the points consistently. Notice that he doesn't look sweaty at all. Only in the last part of third set against Chen Long did HH wipe his forehead. Abedeng had commented that HH look fresh when arriving back to MAS, while other players look drained.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i think u miss the HH persona completely. His problem isn't whether he want to be fit or not, that is obvious and an easy problem to solve. The crux of HH's lack of success in badminton is he likes to play cool, with minimum effort, relying too much on trick shots. It look great when it's done right but it doens't give him the points consistently. Notice that he doesn't look sweaty at all. Only in the last part of third set against Chen Long did HH wipe his forehead. Abedeng had commented that HH look fresh when arriving back to MAS, while other players look drained.
    Isn't that amazing? He reached the MSF without stretching himself physically or mentally.Maybe BAM should send him to 3 GP Gold and let him know to reach finals and win 1 title or he's out.After all, there are so many MAS MS to send out for exposure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crux of HH's lack of success in badminton is he likes to play cool, with minimum effort, relying too much on trick shots. It look great when it's done right but it doens't give him the points consistently. Notice that he doesn't look sweaty at all. Only in the last part of third set against Chen Long did HH wipe his forehead.
    His cool game and his trademark smashes cost him an AE title once.
    Be that Hafiz.With a desire to win and yes, as you said, the effort he put on the court should be maximum. I don't want to comment on his fitness and consistency in one game, but as an 'optimists', sure there's a way out of any problem.

Abedeng had commented that HH look fresh when arriving back to MAS, while other players look drained.
    Well, it is too obvious that he is indeed enjoyed the final comeback after 3 years. Let him la.
    Last edited by koo_fan; 03-31-2009 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hafiz Hashim has now realised that he can do it, if he wants to do it

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post

His cool game and his trademark smashes cost him an AE title once.
    Be that Hafiz .With a desire to win and yes, as you said, the effort he put on the court should be maximum. I don't want to comment on his fitness and consistency in one game, but as an 'optimist', sure there's a way out of any problem.

Well, it is too obvious that he is indeed enjoyed the final comeback after 3 years. Let him la.

Although many are criticising HH here, I am as optimistic as koo_fan (for HH).

Yes, HH did not win the 2009 India Open. But why was he so happy?
    IMHO, HH has now realised that he can do it, if he wants to do it.

Hope that he will now be encouraged to train/work harder, to be more determined in his mental approach at matches, and to realise that he has the talent/skill to make a comeback.

It's not too late for HH. He can easily get back into the TOP 10 World Ranking Positions by the end of 2009.

Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-31-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Although many are criticising HH here, I am as optimistic as koo_fan (for HH).

Yes, HH did not win the 2009 India Open. But why was he so happy?
    IMHO, HH has now realised that he can do it, if he wants to do it.

Hope that he will now be encouraged to train/work harder, to be more determined in his mental approach at matches, and to realise that he has the talent/skill to make a comeback.

It's not too late for HH. He can easily get back into the TOP 10 World Ranking Positions by the end of 2009.

Ah, you still have hope for Hafiz, my brave friend. You were the only brave one who dared to even think Hafiz could beat Chen Long.
    Hafiz perhaps, really has to taste the reins of a different coach, like Misbun said bf. If I'm not mistaken, Hafiz didnt train under Li Mao but stayed on with Misbun cos of communication barrier - Li Mao communicated to the players in chinese, doesnt speak English or Malay.
    The cool Misbun doesnt suit Hafiz's laid back style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His habit of using (often meaningless) trick shots comes from his constant lack of stamina. When you cannot run anymore, you pretty much have to rely on trick shots.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    . You were the only brave one who dared to even think Hafiz could beat Chen Long.
    yes he could....but will beat and could beat is different mah...right???

we will see if he can do it again or not in korea
    Last edited by limsy; 03-31-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India open final is good for him..
    He can do better next time.

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 ... LastLast