User Tag List

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 1163
  1. #188
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    His habit of using (often meaningless) trick shots comes from his constant lack of stamina. When you cannot run anymore, you pretty much have to rely on trick shots.
    maybe he doesn't believe in running, it make him sweat and look uncool. Running is for the short players

  2. #189
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Isn't that amazing? He reached the MSF without stretching himself physically or mentally.Maybe BAM should send him to 3 GP Gold and let him know to reach finals and win 1 title or he's out.After all, there are so many MAS MS to send out for exposure.
    Threats from BAM only produced runner-up position in a tournament without LCW, LD or peter gade, i think it is too demanding to ask HH to win 1 out 3 GP except maybe all the stars in the sky are lined up, no LCW, no LD, PG's toe still hurting and TH has a bad stamina day.
    -------------------------------------
    Tuesday March 31, 2009
    Rashid wants to see a more fired-up and consistent Hafiz

    KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim will have to show that the fire he rekindled in the just concluded India Open will not be extinguished again.

    And he gets the chance to do so in the Asian Championships (ABC), which will be held in Suwon, South Korea, from April 7-12.

    National chief coach Rashid Si**dek, however, did not want to read too much into Hafiz’s good run in Hyderabad where he was beaten by Indonesian Taufik Hidayat in the final.

    Throughout the tournament, Hafiz showed that he was determined to prove a point, especially after the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) had given him an ultimatum to shape up or ship out following mediocre performances since winning the 2006 Philippines Open.


    “Hafiz is still the skilful player we all know. In India this time, he was able to push himself, probably because of the stern warning from the BAM,” said Rashid.

    “But skill alone is not enough to survive. We are not looking at one or two good performances but looking at a player who is consistent and has the heart to play good badminton all the time.

    “I would like to see how Hafiz fares at the ABC before making any recommendation. He showed that he was fitter (in India). The challenge will be tougher at the ABC and he has to raise his game higher.”

    Rashid felt that Hafiz could have made it just as big in badminton as compatriot and world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei if he were more serious in training over the last two years.

    “He did not set high targets. A de**feat did not affect him greatly. And we did not see him pushing hard in training. What we saw from Hafiz was a relaxed attitude. ” he said.

    “It is all up to him on whether he wants to make a genuine comeback. I am hoping that Hafiz is back for good as far as winning honours in badminton is concerned. We can then look forward to the Thomas Cup Finals next year with more confidence.”

  3. #190
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    Threats from BAM only produced runner-up position in a tournament without LCW, LD or peter gade, i think it is too demanding to ask HH to win 1 out 3 GP except maybe all the stars in the sky are lined up, no LCW, no LD, PG's toe still hurting and TH has a bad stamina day.
    It's good to see discussions on Hafiz's comeback is once again 'relevant' and sensible.
    Together with all 4 star players in Badminton, we need him to be competitive enough. That's all.
    We'd not want to see a waste of his talent.
    Last edited by koo_fan; 03-31-2009 at 11:37 AM.

  4. #191
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Just wait for 1 more tourney..

    ..the BAC, and see their result and then we all can start judging, forecasting what will happen to both HH & KBH, criticizing, praising (bolehing?), maybe ridiculing and all those things all over again..

  5. #192
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    Although many are criticising HH here, I am as optimistic as koo_fan (for HH).

    Yes, HH did not win the 2009 India Open. But why was he so happy?
    IMHO, HH has now realised that he can do it, if he wants to do it.

    Hope that he will now be encouraged to train/work harder, to be more determined in his mental approach at matches, and to realise that he has the talent/skill to make a comeback.

    It's not too late for HH. He can easily get back into the TOP 10 World Ranking Positions by the end of 2009.


    .
    HH can get back easily into top 10?? We'll see......

  6. #193
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow To win matches, Hafiz cannot be depending on just his skill and confidence alone

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

    Ah, you still have hope for Hafiz, my brave friend. You were the only brave one who dared to even think Hafiz could beat Chen Long.
    Hafiz perhaps, really has to taste the reins of a different coach, like Misbun said bf. If I'm not mistaken, Hafiz didnt train under Li Mao but stayed on with Misbun cos of communication barrier - Li Mao communicated to the players in chinese, doesnt speak English or Malay.
    The cool Misbun doesnt suit Hafiz's laid back style.

    .
    eaglehelang ... Yes, Li Mao communicates in Chinese only.

    At the 2006 Commonwealth Games held here in Melbourne, I met up with the contingent of MAS Mens Singles team, consisting of players, Lee Chong Wei and Wong Choong Hann, and coach Li Mao. Hafiz wasn't selected and he did not come.

    As a coach myself, I examine not only the players' skill but also their determination to win matches. As for Hafiz, I can only comment from what I see in tournament video. And I can say that Hafiz is just lazy when playing his matches.

    Skill-wise, I would rate HH high up there with LCW and WCH.
    Confidence-wise, HH is the best.
    Determination-wise, WCH is the best.
    Fitness-wise, LCW is the best.

    Of course, we all know that it is LCW who produces the best results for Malaysia.

    Let's hope that HH can wake up now. He should realise that to win matches, he cannot be depending on just his skill and confidence alone.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-31-2009 at 04:46 PM.

  7. #194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    eaglehelang ... Yes, Li Mao communicates in Chinese only.

    At the 2006 Commonwealth Games held here in Melbourne, I met up with the contingent of MAS Mens Singles team, consisting of players, Lee Chong Wei and Wong Choong Hann, and coach Li Mao. Hafiz wasn't selected and he did not come.

    As a coach myself, I examine not only the players' skill but also their determination to win matches. As for Hafiz, I can only comment from what I see in tournament video. And I can say that Hafiz is just lazy when playing his matches.

    Skill-wise, I would rate HH high up there with LCW and WCH.
    Confidence-wise, HH is the best.
    Determination-wise, WCH is the best.
    Fitness-wise, LCW is the best.

    Of course, we all know that it is LCW who produces the best results for Malaysia.

    Let's hope that HH can wake up now. He should realise that to win matches, he cannot be depending on just his skill and confidence alone.
    .
    u mean 'over' confidence of HH Surprised that lcw and HH didn't learn a thing or 2 from sparing each other.

  8. #195
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ^^I think..^^

    ..HH might've been surprised he could actually reach the Finals Round without having to exert much effort, let alone sweat...Of course, he thought, in the back of his mind, he could stroll through the Final round and defeat Taufik with the same kind of effort he brought in the earlier rounds..

  9. #196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Malaysia badminton team , only Lee chong wei is good, the rest are below par, unlike china. China without lin dan , there's still bao chunlai , chen jin , now with Chen long coming up the rank , making it in the semi final of india open.

    I hope Malaysia can give Arif a chance to compete more in the tournaments to give him more exposure. Right now i feel in malaysia he is the most talented player now.

  10. #197
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Malaysia badminton team , only Lee chong wei is good, the rest are below par, unlike china. China without lin dan , there's still bao chunlai , chen jin , now with Chen long coming up the rank , making it in the semi final of india open.

    I hope Malaysia can give Arif a chance to compete more in the tournaments to give him more exposure. Right now i feel in malaysia he is the most talented player now.
    I beg your pardon!!!!

    What do you mean by only LCW is good???! And by the way, thats Datuk Lee Chong Wei to you, the current MS WR1, SO champion & champion amongst all the village champions.

    We, Malaysia is a badminton powerhouse, take a good look at our trophy cabinet, it is full with titles like Penang, Johor, Kedah, SSF etc etc. Our famous Malaysia Boleh roar will send all our opponents running for cover.

    Arif is not the only talent we have right now. When in comes to talents, we have a bagful of talented shuttlers like HH, KBH, Saiful Apek etc etc.

  11. #198
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u mean 'over' confidence of HH Surprised that lcw and HH didn't learn a thing or 2 from sparing each other.
    both didnt sparing all the time....maybe one a week.......because before that....hafiz is with nusa mansuri...not bam....last year just back to bam....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    I hope Malaysia can give Arif a chance to compete more in the tournaments to give him more exposure. Right now i feel in malaysia he is the most talented player now.
    arif????compare his result alone with lydia is enough to say........as the squad member in 2007 junior asian team champion...other have been acheive much more than arif...

  12. #199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I beg your pardon!!!!

    What do you mean by only LCW is good???! And by the way, thats Datuk Lee Chong Wei to you, the current MS WR1, SO champion & champion amongst all the village champions.

    We, Malaysia is a badminton powerhouse, take a good look at our trophy cabinet, it is full with titles like Penang, Johor, Kedah, SSF etc etc. Our famous Malaysia Boleh roar will send all our opponents running for cover.

    Arif is not the only talent we have right now. When in comes to talents, we have a bagful of talented shuttlers like HH, KBH, Saiful Apek etc etc.

    If you replace those words , it'll sound honest.

  13. #200
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't worry after HH exploit in India Open,
    he will be selected for more assignments..

  14. #201
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Malaysia badminton team , only Lee chong wei is good, the rest are below par, unlike china. China without lin dan , there's still bao chunlai , chen jin , now with Chen long coming up the rank , making it in the semi final of india open.

    I hope Malaysia can give Arif a chance to compete more in the tournaments to give him more exposure. Right now i feel in malaysia he is the most talented player now.
    China no need to say, sure have a string of juniors waiting in line, other countries face the problem of finding good MS.

    Of late, CWF, TCS, Liew Daren's performances have been better than Arif. And Arif is getting more chances than those his age, he's already in elit back-up MS at 20. Arif gets to go the same tourneys as the other 3 mentioned. Some who're senior to him like Chan Kwon Beng, Lim Fang Yang are still in back up.

  15. #202
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    China no need to say, sure have a string of juniors waiting in line, other countries face the problem of finding good MS.

    Of late, CWF, TCS, Liew Daren's performances have been better than Arif. And Arif is getting more chances than those his age, he's already in elit back-up MS at 20. Arif gets to go the same tourneys as the other 3 mentioned. Some who're senior to him like Chan Kwon Beng, Lim Fang Yang are still in back up.
    So why is BAM rushing Arif for when there are more mature MS like ckb and lfy being deprived of competitive exposure?It's not as if MAS is short of talent.BAM may endanger Arif's development if they push him to excel.Certainly there's a big competitive gap between junior and senior level tournaments.
    If Arif continues to lose,BAM should give him a break and send him to lesser tournaments or risk having his confidence destroyed.It takes a long time to recover from lost confidence;sometimes the recovered specimen may lose its shine altogether.

  16. #203
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Our famous Malaysia Boleh roar will send all our opponents running for cover.
    To take cover from raining saliva?

    Sorry, can't help myself...

  17. #204
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    So why is BAM rushing Arif for when there are more mature MS like ckb and lfy being deprived of competitive exposure?It's not as if MAS is short of talent.BAM may endanger Arif's development if they push him to excel.Certainly there's a big competitive gap between junior and senior level tournaments.
    If Arif continues to lose,BAM should give him a break and send him to lesser tournaments or risk having his confidence destroyed.It takes a long time to recover from lost confidence;sometimes the recovered specimen may lose its shine altogether.
    1) Performance wise Arif did better than either CKB, LFY, et al in his junior days. He was runner up in AJC/WJC (I forgot which one), lost to Chen Long.
    In 2007, CHan Kwon Beng was touted as 2nd best back up MS after TCS. After that, dunno why, CKB has stagnanted, CWF, Daren has overtaken him. CKB still trains under Misbun, which means he can take Misbun's tough physical training prog.

    2) The 2nd reason on many ppl's minds is a sensitive issue. You're a smart 'swift', should have no problem figuring it out .

    Anyway, we're digressing, since this thread's abt Hafiz & KBH. You can refer to limsy's thread on "elit back & back-up 2009" for further discussion.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 04-03-2009 at 05:54 AM.

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kuan Beng Hong... only way is up.
    By ants in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 66
    : 07-05-2010, 02:51 AM
  2. Anyone has pics of kuan beng hong?
    By unregistered in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 141
    : 06-25-2008, 03:53 AM
  3. will kuan beng hong do better and better in future???
    By limsy in forum Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008
    Replies: 64
    : 06-15-2008, 05:05 AM
  4. kuan beng hong to train under li mao
    By yling in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 49
    : 06-07-2006, 10:21 AM
  5. Kuan Beng Hong
    By blue_apple in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 127
    : 05-19-2006, 09:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •