User Tag List

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning and then improving motivation is easier said than done. If motivation can be learned, everyone in the world will be at the top of the pyramid that is stood on its pointed tip.
    In life one can have brains, skills, experience, etc. but these alone will get one nowhere without motivation. How often have we seen brilliant people with the highest IQ and the highest academic scores not living up to expectations in real life? Most of them ended up in academia instead of being global movers, shakers, and shapers.
    One example of badminton motivation is to find a national player who is prepared to use his own money to improve instead of being driven by "what is there for me?" Motivation and passion come together. Why can't the rejects pay their own way?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Learning and then improving motivation is easier said than done. If motivation can be learned, everyone in the world will be at the top of the pyramid that is stood on its pointed tip.
    In life one can have brains, skills, experience, etc. but these alone will get one nowhere without motivation. How often have we seen brilliant people with the highest IQ and the highest academic scores not living up to expectations in real life? Most of them ended up in academia instead of being global movers, shakers, and shapers.
    One example of badminton motivation is to find a national player who is prepared to use his own money to improve instead of being driven by "what is there for me?" Motivation and passion come together. Why can't the rejects pay their own way?
    Because the rejects don't have enough money or rich parents to start with.
    Agree with you motivation is the driving force behind success.Especially in sales,average IQ with highest motivation proven to be more successful than highest IQ with average motivation(that's why they don't bother about paper qualifications).
    But in badminton or any sports, natural talent is a prerequisite to go far.So average BQ(badminton quotient) with highest motivation may not be more successful than highest BQ with average motivation.That's why TH still can be king in some tournaments.But how nice it would be if the one with the highest BQ maximises his motivation and plan out and execute his training schedule 110%.Let's see whether TH will deliver.He's the ideal specimen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree...but the way i see it badminton also related to a player form , just like football just like what happen to Man U ,before the arrival of Mourinho the're kings in England but after Mourinho is with Chelsea they seems like losing direction...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Hafiz and Beng Hong given lifeline

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post

National chief coach Rashid Sidek is now upset with Tan Chun Seang, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Chong Wei Feng and Liew Daren. There will be cutting down on the number of international tournaments for these 4 second liners.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...305&sec=sports

Monday April 13, 2009
    Rashid to take action against back-up shuttlers who flopped in ABC
    By Rajes Paul (The Star)

From the New Straits Times, the same story was reported the next day. Rashid Sidek said "We still have to depend on Hafiz and Beng Hong for now as the quality of our back-up players is very low."

Tuesday April 14, 2009
    By K.M. Boopathy
    Hafiz and Beng Hong given lifeline

NATIONAL players Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong have survived the chop not because they have been showing signs of vast improvement but solely because the elite back-up shuttlers have stagnated. Full Story

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Lee Chong Wei is one MAS MS player to have both high BQ and motivation

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post

Agree with you motivation is the driving force behind success. Especially in sales,average IQ with highest motivation proven to be more successful than highest IQ with average motivation (that's why they don't bother about paper qualifications).

But in badminton or any sports, natural talent is a prerequisite to go far. So average BQ (badminton quotient) with highest motivation may not be more successful than highest BQ with average motivation. That's why TH still can be king in some tournaments. But how nice it would be if the one with the highest BQ maximises his motivation and plan out and execute his training schedule 110%. Let's see whether TH will deliver. He's the ideal specimen.

pjswift ... Totally agree. Currently, Lee Chong Wei is one player to have both higher BQ and motivation.

IMHO, Hafiz has high BQ too, but his motivation is lacking. And for Beng Hong, he is just too careless at matches. Sometimes, it is unbelievable that he could give away so many points to his opponents from his unforced errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea...now that you mention it Kuan BH sometimes is really lacking concertation which results to unforce errors the more his rival pick up points , the more he get nervous , he needs to be more relax & concerntere on his game.. as for Hafiz H he just lack confidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default does doing good n terengganu count??lol

BADMINTON: FORMER ALL ENGLAND CHAMPION BEATEN IN TERENGGANU OPEN
    Bernama - Sunday, October 4

KUALA TERENGGANU, Oct 3 (Bernama) -- Former All England champion Muhammad Hafiz Hashim lost to Kuan Beng Hong in the men's singles final of the Terengganu Open badminton at the State Stadium here today.

Beng Hong of BAM/KD beat Hafiz of BAM/SL 21-18, 21-17 in 30 minutes.

The victory earned Beng Hong RM4,000 while Hafiz, the runner-up, walked away with RM2,000.

The pair of Chan Chong Ming (SL) and Chew Choon Eng (PG) won the men's doubles beating Goh Wei Shem (BAM/KL)-Vountus Indra Mawan (BAM/SB) 21-13, 21-19. The pairs received RM6,000 and RM2,000 respectively.

In the women's singles, Lydia Cheah Li Ya (BAM/KL) emerged champion after defeating Tee Jing Yiu (BAM/PG) 21-14, 21-19. She walked away with RM2,000 while Jing Yiu, with RM1,000.

The women's doubles won by Chin Eei Hui (BAM/PG)-Wong Pei Tty (BAM/PK), beating Amelia Anscelly (BAM/SB)-Nairul Suhada Abdul Latif (BAM/NS) 21-16, 21-11.

Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari (BAM/PK)-Wong Pei Tty won the mixed doubles beating Mohd Razif Latif (BAM/NS)-Nairul Suhada Abdul Latif 21-17, 21-7.

The championship, from Sept 30 to Oct 3, offered a total of RM50,000 in cash prizes.

-- BERNAMA

IB SHI JS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Kuan Beng Hong hopes to play until 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post

BADMINTON: FORMER ALL ENGLAND CHAMPION BEATEN IN TERENGGANU OPEN
    Bernama - Sunday, October 4

KUALA TERENGGANU, Oct 3 (Bernama) -- Former All England champion Muhammad Hafiz Hashim lost to Kuan Beng Hong in the men's singles final of the Terengganu Open badminton at the State Stadium here today.

Beng Hong of BAM/KD beat Hafiz of BAM/SL 21-18, 21-17 in 30 minutes.

-- BERNAMA

Even now (03-Oct-2009), Muhammad Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong are still at the top in the Malaysian Singles events.

And Kuan Beng Hong said:

“I cannot leave the national team when the youngsters are not ready to take over. The seniors’ domination in the National Circuit shows that the back-up shuttlers still have some catching-up to do”.

“I can still provide quality sparring for my team-mates. I hope to play for another year, and then I will make up my mind whether to continue or give up.”

Source: BAM article - Veteran Beng Hong sees no threat from back-up shuttlers (Click here)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even now (03-Oct-2009), Muhammad Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong are still at the top in the Malaysian Singles events.

And Kuan Beng Hong said:

“I cannot leave the national team when the youngsters are not ready to take over. The seniors’ domination in the National Circuit shows that the back-up shuttlers still have some catching-up to do”.

“I can still provide quality sparring for my team-mates. I hope to play for another year, and then I will make up my mind whether to continue or give up.”

Source: BAM article - Veteran Beng Hong sees no threat from back-up shuttlers (Click here)

i am seeing darkness ahead....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    i am seeing darkness ahead....
    ...Sad indeed.....'darkness ahead'

What had went wrong in Malaysia Badminton...? Just like Malaysian Football...?

Lack of new talents ? or Is the whole system in problems...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    ...Sad indeed.....'darkness ahead'

What had went wrong in Malaysia Badminton...? Just like Malaysian Football...?

Lack of new talents ? or Is the whole system in problems...?

coz I am not playing
    simple reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coz I am not playing
    simple reason
    so, when you will play ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simonlovers View Post

when BAM or Misbun call me....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Talented MAS players (like Lee Chong Wei) are not easy to find

Quote Originally Posted by simonlovers View Post

when BAM or Misbun call me....

Hahaha...... You guys are funny.

But to comment on a more serious note: Talented and hard-working MAS players (like Lee Chong Wei) are not easy to find.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-06-2009 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Hahaha...... You guys are funny.

But to comment on a more serious note: Talented and hard-working MAS players (like Lee Chong Wei) are not easy to find.
    actually, the whole SYSTEM doesnt encourage development of players...

BAM should not choose "BJSS" Student only can put up more tournamnet for selection instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post

BAM should not choose "BJSS" Student only can put up more tournamnet for selection instead.

Yes, exactly.....

I was curioused where those young players from states, from badminton clubs in the country......i am sure there must be lots more youngsters who have talents and not able to study in BJSS out there.....

The system seems not encourage these players to be in National team...just wasted those non-BJSS talents.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post

yes
    there are many good player outside bam and bjss

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast