User Tag List

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 1163
  1. #137
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Town
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not really sure but I seriously think our current batch of upcoming player lack talent to compete in the international scene. Regardless of how many tournament they were sent to, these player train with LCW, HH and KBH everyday. Shouldn't their skill would have at least match HH and KBH who have been the butt of jokes in the international level.

    Its kinda something like Simon Santosa. He have been around for a while but cannot progress further (I could be wrong but his coach made the same statement) to match top player like Peter, Chen Jin, LCW and maybe even Park.

  2. #138
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    I'm not really sure but I seriously think our current batch of upcoming player lack talent to compete in the international scene. Regardless of how many tournament they were sent to, these player train with LCW, HH and KBH everyday. Shouldn't their skill would have at least match HH and KBH who have been the butt of jokes in the international level.

    Its kinda something like Simon Santosa. He have been around for a while but cannot progress further (I could be wrong but his coach made the same statement) to match top player like Peter, Chen Jin, LCW and maybe even Park.
    I have the same feeling... none of our juniors will reach LCW level... maybe the best is top20 in the world... but i believe there are more juniors coming out.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    oldhand, your post is not apply to limsy, i guess.
    Me, for example, should take something from it.

    Considering that we are both 19 and 18, i doubt if it is not common to use this sms language. Be known that i am trying my best to be understandable, indeed.
    But of course, for any inconvenience, my bad.

    So guys, 'u' is no longer permissable here?
    OT also
    Actually, it's not so much sms language but direct translation from mandarin/chinese to English. More similar to msn/irc language.

    All things considered, limsy's (& our other chinese educated members) is not bad for those chinese educated, some of the same age cant even understand a sentence in English, let alone joining an English language forum & typing sentences in English.

  4. #140
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I have the same feeling... none of our juniors will reach LCW level... maybe the best is top20 in the world... but i believe there are more juniors coming out.
    lcw will only appear once in many years for mas...u want to use he as a standard to compare with other malaysian ms????...wise enough????

  5. #141
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,732
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Sometimes sms languages can be misunderstood

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

    OT also

    Actually, it's not so much sms language but direct translation from mandarin/chinese to English. More similar to msn/irc language.

    All things considered, limsy's (& our other chinese educated members) is not bad for those chinese educated, some of the same age cant even understand a sentence in English, let alone joining an English language forum & typing sentences in English.

    .
    So ... What is "OT"?
    Some of us do not know it.

    The main problem is sometimes sms languages can be misunderstood.
    Let's examine some here;

    Single letters can replace words
    • be becomes b
    • see becomes c
    • are becomes r
    • you becomes u
    • why becomes y
    Single digits can replace words
    • ate becomes 8
    • for becomes 4
    • to or too becomes 2
    • one or won becomes 1
    A single letter or digit can replace a syllable
    • ate becomes 8, so:
      • great becomes gr8
      • mate becomes m8
      • later becomes l8r or l8a
      • skate becomes sk8
      • skater becomes sk8r
    • tomorrow becomes 2mro
    • for or fore becomes 4, so:
      • before becomes (combining both of the above) b4
      • therefore becomes thr4
    Combinations of the above can shorten a single or multiple words
    • Your and You're both become ur or yr

    FYI
    (What's this FYI? ): We can check this out (from Wikipedia): click here

    chris-ccc

    .

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    So ... What is "OT"?
    Some of us do not know it.


    FYI
    (What's this FYI? ): We can check this out (from Wikipedia): click here

    chris-ccc

    .
    When I first came to the forum, I also didnt know what's OT but later found out, not by asking but observation. So, the other members can also find out by themselves, they're smart enough.
    If they dont know what FYI means,especially youngsters, then <shake head>. They know many, many more shortform then us lah.

    And the sms language thingy was not my main point

  7. #143
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,732
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Direct translation from Mandarin/Chinese to English

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

    When I first came to the forum, I also didnt know what's OT but later found out, not by asking but observation. So, the other members can also find out by themselves, they're smart enough.
    If they dont know what FYI means,especially youngsters, then <shake head>. They know many, many more shortform then us lah.

    And the sms language thingy was not my main point.

    .
    Talking about direct translation from Mandarin/Chinese to English, here are some:

    * Long time no see
    * You good?
    * You eat rice yet?


    .

  8. #144
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Town
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lcw will only appear once in many years for mas...u want to use he as a standard to compare with other malaysian ms????...wise enough????
    No but at least at WCH level (no disrespect to WCH) who isn't exactly a great player . I mean KBH only started to beat WCH last year.......... when Wong was 32 and retired. WCH in his peak wasn't exactly "the man to look out for" in a tournament and KBH can only manage to score a win........... you know where I'm going at.

  9. #145
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,732
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2009 India Open: Hafiz Hashim has made it to the Semi-Finals

    .
    Congratulations to Hafiz Hashim. He has made it to the Semi-Finals at the 2009 India Open.
    BAM should be happier too.

    Friday 27-Mar-2009 Quarter-Finals Results:
    Muhammad Hafiz HASHIM [10] [MAS] defeated [INA] Andre Kurniawan TEDJONO [5]
    21-18, 14-21, 21-16 in 52 minutes

    Who will be interested in predicting the outcome of HH's next match?


    Saturday 28-Mar-2009 Semi-Finals Match:
    Long CHEN [CHN] -vs- [MAS] Muhammad Hafiz HASHIM [10]

    Well, I thought Chen Long's form has been excellent at this tournament. But, now that Hafiz Hashim has come this far, I would think that Hafiz is more determined to fight harder to get to the Finals.

    Prediction: 2009 India Open Mens Singles Final to be Hafiz Hashim -vs- Taufik Hidayat


    .

  10. #146
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    Who will be interested in predicting the outcome of HH's next match?
    Do your best, hafiz. That's all.

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All I can say, the warning is ABSOLUTELY effective.

  12. #148
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    All I can say, the warning is ABSOLUTELY effective.
    Kuan Beng Hong is not a dissapointment, either. He Vs taufik is cool.
    Effective, yes and hope BAM will continue to boost up players. They should know by now that monetary form incentive isn't always the best..

    Well done, Hafiz. The final is indeed your good work and you deserved this.

  13. #149
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    All I can say, the warning is ABSOLUTELY effective.
    So effective ,Even KBH also showed some improvement......BAM shd also warn those dissapointing Mjs..............

  14. #150
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    So effective ,Even KBH also showed some improvement......BAM shd also warn those dissapointing Mjs..............
    how much u think kbh can improve in a few monthes???

  15. #151
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i wonder, did BAM warned HH not to consume "funny" food before tomorrow match?

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    i wonder, did BAM warned HH not to consume "funny" food before tomorrow match?
    consume or not...he wont be able to beat th...if yes...i

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow, yoyo pops out from no where.
    He beat CL who beat lcw.
    I guess LYB thot HH is retired and threw away playbook for HH.

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kuan Beng Hong... only way is up.
    By ants in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 66
    : 07-05-2010, 02:51 AM
  2. Anyone has pics of kuan beng hong?
    By unregistered in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 141
    : 06-25-2008, 03:53 AM
  3. will kuan beng hong do better and better in future???
    By limsy in forum Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008
    Replies: 64
    : 06-15-2008, 05:05 AM
  4. kuan beng hong to train under li mao
    By yling in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 49
    : 06-07-2006, 10:21 AM
  5. Kuan Beng Hong
    By blue_apple in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 127
    : 05-19-2006, 09:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •