Results 86 to 102 of 1163
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM #86
Until the younger ones can topple HH and KBH, HH and KBH should stay
Yes, the "Your opinion" and "My opinion" reply was meant to make clearer what we are discussing. Sometimes we bring in other things, and our discussion goes nowhere.
2. Again, this is very subjective. BAM (including Misbun and myself) think that HH and KBH can do better. But they have repeatedly let us down. Therefore BAM is saying that HH and KBH are not working hard enough.
Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-05-2009 at 08:39 PM.
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM #87
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM #88
2. Replace the top player every yr? Definitely not, and no one is saying every yr. But review them after several yrs, definitely.
3. Thank you for the replies to the 2 questions. And thank you once again for confirming and acknowledging that BAM and even Misbun are looking at their tournaments' results; i hope that's what you meant by "can do better". There's definitely no denying and no hiding from that fact.
Here's another teh tarik for ya..
Last edited by ctjcad; 02-05-2009 at 09:01 PM.
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM #89
If the best that KBH and HH can do is 1st or 2nd round exit, if that's truly their ceilings now, what's the point of keeping them? Might as well dedicate the time and funds to train other MS.
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM #90
..would even say "It's about time or it's long overdue for BAM to do something with HH's & KBH's presence in the national team"..
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM #91
Eastern cultures are different from the Western ones
Yes, Eastern cultures are different from the Western ones.
Perhaps, the Eastern Badminton Associations have more patience. Let's look at some 'well-known' players in Eastern countries who have not done well at tournaments, but not sacked.
From INA: TH ... who at one time appeared to be going downhill
From CHN: BCL ... who is known as Mr Runner-Up
From MAS: HH ... who is known as Mr Yo-Yo
In the Western world, these players would have been replaced already.
In the Eastern world, these players still get many second chances.
Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-05-2009 at 09:25 PM.
02-05-2009, 09:24 PM #92
TH was still the 06 AG champ, and performance wise, still in the top 10 of MS the world...(at the very least he still able to win a title last couple of year)
BCL....well, he's definitely in the top 10 of the world any given day.... he just have ridiculous record when it comes to final...
Now compare that HH and KBH.....errr...where the heck is the comparison again???
02-05-2009, 10:22 PM #93
02-08-2009, 02:36 AM #94
02-08-2009, 03:24 AM #95
1) Badadum, Sairol & LTS are with KLRC, not BAM, hence no warnings to them, . LTS does manage to win 1 or 2 GP titles a year.
2) THis year, it has already been stated by the National Sports Council that budget is reduced for tourneys. A player/pair only get to go 8 to max 10 tourneys a year, not 12 like it used to. Therefore, with less budget, the seniors like Hafiz, KBH will be next to go, allowing more spots for youngsters to come up.
Hafiz should be same age with LCW = 26. KBH = 25. They have had many years to prove themselves.
3) Although the youngsters have improved, when they play each other in local tourneys/international tourneys, they have lost to Hafiz or KBH. Only recently at the National GP, they (meaning TCS, CWF, Arif, Daren) have managed to beat KBH, Hafiz.
02-08-2009, 06:42 AM #96
02-08-2009, 06:52 AM #97
If the youngsters can beat HH and KBH consistently, then Misbun won't need to ponder
And Sairul & LTS managed to win some titles (from smaller tournaments) without BAM. So, even if they were with BAM, we won't think that they would get a warning like what HH and KBH had received.
02-08-2009, 10:27 AM #98
02-15-2009, 10:54 PM #99
HH should have been canned 2 years ago simply because he has shown that he can lose to anyone and has no competitive spirit.He would be more useful as a sparring partner.He would enjoy that more as the fitness requirement is less and he can maximise on his trickshots which would be ideal training for mental alertness.
KBH, however, has been causing upsets.This indicates something positive has got into his system and he should be given maximum opportunities to improve his ranking.He will still splutter but will make slow and steady progress and be a worthy MAS MS no 2.But he has to work harder on his physical conditioning because his match confidence follows from that.
I wonder how physical fitness is fixed for BAM players.Is it the job of the badminton coach or physical fitness coach?
02-16-2009, 12:05 AM #100
02-16-2009, 12:25 AM #101
02-16-2009, 12:29 AM #102
By ants in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 66: 07-05-2010, 03:51 AM
By unregistered in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 141: 06-25-2008, 04:53 AM
By limsy in forum Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008Replies: 64: 06-15-2008, 06:05 AM
By yling in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 49: 06-07-2006, 11:21 AM
By blue_apple in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 127: 05-19-2006, 10:32 PM