Anyplace to play or practice near/in Hackensack NJ??

Discussion in 'USA East' started by Dr.Joe, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Dr.Joe

Dr.Joe New Member

Hi...recently moved back to Hackensack, NJ. Haven't played in years but woudl really like to start up again. I used to really enjoy playing. Looking for somewhere close to town. I have read of a place in Hoboken, though posts are from a couple of years ago. Well, hope to hear from you. Thanks.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe the club (friendly badminton) still has hoboken facility on Sundays. Myself haven't been there for a while, but heard they still have their regular schedule. Maybe check www.friendlybadminton.com and contact the managers to double confirm. ;)

3. dukdgr8

dukdgr8 New Member

engineer
    Hello guys, I also live in north new jersey particularly in River Edge which is right at the tip of North Hackensack. I have checked out the site of friendly badminton and they still do play during Sundays at Hoboken Catholic Academy (HCA). Lazy buddy, since you are the pioneer in badminton groups here, I was hoping to find a place probably much closer from where I live. Do you have any suggestions besides the one in Hoboken? Maybe even a covered gym that we could rent out? Maybe this way we could start our small group this side of NJ. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry, myself have not been to friendly badminton club for quite a while now, due to the travel distance. Since I live in NY, I am not sure that if I am the most reliable source regarding NJ area. Sorry... :eek: