User Tag List

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dawei94 View Post
    overgrip or replacement grip?
    I use towel grip with my NS9900. The dry balance point was however measured without both the string and grip (so empty frame and bare/naked wooden handle).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just restrung my Nanospeed 9900 @ 26lbs, (Victor VS850 string) will be able to test it tomorrow, I haven't used my NS9900, in over a month, so I will want to see if it is able to convince me away from my SW35. I need to make a decision between NS9900 and SW35 for a tournament I have soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Just restrung my Nanospeed 9900 @ 26lbs, (Victor VS850 string) will be able to test it tomorrow, I haven't used my NS9900, in over a month, so I will want to see if it is able to convince me away from my SW35. I need to make a decision between NS9900 and SW35 for a tournament I have soon.
    @LD rules, you are already in love with your SW35, aren't you?
    I bet you will stick with SW35.
    I did. Tried to switch back to NS9900 too, but it was already too late. The NS9900 was too headlight, less powerful but. I missed a lot of shots as the racket is too responsive, too fast.
    Good luck on your tournament.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemont View Post
    I did. Tried to switch back to NS9900 too, but it was already too late. The NS9900 was too headlight, less powerful but. I missed a lot of shots as the racket is too responsive, too fast.
    well, I am not sure wheter or not I will switch back to the NS9900, I think I will switch to the SW35, full time for singles, but I will give the NS9900 a last try, in regards to singles, otherwise it will remain a doubles racket.
    Regarding the tournament: Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    well, I am not sure wheter or not I will switch back to the NS9900, I think I will switch to the SW35, full time for singles, but I will give the NS9900 a last try, in regards to singles, otherwise it will remain a doubles racket.
    Regarding the tournament: Thanks
    There's a simple reason why the NS9900 is mostly seen as a doubles racquet even though it is originally conceived as a repulsive "singles" racquet: you'll have to be on your top form if you want to use it effectively in singles.

Firstly the racquet is head light to even balance meaning that it won't help you in clearing or smashing or generating fast head speed (like how the Armortecs and the SW35 will due to their head weight) if you don't apply enough wrist flick. Then the racquet is pretty stiff meaning that if your swing is not consistently hard enough your shots won't come out effectively all the time compared to a slightly flexier racquet.

One of the only professional players who I think can pull it off using the NS9900 for singles will be Chen Hong, who has shown very good performance using the NS8000 in professional singles (some very good cases are his victories against LD in AE2005 final and BOTH TH and PG in WC2006). Most people would have thought the NS8000 (predecessor to NS9900, NS9000 is a little more different as it doesn't have the slim head profile, has the Elastic Ti in its frame instead of Fullerene like both NS8000 and NS9900 and is more even balanced) was more of a doubles racquet too as how the NS9900 is seen as now. Bao Chunlai also used it a lot during 2005 but his performance wasn't as significant as Chen Hong's; both used to be 1st gen Ti-10 users in the professional singles circuit.

Thus simply put, in doubles one would not have to concentrate on game strategy and be subjected to game psychology as much as in singles and can therefore put more focus in using the NS9900 more effectively. Arguably NS9900 demands a higher strength input than most other "singles" racquets for making good shots although the shot power produced is amazingly significant at full power input

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemont View Post
    You are correct Voldemont just couldn't get used to it at all, I was too quick to the shuttle, looks like SW35 is the racket for me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just posted a video review of Nanospeed 9900 on my blog www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Whilst some of you would prefer the technical stuff like balance point to mm, I prefer to test a racquet based on performance and compare to other models from the same manufacturer for reference.

Hope you like it.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha... my ns 9900 n amortec 900p are already in the 'wrap'..meaning already into the museum...no longer in use...

2 of ea btw...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do the CH coded ns9900 have CH in bold written on the shaft above the cone like the SP coded racquet's pictures do earlier in the thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep the ch coded ones do(got one myself) but the tw coded doesnt, wierd eh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh thanks yeah it confused me as well cos the UK coded racquets i have dont have those :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have AT900P, AT900T, and NS9900, all 3U.
    I feel very comfortable with both AT900P & T, and I totally agree with the description for NS9900 regarding its
    stiffness and light weight for Doubles play, but why do I feel the NS9900 vibrates a lot at impact as if its a cheapo racket ?
    I have sore elbow after the game with NS9900, I don't have this elbow problem if I use only the AT900.
    They are strung at about the same tension, 25-26lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smash-Tajam View Post
    I have AT900P, AT900T, and NS9900, all 3U.
    I feel very comfortable with both AT900P & T, and I totally agree with the description for NS9900 regarding its
    stiffness and light weight for Doubles play, but why do I feel the NS9900 vibrates a lot at impact as if its a cheapo racket ?
    I have sore elbow after the game with NS9900, I don't have this elbow problem if I use only the AT900.
    They are strung at about the same tension, 25-26lbs.
    i don't have sore elbow... only sore 'ego'... hahahahaha....

mine's strung at 29 btw... but nowadays,they're 'rested'....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Smash-Tajam&T-Maker,

pls PM me if you guys keen to let your ns9900s go. i have been using at900p too and just manage to get hold of this. but i feel it is doing better for me. agree that it 'vibrates' a bit more but darn, it feel good at net and taking harsh smashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Concretemad,
    Its good to know that someone out there also feel the vibration from NS9900, at least now I know its normal, and I fully agree with you its performance at the net, I would like to also comment its amazing quality for accuracy when doing placement shots despite the additional explosive energy needed to execute.

As for letting it go, well I plan to use it for another while and if my elbow can handle it after I re-string it to probably 24lbs, I plan to use it as my main racket for a long time. I am currently using AT900P as main weapon of choice but if there is a tournament coming up I will switch to NS9900 couple of weeks before the tournament to give myself ample time to adjust to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smash-Tajam View Post
    Hi Concretemad,
    Its good to know that someone out there also feel the vibration from NS9900, at least now I know its normal, and I fully agree with you its performance at the net, I would like to also comment its amazing quality for accuracy when doing placement shots despite the additional explosive energy needed to execute.

As for letting it go, well I plan to use it for another while and if my elbow can handle it after I re-string it to probably 24lbs, I plan to use it as my main racket for a long time. I am currently using AT900P as main weapon of choice but if there is a tournament coming up I will switch to NS9900 couple of weeks before the tournament to give myself ample time to adjust to it.
    I don't feel vibrations with my NS9900.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LD rules!,
    My NS9900 is SP coded 3UG5, what is yours for comparison sake ?