User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 25
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    KJ
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ashaway Viper XT700 and XT2000 review?

    Hei anyone of you guys tried ashaway viper XT700 or XT2000 before?
    kinda interested but dont know which to get.some advise or review will help alot.thx

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Notts, UK
    Posts
    206
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The xt700 is a good racket, its mid to head heavy balance and medium stiff shaft. It looks good with the orange on the frame. It's got good power and quite easy to use. I have also had the xt900 which was stiffer and more head heavy, the xt900 is an older racket so it may be cheaper. I haven't tried the xt2000.

  3. #3
    Regular Member allyjack110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biribiri77 View Post
    Hei anyone of you guys tried ashaway viper XT700 or XT2000 before?
    kinda interested but dont know which to get.some advise or review will help alot.thx
    I don't think the XT2000 which you refer to actually exists. I think you might be meaning the XT1200. It is Ashaway's newest and flagship racket. It uses HEX technology which I believe is very similar to Victor's Bravesword frames.


    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  19.5 KB

  4. #4
    Regular Member allyjack110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My new Viper 700; arrived this morning. Really looking forward to using it.

    Name:  2014-01-09 14.01.41.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  90.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    KJ
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    coolz...will u be doin a review once you've tested it?

  6. #6
    Regular Member allyjack110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biribiri77 View Post
    coolz...will u be doin a review once you've tested it?
    I'll do my best. I'm not playing much at the moment and of course I'll need to get it restrung first. Having said that, it feels very nice in my hand. Not too heavy and not too light. It's more of a balanced racket compared to the XT900 which I used to own. I'm not especially keen on head-heavy rackets. Build quality is excellent as you would expect from Ashaway. Max tension is 26lbs but I doubt I'll ever go that high. My preferred tension is 24lbs.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    KJ
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    I don't think the XT2000 which you refer to actually exists. I think you might be meaning the XT1200. It is Ashaway's newest and flagship racket. It uses HEX technology which I believe is very similar to Victor's Bravesword frames.


    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  19.5 KB
    I've seen it being sold locally...im from malaysia btw but cant seem to find it on ashaway sites over at Uk or USA.somehow i think XT2000 might be an asian market exclusive?

    You can even see it being promoted on ashaway UAE facebook page :

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...39722616086534Name:  2376979674.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  41.6 KBName:  2362212864.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  38.6 KB

  8. #8
    Regular Member allyjack110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're correct, it does exist. My mistake. I don't think this racket is available in the UK however. It looks pretty cool. Forgive my ignorance but what does KJ stand from?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    KJ
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    You're correct, it does exist. My mistake. I don't think this racket is available in the UK however. It looks pretty cool. Forgive my ignorance but what does KJ stand from?
    The funny thing is XT1200 is available locally...at the moment im more less going for the XT700....I'll decide once im at the store.might as well check out XT1500 and XT2000 while im there.
    KJ = kajang.....thats the town im from

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    KJ
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biribiri77 View Post
    The funny thing is XT1200 is available locally...at the moment im more less going for the XT700....I'll decide once im at the store.might as well check out XT1500 and XT2000 while im there.
    KJ = kajang.....thats the town im from
    sorry i meant XT1200 is not available locally =P

  11. #11
    Regular Member allyjack110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biribiri77 View Post
    coolz...will u be doin a review once you've tested it?
    @ biribiri77,

    I played with my XT 700 last night for the for the first time. I only played with it for about an hour but my initial thoughts towards it were very positive. However, I feel I will be better-off placed to give a more in-depth review once I get it back from the stringers tomorrow night. I don't feel stock strings do a brand new racket any justice, so I get them replaced whenever I purchase a new racket; in this case BG65ti.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello everyone,

    Wow, thats a nice XT 700 u got there! 24lbs is the way to go.

    I had been searching for this Ashaway Viper XT 1200 model in the local market ever since its release.
    Tried calling and visiting local outlets but to no avail.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    KJ
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default .

    Quote Originally Posted by Razack View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Wow, thats a nice XT 700 u got there! 24lbs is the way to go.

    I had been searching for this Ashaway Viper XT 1200 model in the local market ever since its release.
    Tried calling and visiting local outlets but to no avail.
    Im from malaysia and have the same problem here but luckily i managed to get hold of Viper XT700 just a few days ago.will be posting up the pictures soon.
    Somehow i think XT1200 is only meant for Europe/USA market.Just like how XT1500 and XT2000 is available locally but arent available over in Europe/USA

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,638
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I seen XT1200 selling here but not XT2000.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biribiri77 View Post
    Im from malaysia and have the same problem here but luckily i managed to get hold of Viper XT700 just a few days ago.will be posting up the pictures soon.
    Somehow i think XT1200 is only meant for Europe/USA market.Just like how XT1500 and XT2000 is available locally but arent available over in Europe/USA
    Maybe... but i do really hope somehow this powerful racket is available in Singapore soon. Perhaps it is still early for the release as it is among the latest line of Ashaway rackets.

    Name:  viperxt1200.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  39.7 KB

    By the way below is the Viper XT 1200 description extracted online.

    Ashaway Viper XT 1200 Hex Badminton Racket is a powerful attacking racket with good feel for defence. The head cuts the air for rapid swing speed.

    Viper Weave Technology - this unique construction integrates a Meta Composite into a Ultra HM Graphite core to provide an X-treme tension frame with low torque and virtually no lateral movement even on miss hits.

    HEX frame technology which provides strength in an ultra-slim construction. The hexagonal shape increases aerodynamics and together this generates ultimate speed

    Carbon Nano Tube construction uses a carbon formation that provides immense strength with less weight than standard carbon formations.

    The high tension head allows a max tension of 28lbs
    The racket is prestrung in Ashaway Zymax

    + Viper Weave
    + Hex Frame

    + Carbon Nano Tubes
    + High Tension Frame

    + High Power
    + Max Tension 28lbs

    + Strung in Ashaway Zymax 70



    Amazing racket and one of the best Ashaway rackets that i had seen so far. Definitely worth the buy. Hoping it will be available in Singapore soon....

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    KJ
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Name:  SAM_2239.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  19.5 KBName:  SAM_2238.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  41.8 KB

    Just had it strung with Ashaway Zymax62 25lbs.
    Have not really had the chnace to really test it out yet but the initial feel is pretty much positive.feel solid

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biribiri77 View Post
    Name:  SAM_2239.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  19.5 KBName:  SAM_2238.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  41.8 KB

    Just had it strung with Ashaway Zymax62 25lbs.
    Have not really had the chnace to really test it out yet but the initial feel is pretty much positive.feel solid
    Awesome very nice!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •